Windows 10: Cannot fit display to widescreen LG monitor

Discus and support Cannot fit display to widescreen LG monitor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 and have a widescreen LG monitor. My display is currently displaying a standard frame width with two large vertical blocks of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LoganAngel, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Cannot fit display to widescreen LG monitor

I am running Windows 10 and have a widescreen LG monitor. My display is currently displaying a standard frame width with two large vertical blocks of unused monitor space on either side of the screen. I have tried messing with the display settings in order to expand my display to the whole monitor to no avail. Could somebody please help me?

:)

LoganAngel, Jul 30, 2020

2. Display is skewed left on widescreen monitor

Hey there,

I have a Toshiba Satellite Radius laptop and was using a square monitor with it. Now I switched it out for a widescreen monitor but the display is skewed left - I do not see the control panel window on the monitor. I tried auto adjusting and moving it
    100% left on the horizontal option, but it still won't fit. Help?

Thanks!

JulesShind12, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Display is skewed left on widescreen monitor

Hello!

No, the display was like that from the very beginning I connected the monitor to the laptop. It was not this way with the squar/non-widescreen monitor. The only settings I played with were switching back and forth from "expanded display" mode in Settings,
    but this did not fix the issue. I also tried doing auto-adjust and horizontal movement on the monitor itself, and nothing. Thanks for your help!

JulesShind12, Jul 30, 2020
  4. numberr2 Win User

Cannot fit display to widescreen LG monitor

Widescreen monitor

Just upgraded to Windows 10 and it won't recognize my monitor as widescreen - Acer v246hql

numberr2, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Cannot fit display to widescreen LG monitor

1. Cannot fit display to widescreen LG monitor - Similar Threads - Cannot fit display

2. Widescreen monitor not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Widescreen monitor not working: I have a HP Elitebook x360 which is work issued. I have been running a MSI 34” widescreen monitor via HDMI cable through a USB-C hub for months without issue. Suddenly the laptop won’t recognise that the monitor is plugged in and the monitor is getting no signal from the...
  3. Widescreen monitor not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Widescreen monitor not working: I have a HP Elitebook x360 which is work issued. I have been running a MSI 34” widescreen monitor via HDMI cable through a USB-C hub for months without issue. Suddenly the laptop won’t recognise that the monitor is plugged in and the monitor is getting no signal from the...
  4. Widescreen monitor not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My display suddenly switches to 1920x1080 and can no longer fit display to widescreen LG...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My display suddenly switches to 1920x1080 and can no longer fit display to widescreen LG...: I am running Windows 10 and have a widescreen LG monitor. My display is currently displaying a standard frame width with two large vertical blocks of unused monitor space on either side of the screen. This is because I changed the actual monitor settings from "widescreen" to...
  6. My display suddenly switches to 1920x1080 and can no longer fit display to widescreen LG...

in Windows 10 Customization
    My display suddenly switches to 1920x1080 and can no longer fit display to widescreen LG...: I am running Windows 10 and have a widescreen LG monitor. My display is currently displaying a standard frame width with two large vertical blocks of unused monitor space on either side of the screen. This is because I changed the actual monitor settings from "widescreen" to...
  7. My display suddenly switches to 1920x1080 and can no longer fit display to widescreen LG...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Monitor doesn’t fit display

Monitor doesn’t fit display: After a small update window 10 My monitor doesn’t fit the displayThere black border on the sides andI already changed 1920x1080 resolutionCan someone help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-doesnt-fit-display/351210ee-5931-4f04-b75b-cf03c8062493
  9. Microsoft Wireless Adaptor V2 with widescreen LG 29WK600

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Wireless Adaptor V2 with widescreen LG 29WK600: Dear Microsoft, I just bought Microsoft Wireless Adaptor V2 and after connected to LG 29WK600, there is no the resolution 2560 X 1080 Please kindly help Thank you Asawin P....
  10. Display fitting monitor

Display fitting monitor: Okay, so I'm a super tech person , but I know a thing or two. My problem is the recommended size or this monitor is slightly to big. If I lower it one size, looks like a squished version of the recommended size. I go to the lowest setting and it fits but is to small for my...