Windows 10: Cannot fix resolution on screen since changing VGA cable

Discus and support Cannot fix resolution on screen since changing VGA cable in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently changed the VGA cable as I needed to move my desk around. Since then I have been unable to fix the resolution, I have gone thru display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Julie Lee (julie), Jan 3, 2019.

1. Cannot fix resolution on screen since changing VGA cable

I recently changed the VGA cable as I needed to move my desk around. Since then I have been unable to fix the resolution, I have gone thru display settings. My screen is now blurry or too small if I revert to 100%. I am baffled and frustrated.

Anyone got any ideas?

thank you

:)

Julie Lee (julie), Jan 3, 2019
  2. Mark_2424 Win User

Windows 10 VGA Cable Resolution Issue

I have an issue with VGA cables and Windows 10. Using one VGA cable I can get a maximum resolution of 1920X1080. When I plug up another VGA cable I only have a maximum resolution of 1280X1024. The only visible difference between the two cables is one
    has a blue coated ends and the other is black coated. Both cables have the same VGA cable number, voltage, temp, etc.

When I use both of the cables on a Windows 7 computer I get a maximum resolution of 1920X1080 on both cables.

What would cause Windows 10 to recognize the VGA cables differently? I believe this is a operating system issue, but am open to other theories as well!

Mark_2424, Jan 3, 2019
  3. Screen Resolution too big

Hello,

Firstly, try to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it fixes the issue.

I suggest you to change the screen resolution settings and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and type Change Screen Resolution and click on the option listed.
    • Under resolution try changing the resolution settings.

Also try to install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website and check.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 3, 2019
  4. Cannot fix resolution on screen since changing VGA cable

Connecting old laptop (Win10) to TV with VGA. Screen resolution.

Hi Ugne,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

• Is there any option to set the screen sizing options in TV, if there please try performing the changes and check?
    I would suggest you to check if the issue resolves in Safe Mode with networking.

• Remove all the externally connected device.
    • Place the Laptop in Safe mode and then connect the laptop to the TV via VGA cable and check.
    Refer this article to boot to safe mode with networking:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

Cannot fix resolution on screen since changing VGA cable

1. Cannot fix resolution on screen since changing VGA cable - Similar Threads - Cannot fix resolution

2. HDMI to VGA cable issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI to VGA cable issue: Hi there, recently when i was working with my PC, my monitor went black and started saying "power saving mode", after a few day and changing VGA cable and power cable, etc. I just understood that my HDMI to VGA cable was the issue.I just bought a new one from Asus brand, Now...
  3. Screen resolution changed since update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Screen resolution changed since update: After a recent update my screen resolution has changed and no matter what I have tried nothing has helped to return it to normal. Any suggestions gratefully accepted...
  4. Double headed VGA cable

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Double headed VGA cable: Got this double headed VGA cable and plan on putting the single head into the GPU while putting one of the double heads in the PSU, can i do that? like so: [ATTACH] 167208
  5. usb-c to vga cable

usb-c to vga cable: The USB - C to VGA cable isn't working - no display on monitor ? I bought this because the description said I didn't need to download a driver? can you help?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-c-to-vga-cable/d86e7ac4-ef56-423b-aa50-e72fc929ef4a
  6. Screen resolution cannot be changed?

Screen resolution cannot be changed?: My screen resolution cannot be changed in the settings. I have already tried to update all drivers, have sent the graphics card in for repair twice, but this error does not occur in the workshop. At the PC I have already changed all components except the hard disk, the...
  7. HDMI to VGA cable issue

HDMI to VGA cable issue: I have laptop ASUS S510UQR model installed windows 10. This laptop have HDMI port only so i use HDMI to VGA cable to connect to external monitor (projector) having VGA port. It works fine until i update windows 10. Normally, when i plug HDMI to VGA port to laptop, a sound...
  8. Screen resolution fix

Screen resolution fix: Hello to everyone, I have the following problem, I have two monitors right now, one connected hdmi to hdmi with a gtx1070 that works on 1440p perfectly. The other one (2nd monitor) a samsung syncmaster B2240 that is supposed to be able of reaching a 1080p resolution can't...
  9. Screen Resolution cannot change in new install

Screen Resolution cannot change in new install: I just installed the latest Windows 10 Preview build 10074 on a partition on my drive. I want to set my screen resolution to 1200 x 900 or similar but it permanently fixed on 1024 x 768. Here is a snapshot from spekky......
  10. Can't detect VGA cable

Can't detect VGA cable: Hello, i have a custom built PC and an LG monitor plugged in already for a while with HDMI. Now i got a second monitor (Dell) with VGA cable but Windows 10 says it can't detect the second monitor Any help? - Graphics card MSI GeForce GTX 970 4G - Thanks in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to detect windows 2048 resolution

2. how to change resolution with vga cable

3. why the icons are too big after plug in vga cable