Windows 10: Cannot Force an App to Use Integrated GPU on My Laptop

Discus and support Cannot Force an App to Use Integrated GPU on My Laptop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,There is an app on my computer that does not run on the dedicated GPU. Previously I used to right-click on the .exe file and select run with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Deep xCross, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Cannot Force an App to Use Integrated GPU on My Laptop

Hi,There is an app on my computer that does not run on the dedicated GPU. Previously I used to right-click on the .exe file and select run with graphics processor > integrated graphics.That option is no longer available. However, I could go to Windows' graphics setting and set the app to use integrated GPU. It was working fine until the last update.After the last update, the app keeps on running with the dedicated GPU. Even changing the setting on Nvidia control panel to force the app to run using integrated GPU is not working.Please let me know how to resolve this issue.

:)

Deep xCross, Nov 24, 2021

2. How can I force my dedicated GPU to handle all applications or disable my integrated GPU?

From pureinfotech:

Silas Reel, Nov 24, 2021
  3. Mithin_EJ Win User
    Is there a way to force a program to use a secondary GPU?

Hi Zeond1987,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Are you getting any error message?

If you have a multi-GPU system running Windows 10, you can now manually specify the preferred graphics processor an app should use for performance or to improve battery life.

In order to force an app to use a discrete GPU instead of the integrated one, or vice versa to provide better system performance or battery life, I suggest you to follow the below steps.

1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the System icon. Click on System.

2. Click on Display on the left side

3. Under “Multiple displays,” click the Advanced graphics settings link.

4. Select the kind of app you want to configured using the drop-down menu:

Classic app — these are your traditional Win32 desktop programs.

Universal app — these are those app available through the Microsoft Store.

5. If you select Classic app, you’ll need to click the Browse button to locate the “.exe” file to add the app. Otherwise, if you select the Universal app option, you’ll see a second drop-down menu to select the app.

6. Select the app you added from the list.

7. Click the Options button

8. Set the graphics preference you want to use:

System default — this is always the default setting, and Windows 10 decide which GPU to use automatically.

Power saving — runs the application on the GPU that uses the least power, which most of the time is your integrated graphics processor.

High performance — runs the application on the most capable GPU, which is most of the time an external or discrete graphics processor.

9. Click the Save button.

I also recommend you to update the GTX 1080 drivers from the manufacturer website, and
    Check if that work.

Hope it helps,

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes Or No

Mithin_EJ, Nov 24, 2021
  4. pooltaxi1 Win User

Cannot Force an App to Use Integrated GPU on My Laptop

Windows 10 Won't use NVIDIA GPU, Uses Integrated Graphics Instead! (LAPTOP)

I have a similar (same) problem with my ASUS laptop.

My Laptop: ASUS F550L laptop

SPECS:

Windows: Windows 10

Processor: Intel Core i7-4500MQ CPU @ 1.8GHz

RAM: 8 GB

System Type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor.

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M

Integrated GPU: ?

DirectX Version: ?

I have tried the steps listed above but they did not resolve the problem.

I have attempted to download an updated driver but my driver was reported as 'up to date'.

What do I do now?

pooltaxi1, Nov 24, 2021
Thema:

Cannot Force an App to Use Integrated GPU on My Laptop

1. Cannot Force an App to Use Integrated GPU on My Laptop - Similar Threads - Cannot Force App

2. Why did my laptop switched to integrated GPU?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why did my laptop switched to integrated GPU?: Hello so I have bought this laptop 1 week and some days ago and I looked in NVIDIA control panel and selected RTX4060 as my main GPU and everything was fine until today.I saw a big difference in FPS in PUBG yesterday evening when I was playing it I had 140-160 FPS and today I...
  3. Cannot force some apps to use GPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot force some apps to use GPU: In graphics settings i've set apps like msedgewebview.exe to use integrated gpu but this app is still using my high performance nvidia gpu. Some games use the integrated gpu insted of nvidia gpu even if i've set the app to use only high performance nvidia gpu. What am i doing...
  4. Cannot force some apps to use GPU

Cannot force some apps to use GPU: In graphics settings i've set apps like msedgewebview.exe to use integrated gpu but this app is still using my high performance nvidia gpu. Some games use the integrated gpu insted of nvidia gpu even if i've set the app to use only high performance nvidia gpu. What am i doing...
  5. Laptop Using Integrated Graphics Instead of actual GPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Using Integrated Graphics Instead of actual GPU: Hello. I have had this issue where my computer isn't using my Nvidia GPU when I game or anything else. It instead is using Intel Integrated Graphics. This has been occurring ever since I switched out my HDD for a new one. I have already installed the latest driver for it...
  6. Laptop Using Integrated Graphics Instead of actual GPU

Laptop Using Integrated Graphics Instead of actual GPU: Hello. I have had this issue where my computer isn't using my Nvidia GPU when I game or anything else. It instead is using Intel Integrated Graphics. This has been occurring ever since I switched out my HDD for a new one. I have already installed the latest driver for it...
  7. Cannot Force an App to Use Integrated GPU on My Laptop

Cannot Force an App to Use Integrated GPU on My Laptop: Hi,There is an app on my computer that does not run on the dedicated GPU. Previously I used to right-click on the .exe file and select run with graphics processor > integrated graphics.That option is no longer available. However, I could go to Windows' graphics setting and...
  8. Cannot Force an App to Use Integrated GPU on My Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot Force an App to Use Integrated GPU on My Laptop: Hi,There is an app on my computer that does not run on the dedicated GPU. Previously I used to right-click on the .exe file and select run with graphics processor > integrated graphics.That option is no longer available. However, I could go to Windows' graphics setting and...
  9. Force Xbox Game Bar and other Universal app to use NVIDIA GPU in dual GPU Laptop

Force Xbox Game Bar and other Universal app to use NVIDIA GPU in dual GPU Laptop: Dear Microsoft Team, Is it possible to run Xbox Game Bar or other Windows 10 Universal app on NVIDIA GPU rather than on integrated Intel GPU? On the graphics setting, I only found Intel HD Graphics 3000 and I couldn't find my NVIDIA GPU See attached image bellow. My main...
  10. Laptop using dock for external monitors only uses integrated GPU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop using dock for external monitors only uses integrated GPU: Hello! I am running a Razer Blade with a GTX 1060 6Gb GPU. I just got a new Dell Universal Dock D6000 that uses software called DisplayLink for my two external monitors. After setting the monitors up I wanted to run Diablo 3 and see how it looked with the new setup. The...