Windows 10: Cannot format Windows.

Discus and support Cannot format Windows. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey, first of all all of my problems started with the usb i plugged in at my computer it was kingston. Apperantly, it had some trojans etc but my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ali EgeMas, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Cannot format Windows.

Hey, first of all all of my problems started with the usb i plugged in at my computer it was kingston. Apperantly, it had some trojans etc but my licenced kaspersky found it and removed it. But just before the removal, it wanted to restart computer so i did. Everything was normal until i couldnt open my game because of insufficient someting memory etc dont remember. After i tought about the virus that has been deleted as kaspersky stated, i wanted to make a new fresh start. I would format my pc.

1. I tried in built windows formatter. It did not work, gave me "we can't format your computer "error.

2. I tried to repair startup, cannot repair.

3.Tried 2 different bootable usbs, made with windows's own tool via different pc. Can't even boot bc my sand disk brand usb became kingston in name the first usb that had trojans on boot manager.

4. Then tried to open bootable windows usb after the windows started just like you run your normal usb as it should start even if double click on it. It gave no errors but eternal loop after you select format this computer. 5 seconds after you select that, it asked me again if i want to reset my computer. Eternal loop.

So after all i cant even format my pc. My last resort will be taking out my c harddisk. Then will try to format d disk and install fresh windows inside.

Note: By the way, i cant even access my pc> manage apperantly mmc exe is not allowing me to access for my well-being. If it is a virus, i'm surrendering. If you have any idea to salvage my hdd before i destroy it, your welcome and i appreciate any help you can provide.

:)

Ali EgeMas, Feb 18, 2020
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Feb 18, 2020
  3. Windows Format Configuration (time)

Hi Joc,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps you to change the time format.

• Press Windows key + X key, clicking Control Panel, clicking
      Clock, Language, and Region, and then clicking
      Region.
    • Click the Formats tab, and then, in the
      Format list, select the Match Windows display language (recommended)
      under Format.
    • Check if the h: mm: tt is available under Short time and
      Long time format.

Please post back with the results, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Feb 18, 2020
  4. Cannot format Windows.

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 18, 2020
Thema:

Cannot format Windows.

1. Cannot format Windows. - Similar Threads - Cannot format

2. cannot format or write to DVD RW Drive on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot format or write to DVD RW Drive on Windows 11: The Format option is missing from the right-click menu. Disks won't open, instead I get an error saying they need to be formatted first. After formatting the disk in another computer also using Windows 11 but it worked there I can open to see the disk is empty but cannot...
  3. cannot format or write to DVD RW Drive on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot format or write to DVD RW Drive on Windows 11: The Format option is missing from the right-click menu. Disks won't open, instead I get an error saying they need to be formatted first. After formatting the disk in another computer also using Windows 11 but it worked there I can open to see the disk is empty but cannot...
  4. Windows 11 default photos cannot open two files in webp format but with the file name...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 default photos cannot open two files in webp format but with the file name...: Note: The software here uses the "Photos" that comes with Windows 11, not the "Windows Photo Viewer"Replay scene:1. Name the two images in jpg format original1.jpg and original2.jpg, convert them into webp format, and then change the converted file suffix to .jpg, which is...
  5. Windows 11 default photos cannot open two files in webp format but with the file name...

Windows 11 default photos cannot open two files in webp format but with the file name...: Note: The software here uses the "Photos" that comes with Windows 11, not the "Windows Photo Viewer"Replay scene:1. Name the two images in jpg format original1.jpg and original2.jpg, convert them into webp format, and then change the converted file suffix to .jpg, which is...
  6. Cannot download and pc is slow/non responsive after format of drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot download and pc is slow/non responsive after format of drives: I just Formated all the drives on my pc and had it install windows on its own.After this i've tried to download several apps from google chrome but they just freeze mid download, except Steam. but when i launch the setup it freezes aswell mid download. if i try to launch...
  7. Cannot download and pc is slow/non responsive after format of drives

Cannot download and pc is slow/non responsive after format of drives: I just Formated all the drives on my pc and had it install windows on its own.After this i've tried to download several apps from google chrome but they just freeze mid download, except Steam. but when i launch the setup it freezes aswell mid download. if i try to launch...
  8. Cannot download and pc is slow/non responsive after format of drives

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. I want to format my sd card, but cannot do so because the external device I plugged it into...

I want to format my sd card, but cannot do so because the external device I plugged it into...: I want to format my sd card, but cannot do so because the external device I plugged it into registers as a usb and not sd card and therefore doesn't give me the option to format. What should I do?...
  10. I want to format my sd card, but cannot do so because the external device I plugged it into...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I want to format my sd card, but cannot do so because the external device I plugged it into...: I want to format my sd card, but cannot do so because the external device I plugged it into registers as a usb and not sd card and therefore doesn't give me the option to format. What should I do?...