Windows 10: Cannot full screen games due to resolution error (windows 10)

Discus and support Cannot full screen games due to resolution error (windows 10) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This might be a driver issue, even though I have looked into my drivers (nvidia and intel graphics) but I was not sure what forum topic to post this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KalanRE, Jun 23, 2019.

1. KalanRE Win User

Cannot full screen games due to resolution error (windows 10)

This might be a driver issue, even though I have looked into my drivers (nvidia and intel graphics) but I was not sure what forum topic to post this in. All drivers are up to date.

For a while now games (Any game. Even games I have played in the past) are suddenly triggering a pop up when I put them in fullscreen that says something along the lines of "Not the best resolution recommended, should be played at 1920x1080." Then it proceeds to shrink the game or just keeps popping me in and out of full screen with that pop up.

I've done a number of things to try to fix this. My display settings ARE 1920x1080 - I have never changed this. (I have never changed any display settings in my computer, so I have no clue why this suddenly began happening)
    Everything is at its recommended percentage and size.

Cannot full screen games due to resolution error (windows 10) a3ca8ea2-70ba-4135-a505-d10c5ea2953d?upload=true.png

I'm happy to provide images if needed for settings or anything. I am not very tech savvy so if you need specifics tell me how to find them please.

Thanks for the help

:)

KalanRE, Jun 23, 2019

2. Screen Resolution

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have a few doubts regarding your Windows 10 screen resolution. Let me help you.

• Do you see any error message or error code on the screen?

• What is the model of your computer?

• Are you able to access the modern apps?

I suggest you to update the Display Adapter Drivers

Step 1: Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.
    Refer to: How
    to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Step 2: Please follow the below steps to change the resolution of the screen and check:

• Type Change screen resolution in the
      Search
      box from the desktop.
    • Under Resolution search for the Recommended resolution and click on
      Apply.
    • A windows pops up saying "Keep these display settings", then select
      Keep changes.

I hope the issue will be resolved. Please reply with the updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jun 23, 2019
  3. full screen problem in gaming

Hello Ganesh,

It's unfortunate that you are facing issues with the display in Windows 10. We'll certainly assist you with this.

We appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue.

Share this information to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Is the issue particular to that game or other games also?
    This issue could occur if the your playing a game at a different resolution than the desktop resolution.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to check the resolution of the game as well as the resolution with in the computer and see if you are able to play the games in full screen.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the below link to troubleshoot the issues related to DirectX graphics and gaming on Windows 10.

DirectX Graphics and Gaming

Also,

Troubleshoot games

You can install Windows 8/8.1 drivers in compatibility mode from Manufacturer's website, if there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click the driver installation file and select Properties then tap or click the
      Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the driver and check.
    Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jun 23, 2019
  4. Cannot full screen games due to resolution error (windows 10)

Problem with Windows 10 taskbar and Full Screen games

Hello Richard,

Thank you for responding in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to check the resolution of the game as well as the resolution with in the computer and see if you are able to play the games in full screen.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the below link to troubleshoot the issues related to DirectX graphics and gaming on Windows 10.

DirectX Graphics and Gaming

Also,

Troubleshoot games

You can install Windows 8/8.1 drivers in compatibility mode from Manufacturer's website, if there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click the driver installation file and select Properties then tap or click the
      Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the driver and check.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 23, 2019
Thema:

Cannot full screen games due to resolution error (windows 10)

1. Cannot full screen games due to resolution error (windows 10) - Similar Threads - Cannot full screen

2. My games crash at texture resolution full??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My games crash at texture resolution full??: Hello so what's odd is, my games that I been playing such as Phasmophobia and Sons Of The Forest and more that I lost count of, I have 4 options on texture resolution. Such as Full, Half, Quarter, and eighth, When I have it on full they crash during the loading screens, I...
  3. Cannot complete installation of windows 10 due to small resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot complete installation of windows 10 due to small resolution: On this photo it wants me to choose how will be my computer configured, but I cannot see the options to choose from, what can i do? Nothing works......
  4. Cannot complete installation of windows 10 due to small resolution

Cannot complete installation of windows 10 due to small resolution: On this photo it wants me to choose how will be my computer configured, but I cannot see the options to choose from, what can i do? Nothing works......
  5. Cannot complete installation of windows 10 due to small resolution

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Full screen games with lower resolution than native resolution change the display resulution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Full screen games with lower resolution than native resolution change the display resulution: Recently I bought a 4k monitor and tried to play Apex Legends in full HD resolution. because I want to use it as 4k for programming and 4k requires too much power to play games.But I noticed that when games go into full HD full screen mode, Windows also go into HD resolution....
  7. Full screen games with lower resolution than native resolution change the display resulution

Full screen games with lower resolution than native resolution change the display resulution: Recently I bought a 4k monitor and tried to play Apex Legends in full HD resolution. because I want to use it as 4k for programming and 4k requires too much power to play games.But I noticed that when games go into full HD full screen mode, Windows also go into HD resolution....
  8. change screen resolution automatically in full screen ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    change screen resolution automatically in full screen ?: i want to use pc with 1280x1024 and i want to use it in games with 1024x768 can i make it automatically changes when i open games ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-screen-resolution-automatically-in-full/60c2b011-0d39-4584-bacc-12062296dbaa
  9. Cannot full screen games with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot full screen games with Windows 10: For a while now games are suddenly triggering a pop up when I put them in fullscreen that says something along the lines of "Not the best resolution recommended, should be played at 1920x1080." Then it proceeds to shrink the game or just keeps popping me in and out of full...
  10. Cannot full screen games with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot full screen games with Windows 10: For a while now games are suddenly triggering a pop up when I put them in fullscreen that says something along the lines of "Not the best resolution recommended, should be played at 1920x1080." Then it proceeds to shrink the game or just keeps popping me in and out of full...