Windows 10: Cannot full screen games with Windows 10

Discus and support Cannot full screen games with Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; For a while now games are suddenly triggering a pop up when I put them in fullscreen that says something along the lines of "Not the best resolution... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by leiux, Jun 23, 2019.

1. leiux Win User

Cannot full screen games with Windows 10

For a while now games are suddenly triggering a pop up when I put them in fullscreen that says something along the lines of "Not the best resolution recommended, should be played at 1920x1080."
    Then it proceeds to shrink the game or just keeps popping me in and out of full screen with that pop up.

I've done a number of things to try to fix this. My display settings ARE 1920x1080 - I have never changed this. (I have never changed any display settings in my computer, so I have no clue why this suddenly began happening)
    Everything is at its recommended percentage and size.

Cannot full screen games with Windows 10 [​IMG]

I'm happy to provide images if needed for settings or anything. I am not very tech savvy so if you need specifics tell me how to find them please.

Thanks for the help

:)

leiux, Jun 23, 2019

2. Problem with Windows 10 taskbar and Full Screen games

Hello Richard,

Thank you for responding in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to check the resolution of the game as well as the resolution with in the computer and see if you are able to play the games in full screen.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the below link to troubleshoot the issues related to DirectX graphics and gaming on Windows 10.

DirectX Graphics and Gaming

Also,

Troubleshoot games

You can install Windows 8/8.1 drivers in compatibility mode from Manufacturer's website, if there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click the driver installation file and select Properties then tap or click the
      Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the driver and check.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 23, 2019
  3. full screen problem in gaming

Hello Ganesh,

It's unfortunate that you are facing issues with the display in Windows 10. We'll certainly assist you with this.

We appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue.

Share this information to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Is the issue particular to that game or other games also?
    This issue could occur if the your playing a game at a different resolution than the desktop resolution.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to check the resolution of the game as well as the resolution with in the computer and see if you are able to play the games in full screen.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the below link to troubleshoot the issues related to DirectX graphics and gaming on Windows 10.

DirectX Graphics and Gaming

Also,

Troubleshoot games

You can install Windows 8/8.1 drivers in compatibility mode from Manufacturer's website, if there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click the driver installation file and select Properties then tap or click the
      Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the driver and check.
    Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jun 23, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot full screen games with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot full screen

2. Cursor invisible in full screen games. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor invisible in full screen games. Windows 10: Hello, i have had this problem since yesterday, i was playing a game normally where i needed to use cursor to do certain things, when i finished the session of playing the game, i closed the computer and went away.Later when i planned on playing the same game again, it...
  3. Windows Mute Full Screen Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mute Full Screen Games: How do I stop Windows from muting full screen games when they are running in the background? I have 2 monitors and every time I click a window on the second monitor, my game that is running in the primary monitor mutes the sound. I am streaming games and it's causing a bad...
  4. Windows Mute Full Screen Games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mute Full Screen Games: How do I stop Windows from muting full screen games when they are running in the background? I have 2 monitors and every time I click a window on the second monitor, my game that is running in the primary monitor mutes the sound. I am streaming games and it's causing a bad...
  5. WINDOWS 10 FULL SCREEN PROBLEM GAMES

in Windows 10 Customization
    WINDOWS 10 FULL SCREEN PROBLEM GAMES: Hi, my problem is that when I try to put a game in full screen, the screen turns black and starts to flash after the image and then it turns black again, the drivers are all updated, try solutions that are already published but I don't have solution, I hope a satisfactory...
  6. Full Screen Games!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Full Screen Games!: I downloaded township, but i dont want it to take up the whole screen! How do i make it into a window? Thank you u/SeraphsEnvy! I cant figure out how to change the flair to solved.. submitted by /u/12sGirl89 [link] [comments]...
  7. No Full Screen Games

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    No Full Screen Games: Hello, I would like to prevent microsoft store games from going full screen when they open up. Is there a way to do so? I am using it on a touch screen and I don't want to loose the ability to click the X to close the window. Let me know, thanks!...
  8. Cannot full screen games due to resolution error (windows 10)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot full screen games due to resolution error (windows 10): This might be a driver issue, even though I have looked into my drivers (nvidia and intel graphics) but I was not sure what forum topic to post this in. All drivers are up to date. For a while now games (Any game. Even games I have played in the past) are suddenly triggering...
  9. Cannot full screen games with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot full screen games with Windows 10: For a while now games are suddenly triggering a pop up when I put them in fullscreen that says something along the lines of "Not the best resolution recommended, should be played at 1920x1080." Then it proceeds to shrink the game or just keeps popping me in and out of full...
  10. Full-screen game frozen, cannot into Task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Full-screen game frozen, cannot into Task manager: Hello Everybody, I'm kinda frustrated because I got my laptop with Windows 10 Home edition and all updates (Asus Rog G752VY-GC178T) and before this I used Windows 7 which I'm very familiar with. Anyway, one of the most frustrating thing of this crap windows which I'm forced...