Windows 10: Cannot gain access to C drive

Discus and support Cannot gain access to C drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I went to properties on my disk drive and clicked security, I messed around with the permissions as I was trying to do something but after I went... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by llengerr, May 22, 2021.

1. llengerr Win User

Cannot gain access to C drive

So I went to properties on my disk drive and clicked security, I messed around with the permissions as I was trying to do something but after I went back on it, there is only 1 user compared to my other drive which has 4. I am only able to read on my drive and I've tried the safe mode thing&nb

:)

llengerr, May 22, 2021

2. How to gain access to WindowsApps folder not in C?

Hello guys. I followed this guide to gain access for WindowsApps folder, and it worked.
    Now, I changed default drive for WindowsApps, to install Gears of War and Quantum Break(in future) in a larger drive. But the method to gain access to the WindowsApps folder, seem to not work if the drive isn't C, the default one.

Siegfriedm, May 22, 2021
  3. Paola Gar Win User
    c-drive not accessible, access denied

Hi,

To better understand the issue, we'd like to get the following information:

• How are you trying to access (CCannot gain access to C drive :) Drive?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • If possible, kindly send us a screenshot of the complete error message you're getting.

Looking forward to your response.

Paola Gar, May 22, 2021
  4. Cannot gain access to C drive

Windows 10 c: drive not accessable

I was trying to solve a problem I had with accessing several folders, following the steps on a web site, and

I got a message that the owner of the C; drive was being erased!

Since then I have no access to the c: drive, I keep getting "access denied", "you don't have the proper permissions", "you don't have read permission", and when I finally got into Safe Mode and clicked on C:/properties/security, it said "Owner: Unable to
    display current owner".

I've tried more methods than I want to list trying to get ownership of the C: drive and set permissions back where they belong.

Where is the c: drive owner entered? Would I need to RegEdit? If so, please provide step by step because all I know about RegEdit is that it's dangerous to mess with.....

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Dave Ahlberg

DaveAhlberg, May 22, 2021
Thema:

Cannot gain access to C drive

1. Cannot gain access to C drive - Similar Threads - Cannot gain access

2. No access to C: Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No access to C: Drive: So essentially, I was tryna give access to a file, and I messed with security permissions which ended up making me lose access to my hard drive altogether. I've tried reinstalling Windows completely, using cmd prompt, reinstalling Windows 10, and then upgrading to Windows 11...
  3. My C: Drive is randomly gaining storage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My C: Drive is randomly gaining storage: The past week I noticed my C: Drive was gaining storage very slowly for no reason. Today I decided to remove some stuff from it because it was gaining quite a bit, it was roughly at 60 gigs when I removed stuff and got it to 151 gigs. I took a screenshot right after cleaning...
  4. No Access to C Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Access to C Drive: I'm not good with computers so I need help with a permissions problem on my C Drive. I wiped my laptop recently and tried to add a folder on my C Drive and tried to change it from a read-only file but it wouldn't let me. I tried following a few guides to give myself C Drive...
  5. Still Cannot Access Root Drive ( C:\ )

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Still Cannot Access Root Drive ( C:\ ): I need to copy a file into my Windows 10 root drive (C:\). I cannot and get Error 0x80070522. - Found a tool which I really don't want to use since it is for folders and sub-folders. - Turned off User Account Control setting is set to the lowest. - I don't have HomeUsers...
  6. How to gain access to WindowsApps folder not in C?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to gain access to WindowsApps folder not in C?: Hello guys. I followed this guide to gain access for WindowsApps folder, and it worked. Now, I changed default drive for WindowsApps, to install Gears of War and Quantum Break(in future) in a larger drive. But the method to gain access to the WindowsApps folder, seem to not...
  7. Cannot access both C: and D: Drives.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot access both C: and D: Drives.: Title says it all ladies and gents. Access is denied on both drives. Just upgraded about an hour ago and I've been looking for solutions but cant seem to find any that works for me. I'm only using one account and its a Local(Administrator) account. It would be nice if someone...
  8. drive C used space is gaining

in Windows 10 Support
    drive C used space is gaining: For some reason my used space is gaining more(see attached). Just a few weeks ago the used space was at 50gb today it is up to 70gb. I don't know why it keeps gaining probably everyday a few gigabyte. I did a tuneup update in geeksquad but that was all. I never installed any...
  9. User Cannot Gain Access To 802.1x Enterprise Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User Cannot Gain Access To 802.1x Enterprise Network: Strange issue. On MY personal laptop, Windows 10 connects to the college WPA2 802.1x enterprise user-login wireless network just fine, but one of our students keeps getting "no internet access". It's not his account, as he wouldn't be able to connect to our network at all if...
  10. File in old hard drive locked, cannot gain access

in Windows 10 Support
    File in old hard drive locked, cannot gain access: Hi all! I've searched across the web for help with this and nothing has seemed to work so far. I pulled a hard drive out of my old Windows 7 (I think) PC and I was trying to salvage some old family photos. I found a file with a lock icon on it. It allows me inside, but all...