Windows 10: Cannot gain access to certain folders on flash drive. It doesnt allow me to add Everyone...

Discus and support Cannot gain access to certain folders on flash drive. It doesnt allow me to add Everyone... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I cannot gain access to certain folders on flash drive. It says I need to get permission from Everyone. But when I try to add everyone to the share, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Preeti pc6n, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Cannot gain access to certain folders on flash drive. It doesnt allow me to add Everyone...

I cannot gain access to certain folders on flash drive. It says I need to get permission from Everyone. But when I try to add everyone to the share, it does not allow me to. I have tried this at the E; as well as for individual folders that need permission from Everyone. Please help.

:)

Preeti pc6n, Aug 1, 2020
  2. DTG1 Win User

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

DTG1, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Cannot gain access to certain folders on flash drive. It doesnt allow me to add Everyone...

How to remove drive from list of allowed apps in "controlled folder access"

I recently enabled controlled folder access in the Windows Security app. I was running an executable from a USB (assigned drive letter 'I:') that required access to one of my protected folders, so I allowed it via

Windows Security>Virus & threat protection>Manage ransomware protection>Allow an app through controlled folder access>Add an allowed app

After removing the USB drive the program I allowed is no longer in the list of allowed apps under "allow an app through controlled folder access". However, now "Drive (ICannot gain access to certain folders on flash drive. It doesnt allow me to add Everyone... :)" is listed as an allowed app.

It appears that I cannot remove the drive from the list of allowed apps. How can I remove it?

Christopher54, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Cannot gain access to certain folders on flash drive. It doesnt allow me to add Everyone...

1. Cannot gain access to certain folders on flash drive. It doesnt allow me to add Everyone... - Similar Threads - Cannot gain access

2. ADD FLASH DRIVE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ADD FLASH DRIVE: Somehow my flash drive e got dropped. How do you add it back? Thanks for the help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-flash-drive/6e92ac16-73c0-4fb1-b2b4-18521ed5a3c9
  3. ADD FLASH DRIVE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ADD FLASH DRIVE: Somehow my flash drive e got dropped. How do you add it back? Thanks for the help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-flash-drive/6e92ac16-73c0-4fb1-b2b4-18521ed5a3c9
  4. ADD FLASH DRIVE

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. add a flash drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    add a flash drive: how do you add a flash drive ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-a-flash-drive/6d9b927e-4117-4dcb-94b2-74288a541557
  6. add a flash drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    add a flash drive: how do you add a flash drive ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-a-flash-drive/6d9b927e-4117-4dcb-94b2-74288a541557
  7. add a flash drive

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Cannot gain access to C drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot gain access to C drive: So I went to properties on my disk drive and clicked security, I messed around with the permissions as I was trying to do something but after I went back on it, there is only 1 user compared to my other drive which has 4. I am only able to read on my drive and I've tried the...
  9. Cannot delete a folder on a flash drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot delete a folder on a flash drive: I have a Samsung flash drive. It has a huge folder with thousands of files on it. I want to empty the drive, but I'm unable to delete that folder. File Explorer just hangs or does nothing no error message. The same when I try to delete individual files in batches. Sometimes...
  10. File in old hard drive locked, cannot gain access

in Windows 10 Support
    File in old hard drive locked, cannot gain access: Hi all! I've searched across the web for help with this and nothing has seemed to work so far. I pulled a hard drive out of my old Windows 7 (I think) PC and I was trying to salvage some old family photos. I found a file with a lock icon on it. It allows me inside, but all...