Windows 10: cannot gain the lost space after driver update

Discus and support cannot gain the lost space after driver update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hi, I updated my NVIDIA display driver. I would loose 1GB of HD space but will gain it back after deleting temporary files via storage under settings.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PaulPChou, Sep 29, 2020.

1. PaulPChou Win User

cannot gain the lost space after driver update

hi,

I updated my NVIDIA display driver. I would loose 1GB of HD space but will gain it back after deleting temporary files via storage under settings. Now, it will not. It happens with the Intel display driver too. Does not happen in previous versions of Windows. Is anyone facing the issue, or just me?

:)

PaulPChou, Sep 29, 2020
  2. PaulPChou Win User

Installed Realtek High Definition Audio but lost 1GB of C drive space

hi there:

I like to know, when I installed Realtek High Definition Audio driver, the newer one, I lost 1GB of C drive space, not that it is a lot. How can I gain that 1GB of lost space? I remember when I installed the Intel audio driver, I can gain the lost space.
    Where to check where the lost space went?

PaulPChou, Sep 29, 2020
  3. hellrazor Win User
    CPU drivers LOST IN SPACE

OK, so I decided to go update the drivers for my processor (after Borderlands said some BS about negative delta time) and both the drivers and the dual-core optimizer have been lost to the paradox in space where files go when they get deleted.

Sooooo..... if anybody knows where to get them..... Thanks would be in order.

hellrazor, Sep 29, 2020
  4. cannot gain the lost space after driver update

Lost space of Pen Drive

Hello,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

• Have you tried connecting to a different computer?
    I suggest you to connect the USB flash drive to a different computer and check.

First back up all the data from your USB drive to another location.

I suggest you to connect the USB flash drive to a different computer and check.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to refresh the drive letter and then try to rescan the drives that are connect to the computer and check.

To refresh drive letter:

• Open Computer Management (Local).
    • In the console tree, click Computer Management (Local), click
      Storage, and then click Disk Management.
    • Click Action, and then click Refresh.
    • Once you have refreshed connect the new zip drive and to update hardware information, click Rescan Disks instead.
    Step 2: For unallocated space on USB drive

• Press the Windows key, and type Diskpart.

• Click the result to open the DiskPart command prompt window.

• In the command prompt window, type list disk and hit Enter.

• The removable USB drive or hard disk will be shown under
      Disk 1.

• Type in the following commands and hit Enter.
    select disk 1

Clean

create partition primary

• The first command selects your removable USB drive.

• The Clean command deletes all the current partitions present on the USB drive.

• The Create primary partition creates a fresh partition and allocates all the unallocated space on this fresh partition.

• Type Exit to close the command prompt window.

• Unplug your USB drive and plug it back again.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

cannot gain the lost space after driver update

1. cannot gain the lost space after driver update - Similar Threads - cannot gain lost

2. Sound Lost after Windows Update -missing drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound Lost after Windows Update -missing drivers: My speakers/sound stopped working after a large Windows download recently. I have an HP Pavilion Elite Model HPC 410t which HP says is retired. There are no drivers on the HP support site . The message on the devices page states tha the AMD HDMI Output AMD High Def Audio...
  3. Sound Lost after Windows Update -missing drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound Lost after Windows Update -missing drivers: My speakers/sound stopped working after a large Windows download recently. I have an HP Pavilion Elite Model HPC 410t which HP says is retired. There are no drivers on the HP support site . The message on the devices page states tha the AMD HDMI Output AMD High Def Audio...
  4. Sound Lost after Windows Update -missing drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. how to gain a driver for Samsung android

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to gain a driver for Samsung android: How to gain a device driver for a samsung A14 android https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-gain-a-driver-for-samsung-android/d9530550-f0d6-41dc-b886-482feecfb314
  6. Cannot gain access to C drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot gain access to C drive: So I went to properties on my disk drive and clicked security, I messed around with the permissions as I was trying to do something but after I went back on it, there is only 1 user compared to my other drive which has 4. I am only able to read on my drive and I've tried the...
  7. Lost sound driver after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost sound driver after update: This happens every time there is an update. I cannot recall how I fixed it before. Already tried going to Device Manager and trying to update the driver. Only one shows there and cannot fix it. This i why I HATE these updates....
  8. After Windows Update and System Restore I've lost disc space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After Windows Update and System Restore I've lost disc space: So Windows updated to the most recent update, whatever it was. But I noticed an empty New Folder on my desktop and I thought that I had accidently deleted things in that folder. So I did a system restore to a few days ago. Before the update, and the system restore I had 35gbs...
  9. After latest W10 update, suddenly lost a lot of hd space

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    After latest W10 update, suddenly lost a lot of hd space: Hi there, After the last Windows 10 update, I sudden lost almost 10 gigs of SSD hd space. Getting the message. I've tried uninstalling what bloatware I could find and cleaning the cache/recycling/temp files, etc. I don't know where this extra weight is coming from. Has...
  10. drive C used space is gaining

in Windows 10 Support
    drive C used space is gaining: For some reason my used space is gaining more(see attached). Just a few weeks ago the used space was at 50gb today it is up to 70gb. I don't know why it keeps gaining probably everyday a few gigabyte. I did a tuneup update in geeksquad but that was all. I never installed any...