Windows 10: cannot get a usb key to load onto my pc

Discus and support cannot get a usb key to load onto my pc in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently purchased a papercraft usb key. in the instructions it says click on start , then on computer when the start menu appears it does not show... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by raymondknox, Nov 8, 2019.

1. cannot get a usb key to load onto my pc

I recently purchased a papercraft usb key. in the instructions it says click on start , then on computer when the start menu appears it does not show computer - could anyone please help me by telling me what I am doing wrong and what I should do to get it to work , waiting for a speedy reply -- thank's

:)

raymondknox, Nov 8, 2019
  2. Ar3s Win User

HD 5870 Bios flash failed

mp3 player is in FAT / FAT32 format ?

Set Boot up first to the drive with hiren bootcd 10.4
    Done...

the options will pop out after loading the disc choose

boot cd

then the list (step by step)

Next...
    Dos....
    USB Drivers....
    Load USB Drivers with no386.....

Ask you load cd drivers. NO
    Ask you load SCSI drivers. NO
    Ask you anything NO.
    USB driver list comes out. 8 Don't choose anything else.

type
    C:\ (that should be your mp3 player if you did it right)

atiflash -i
    to list the adapters

atiflash -p -f 0 ???.bin

done.........

Ar3s, Nov 8, 2019
  3. Fresh restart of PC, now OS gone, how to reinstall using USB

The USB/Disk you insert to install an operating system should be bootable i.e. the BIOS should be able to find the file on your USB/Disk and initiate the boot.

It may have happened that the USB your prepared is not bootable.

Here are the steps to follow:

1. Make a bootable USB of Windows from the ISO using a program "Boot Camp Assistant" on mac. Follow the guide here: How to create a Windows 10 installer USB drive from a Mac
    2. Insert USB in your PC and start it.
      • If you see 'press any key to boot from USB" then, press any key and windows installer will load.
      • If you don't see it, Go to your system BIOS settings, and change the order of boot devices. Keep USB at the top. -> Save changes and restart.

Now, to follow the instructions/steps on screen and windows will guide your throughout the installation process.

Shubham Kumar, Nov 8, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

cannot get a usb key to load onto my pc

USB cable USB not recognised to charge samsung galaxy S5 on laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

The issue may arise if the currently loaded USB driver has become unstable or corrupt or if your PC requires an update for issues that may conflict with a USB device and Windows. This may also occur if your USB controllers may
    have become unstable or corrupt. So, I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if the issue persists.

Method 1: Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Drive. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter
    Method 2:

Remove and reinstall all USB controllers.

• Press Windows key + X, click Device Manager.
    • In the list of hardware categories, find and expand
      Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Right-click every device under the Universal Serial Bus controllers node, and then click
      Uninstall to remove them one at a time.
    • Restart the computer, and let the USB controllers get reinstalled.
    Plug in the removable USB device, and then test to make sure that the issue is resolved.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

cannot get a usb key to load onto my pc

1. cannot get a usb key to load onto my pc - Similar Threads - cannot usb key

2. Issue loading App onto Windows PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue loading App onto Windows PC: App download won't work. I keep getting C:\windows\Installer\MSID65C.tmp. States it is not a valid Win32 application. Happened a number of times, the MSI code changes each timeDefinitely not the app, I suspect it's a Windows issue, if someone could help my 10 year old will be...
  3. Issue loading App onto Windows PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue loading App onto Windows PC: App download won't work. I keep getting C:\windows\Installer\MSID65C.tmp. States it is not a valid Win32 application. Happened a number of times, the MSI code changes each timeDefinitely not the app, I suspect it's a Windows issue, if someone could help my 10 year old will be...
  4. Can a virus get onto my USB drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can a virus get onto my USB drive: I am sure my windows 10 laptop has a virus in it, so I have decided to do a factory reset of the laptop. However, I have some very important files on the laptop which I want to keep and I am pretty sure if I run the "keep my personal files" option on the factory reset the...
  5. Stuck/Cannot download - Files onto USB DRIVE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck/Cannot download - Files onto USB DRIVE: I am trying for the past 10days and have used 2 different computers and in safe mode too but i simply cannot write the downloaded files onto my USB Drive. Note: The files are getting DL from official MS Site and it gets downloaded fully, but at 100 something goes wrong....
  6. Cannot down load anything onto my new computer

Cannot down load anything onto my new computer: I am trying to download the zoom app onto my recently purchased laptop. Like many of us I will be working from home for a while and my employer will be using zoom for meetings. It allows me to attempt to download but as soon as I tell it to run the program I get a text box...
  7. How do I load photos from my laptop onto a USB?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I load photos from my laptop onto a USB?: How do I load photos from my laptop onto a USB? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-load-photos-from-my-laptop-onto-a-usb/d5bd97c1-5323-4f85-b246-b9ca6b2dc98b
  8. Cannot load from CD or USB

Cannot load from CD or USB: I volunteer for a non-profit job corps. They were given some PCs with Windows 8 on them. They want to upgrade to 10, but the previous owners do not allow the machine to boot from the CD or the USB. Of course, no one knows the BIOS passwords to turn it off. Is there a bypass...
  9. Cannot Load USB driver.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot Load USB driver.: I am having no luck installing a driver for a product I use for backup. First let me explain. I am a Radio Control enthusiast. I fly multiple aircraft from one transmitter (not at one time). My manufacture is JR; the transmitter designation is 12X. The backup program works...
  10. Cannot connect onto my homegroup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot connect onto my homegroup: I have set up a Homegroup on two laptops which use Windows 10 and both connect to the Homegroup. However, neither will display any computers on the Homegroup. I have tried all sorts of things but all I seem to get from the Homegroup trouble shooter is that there are...