Windows 10: Cannot get AOL to Change Email Sounds to You Got Mail.

Discus and support Cannot get AOL to Change Email Sounds to You Got Mail. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Changed all settings on both accounts of MSN and Gmail and in Windows System Default, but cannot get AOL You Got Mail in Incoming Email Notifications.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Coaltrain, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Coaltrain Win User

Cannot get AOL to Change Email Sounds to You Got Mail.

Changed all settings on both accounts of MSN and Gmail and in Windows System Default, but cannot get AOL You Got Mail in Incoming Email Notifications. .....Help.

:)

Coaltrain, Aug 1, 2020
  2. MS7380 Win User

AOL - You have Mail

Since I downloaded Windows 10 when I go to AOL Mail it no longer says "You've Got Mail" through my speakers. I have no problem with other sounds coming through, it is just the mail sound in AOL. I do miss that. When I am in a different screen it always
    would let me know when mail arrived by saying "You've Got Mail". I do not see where it states that I need to change any settings.

MS7380, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Outlook trouble in Windows 10 handling AOL email

Hi Dave,

• Are you referring to Windows 10 Mail App?
    • If yes, then is that an additional account?

If your AOL is an additional account in Windows 10 Mail App, then I suggest you to remove the account and reconfigure it and check the behavior. And if your AOL is primary a account, please get back to us for further assistance.

I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below and check.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/remove-account

Thank you

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Aug 1, 2020
  4. jekiboi20 Win User

AOL Email

imichalis wrote:

I can't set up AOL email. I received error code: 8007274C. Can anybody help?

Have you tried setting it up using Other or Advance Setup? Here are the POP settings of AOL:

• AOL Mail POP incoming server address: pop.aol.com
    • AOL Mail POP outgoing server address: smtp.aol.com
    • AOL Mail POP user name: Your AOL Mail screen name (what precedes "@aol.com" in your AOL Mail address; if the address is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, for instance, the screen name is "me")
    • AOL Mail POP password: Your AOL Mail password
    • AOL Mail POP port (Incoming): 995
    • AOL Mail POP port (Outgoing): 587
    • AOL Mail POP TLS/SSL required (both for incoming and outgoing): yes

On Lumia devices, Advance setup doesn't have fields for Ports and Logon authentication. To enable this you'll need to include it on the incoming and outgoing server. For exam. "user@aol.com:995:1". The number "1" indicates that the TLS/SSL will
    be enabled.

jekiboi20, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot get AOL to Change Email Sounds to You Got Mail. - Similar Threads - Cannot AOL Change

2. Cannot get into Windows 11 AOL mail.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot get into Windows 11 AOL mail.: My AOL continues to indicate that my password is incorrect. I followed their suggestion and changed my passwod, but that seem to make any difference.I am having the same issue with Facebook.Help?!?!?...
  3. Cannot get into Windows 11 AOL mail.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot get into Windows 11 AOL mail.: My AOL continues to indicate that my password is incorrect. I followed their suggestion and changed my passwod, but that seem to make any difference.I am having the same issue with Facebook.Help?!?!?...
  4. sync email aol to windows mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sync email aol to windows mail: when opening inbox with windows it says I need to sync my accounts, how-where-why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-email-aol-to-windows-mail/3ee44afb-7c84-46ba-bfb9-4ed8e7c06d9a
  5. sync email aol to windows mail

sync email aol to windows mail: when opening inbox with windows it says I need to sync my accounts, how-where-why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-email-aol-to-windows-mail/3ee44afb-7c84-46ba-bfb9-4ed8e7c06d9a
  6. AOL mail no longer plays You've Got Mail sound upon login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AOL mail no longer plays You've Got Mail sound upon login: Hey, I have looked for answers to this problem but can't seem to find anything relevant to the issue I am having. I have recently noticed that upon logging into AOL mail, I can't hear the classic "You've Got Mail" notification sound anymore, even though I have the Play...
  7. AOL mail no longer plays You've Got Mail sound upon login

AOL mail no longer plays You've Got Mail sound upon login: Hey, I have looked for answers to this problem but can't seem to find anything relevant to the issue I am having. I have recently noticed that upon logging into AOL mail, I can't hear the classic "You've Got Mail" notification sound anymore, even though I have the Play...
  8. AOL mail no longer plays You've Got Mail sound upon login

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Unable to get AOL mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to get AOL mail: Anyone have any current ideas on how to get AOL mail on our PCs? I’ve lost the inability to access it on two separate computers and cannot figure out how to get it besides going to the website. I’d likw it to come up with my gmail, like it was before....
  10. Aol Mail and Email App

Aol Mail and Email App: How can I add my aol email account to the email app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aol-mail-and-email-app/508e8665-83ff-42f4-bc31-f43620de3cba