Windows 10: Cannot 'get' apps from Microsoft Store 2020

Discus and support Cannot 'get' apps from Microsoft Store 2020 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I just bought a new laptop, and it's in S Mode. I need to download programs not from the Microsoft Store as do we all - so I need it out of S... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JoIsaac, Jan 17, 2020.

1. JoIsaac Win User

Cannot 'get' apps from Microsoft Store 2020

Hi,

I just bought a new laptop, and it's in S Mode. I need to download programs not from the Microsoft Store as do we all - so I need it out of S Mode.

When I go to the Microsoft Store however, and click 'get', it greys out for a moment, then nothing happens. I tried some other free apps, and it's a general problem, not just the Switch to S Mode app.

I have tried various fixes, please do not tell me to reset, update, any of that. I've done it multiple times.

I cannot do a bunch of other fixes that include command lines, or Powershell, because - S mode.

I am about to try from a different user account, I will update if that works.

Please find me a fix, or my new laptop is useless :
    Thanks and...Microsoft, for the love of all things good, get rid of S mode.

Jo

:)

JoIsaac, Jan 17, 2020

2. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Jan 17, 2020
  3. sam02 Win User
    App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Jan 17, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft to remove low quality apps from Windows Store

P4-630, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot 'get' apps from Microsoft Store 2020 - Similar Threads - Cannot 'get' apps

2. Getting an app from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting an app from Microsoft Store: Hello, I downloaded windows 11 and created a new Microsoft account This account, I wanted to download/get an app but when I click on "Get" It shows me this: Image in comments...
  3. Getting an app from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting an app from Microsoft Store: Hello, I downloaded windows 11 and created a new Microsoft account This account, I wanted to download/get an app but when I click on "Get" It shows me this: Image in comments...
  4. Cannot get into Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot get into Microsoft store: As title, even though I am logged into my Microsoft account the store wants me to sign in also except that it wants me to sign in using an old outlook email address which I thought I had deleted some months ago. I sign in without issue with my new address but for some reason...
  5. Cannot get into Microsoft store

Cannot get into Microsoft store: As title, even though I am logged into my Microsoft account the store wants me to sign in also except that it wants me to sign in using an old outlook email address which I thought I had deleted some months ago. I sign in without issue with my new address but for some reason...
  6. Cannot get any apps from Microsoft Store

Cannot get any apps from Microsoft Store: The problem really is just that simple I cannot download anything from the Microsoft store. I Click on the :get app" button nothing happens. 172034
  7. Cannot get any apps from Mirosoft Store

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot get any apps from Mirosoft Store: The problem really is just that simple I cannot download anything from the Microsoft store. I Click on the :get app" button nothing happens. 172034
  8. Cannot download app from Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot download app from Microsoft Store: I have an Acer Aspire 5560 laptop computer dating from 2011 It is running Windows 10 Home, which was upgraded to version 2004 yesterday. Microsoft says the OS Build: 10.0.1.19041.388. The laptop is reported as follows: RAM: 3GB System Type: OSType64BitX64 Processor: AMD...
  9. Cannot reinstall an app from Microsoft store

Cannot reinstall an app from Microsoft store: Hi. I cannot download & install the app, “Notepad For Windows 10?” I did once have Notepad For Windows 10 on my PC, but I had uninstalled the app several months back. Now that I would like to have this app back onto my PC when I go to the Microsoft Store to try to...
  10. Can't get app from Microsoft Store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't get app from Microsoft Store.: I download some app before from Microsoft Store, but now it's not working. I am clicking on the blue button of GET but it's not downloading app. It also not showing any reason or message. I need some apps to get, help me out. Tnx....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot download apps from microsoft store 2020