Windows 10: Cannot get audio from online web dictionary

Discus and support Cannot get audio from online web dictionary in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I cannot get audio whenever I click on the button to voice dictionary words from my browser. I reformatted my computer to factory setting and still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pythonnewbie, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Cannot get audio from online web dictionary

I cannot get audio whenever I click on the button to voice dictionary words from my browser. I reformatted my computer to factory setting and still have the same issue. I've tried edge browser and google browser with no luck. I have audio when listening to music files and I also have audio when watching videos on youtube and twitch, Just no audio when I click on words in dictionaries.

:)

pythonnewbie, Oct 12, 2018
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Oct 12, 2018
  3. Dinasis Win User
    How to view or edit the custom dictionary?

If you go to Keyboard under Settings, you can hit "reset text suggestions" to return the dictionary/suggestions to what it came pre-loaded with. I don't know of a way to more finely tune it. I would like to see the ability to create and edit a custom word
    list, like the custom dictionary list as Office uses.

Dinasis, Oct 12, 2018
  4. Feathers Win User

Cannot get audio from online web dictionary

Dictionary in Word?

Thank you so much 1x07. I've put the Collins Dictionary into My Add-ins and I've put an icon for it on the quick access toolbar. When I click that icon it takes me to the list of add-ons and I then have to click the Collins Dictionary tab to get it open. Is there any way I can avoid having to do two moves? Can it be set up so that the Dictionary opens by just clicking the tookbar icon? Kind regards to you and many thanks for your help.

Feathers, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

Cannot get audio from online web dictionary

1. Cannot get audio from online web dictionary - Similar Threads - Cannot audio online

2. Cannot get my PC online

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot get my PC online: Cannot get my PC online. Please assist https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-get-my-pc-online/e5c4442b-67fb-4fe9-8762-faa97893e0f5
  3. Cannot get my PC online

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot get my PC online: Cannot get my PC online. Please assist https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-get-my-pc-online/e5c4442b-67fb-4fe9-8762-faa97893e0f5
  4. No Online Audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Online Audio: Hello,For some reason I am unable to hear online videos all of a sudden on my Lenovo laptop.I have audio when watching video files and music files saved to my laptop in my hard drive, but the audio doesn't work when trying to play online videos. This is everything from...
  5. No Online Audio

No Online Audio: Hello,For some reason I am unable to hear online videos all of a sudden on my Lenovo laptop.I have audio when watching video files and music files saved to my laptop in my hard drive, but the audio doesn't work when trying to play online videos. This is everything from...
  6. No Online Audio

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Dictionary

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dictionary: My dictionary is stuck on French and I need it on plain old English. I have tried every help item I could find with no success. How do I get this changed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dictionary/6c394098-3df6-485a-9f02-4247e35abec2
  8. Dictionary

Dictionary: My dictionary is stuck on French and I need it on plain old English. I have tried every help item I could find with no success. How do I get this changed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dictionary/6c394098-3df6-485a-9f02-4247e35abec2
  9. Dictionary +

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dictionary +: Необходимо в срочном порядке отредактировать словари для различных компьютерных программ и операционных систем компаний Microsoft Windows, Word etc., Adobe, Apple, Android, Google, Yandex, OpenOffice, Ubuntu и т.д. • Имена собственные: топонимы как Москва, Александров,...
  10. Cannot get sound from this online webcam

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot get sound from this online webcam: I can't decide what category to post this in, so am plonking it here. A small group of us are monitoring webcams focused on barn owls in a Cornish barn. Nestbox with audio = The Barn Owl Trust Nestcam | WildLife TV (Barn = The Barn Owl Trust Barncam | WildLife TV...