Windows 10: Cannot get audio from online web dictionary

Discus and support Cannot get audio from online web dictionary in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I cannot get audio whenever I click on the button to voice dictionary words from my browser. I reformatted my computer to factory setting and still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pythonnewbie, Oct 12, 2018 at 1:03 PM.

1. pythonnewbie Win User

Cannot get audio from online web dictionary

I cannot get audio whenever I click on the button to voice dictionary words from my browser. I reformatted my computer to factory setting and still have the same issue. I've tried edge browser and google browser with no luck. I have audio when listening to music files and I also have audio when watching videos on youtube and twitch, Just no audio when I click on words in dictionaries.

:)

pythonnewbie, Oct 12, 2018 at 1:03 PM
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

3. Dinasis Win User
    How to view or edit the custom dictionary?

If you go to Keyboard under Settings, you can hit "reset text suggestions" to return the dictionary/suggestions to what it came pre-loaded with. I don't know of a way to more finely tune it. I would like to see the ability to create and edit a custom word
    list, like the custom dictionary list as Office uses.

4. Feathers Win User

Dictionary in Word?

Thank you so much 1x07. I've put the Collins Dictionary into My Add-ins and I've put an icon for it on the quick access toolbar. When I click that icon it takes me to the list of add-ons and I then have to click the Collins Dictionary tab to get it open. Is there any way I can avoid having to do two moves? Can it be set up so that the Dictionary opens by just clicking the tookbar icon? Kind regards to you and many thanks for your help.

Thema:

1. Cannot get audio from online web dictionary - Similar Threads - Cannot audio online

2. Lost audio from online radio streams

in Browsers and Email
    Lost audio from online radio streams: The only streaming radio that I can hear is via the BBC Radio website - that works fine ! Any attempt to listen to any other radio station via their "Listen Live" button fails with no audio ..... and no error messages. I have also tried several online radio apps and they...
  3. Will This get me banned from GTA Online?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will This get me banned from GTA Online?: I was wondering if this mod for gta V will get me banned from GTA online? LINK its a low end mod this guy boasts about this mod bumping his 10 FPS to 30+ and running it on a intel HD, because i dont see 1 reason that gta V should be giving me trouble on my laptop, i can...
  4. How can I download an audio from a web page?

in Browsers and Email
    How can I download an audio from a web page?: Hi, I've faced this issue many times, and I still don't know what can I do to download an audio or video from a webpage to my computer. I have JDownloader2 installed, and for example, if I add a YouTube link, it analyses it and I can download the audio or the audio+video,...
  5. All audio from online radio streams has stopped !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All audio from online radio streams has stopped !: I have been using the TuneIn App on my Windows 10 Desktop for years without problem but just recently I lost the sound. It looks fine with no errors but it is as though the volume has been turned to zero ! I thought it was a problem with the App but when I try to listen...
  6. Dictionary in Word?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Dictionary in Word?: Good evening all, I am using the latest edition of Word. I've managed to add the Thesarus icon onto the Quick Access bar but I can't do the same for a dictionary. I want to use the dictionary to learn the meaning of selected words, as opposed to adding words to the grammar...
  7. Cannot surf the web!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot surf the web!: Hello! I approach you with a problem, I cannot surf the web (I've tried both chrome and edge) but I can use uTorrent to download files just fine. I formatted my pc TWICE, disabled automatic updates completely (because I thought that maybe it was a problem from an update),...
  8. Cannot get sound from this online webcam

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot get sound from this online webcam: I can't decide what category to post this in, so am plonking it here. A small group of us are monitoring webcams focused on barn owls in a Cornish barn. Nestbox with audio = The Barn Owl Trust Nestcam | WildLife TV (Barn = The Barn Owl Trust Barncam | WildLife TV...
  9. Cannot browse web.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot browse web.: Hi, I'm having an issue with my browser not connecting to my internet. I have no issues connecting to my email, Skype or steam. I just can't connect to webpages like Google. I have recently updated to windows 10 (from windows 7) but for the first day and a half everything...
  10. Get chatting on Skype from Office Online and OneDrive

in Windows 10 News
    Get chatting on Skype from Office Online and OneDrive: At Skype, we are always looking for ways for you to stay in touch more easily with your friends, family, classmates and colleagues. A big part of that promise is by bringing your Skype experiences together with activities, like email and other online services, so that you can...