Windows 10: Cannot get back to the previous version

Discus and support Cannot get back to the previous version in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I tried to get back to the previous Windows 10 version using Settings. But my computer cannot get to the login screen. Recommend a fix. Thank you sir... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KeciaLee, Feb 23, 2019.

1. KeciaLee Win User

Cannot get back to the previous version

I tried to get back to the previous Windows 10 version using Settings. But my computer cannot get to the login screen. Recommend a fix. Thank you sir

:)

KeciaLee, Feb 23, 2019

2. reverting to previous build/version

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue.

• When the computer did froze? Is it when you tried to roll back?
    • Did you receive any error message?
    I suggest you to remove all the external devices plugged in to the computer and check if it helps to resolve the issue. If the issue persists, please restart the computer and check whether it rolled back or not. If it loads Windows 10,
    I suggest you to download the latest ISO of Windows 10 and perform automatic repair.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Steps to perform repair:

a) Insert the installation DVD or USB
    and boot Windows 8 from it.

b) In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.

c) Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.

d) Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘Automatic Repair’ and select the operating system.

If you really would like to rollback, I suggest you to refer the below article on How to go back to the previous operating system (Windows 7/8.1) from Windows 10.

How to recover a previous build(s) or your original version of Windows using the Recovery or Rollback feature - Revised July 23rd, 2015

How to recover a previous build(s) or your original version of Windows using the Recovery or Rollback feature - Revised July 22nd, 2018

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy

to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 23, 2019
  3. JKSingh Win User
    restoring previous version of windows on windows phone

Recently I have upgraded my windows 8.1 phone to windows 10 phone. But I am not comfortable with this version and wants to rollback to my previous version windows 8.1.

Please help me and suggest the steps.

JKSingh, Feb 23, 2019
  4. Cannot get back to the previous version

Previous Versions

When you modify the maximum number of previous versions the GUI still doesn't list them all. It lists the oldest first. Can this please be fixed to at the very least list the newest first as more often than not these are the ones that are needed.

ZacAvramides, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

Cannot get back to the previous version

1. Cannot get back to the previous version - Similar Threads - Cannot previous version

2. Cannot remove previous versions of windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot remove previous versions of windows: Hello there, I recently reset my PC. After a few hours I realized the Windows.old folder was taking up a lot of space on my hard drive I tried go to settings>storage>temporary files and the option for "Previous versions of Windows" does not appear Then I tried to delete...
  3. rolling back to previous version of windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    rolling back to previous version of windows: I updated windows 10 to the 20h1 updates but there are some issues like loading for too long after pressing the right-click, overheating CPU among others. I had deleted the previous version of windows after updating so is there any way I can roll back without losing the data?...
  4. Can't go back to previous version

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't go back to previous version: I just upgraded to 1909, I read that they fixed the problem with search in File Explorer - they didn't it still doesn't work, and now it says "Your pc was updated more than 10 days ago". I tried 1909 several months ago, did not like the fact that you can't search in File...
  5. Cannot roll back to previous version of windows

Cannot roll back to previous version of windows: As stated above, I cant roll back as I get Error 0x80070490 Every time I try to uninstall the latest update of windows. I have tried rolling back through advanced startup as well and it says its unable to do it. both latest feature update and the other option. I have found...
  6. How to get previous icons back?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get previous icons back?: i like them, im referring to the windows apps, groove , movies, etc submitted by /u/pathoj [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fgm8ea/how_to_get_previous_icons_back/
  7. go back to previous version

go back to previous version: hello! have a good day! i have an issue regarding windows 10, kindly need some assistance. currently i have upgraded windows 10 1803 to 1809 version. and i have also deleted windows.old folder from c drive. but i am facing some issues with 1809 version. is their any...
  8. Cannot restore the previous Windows version

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot restore the previous Windows version: My PC failed to restore previous Windows version, all my efforts didn’t help. I tried to troubleshoot option but it didn’t work either. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-restore-the-previous-windows-version/05c7232d-4579-43fc-951c-ea31d343a057
  9. New version of SKYPE - terrible -- back to previous version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New version of SKYPE - terrible -- back to previous version: Hi folks In the race to "simplify things" - newer versions always seem to get worse - and the new SKYPE for Windows is horrible -- why do new developers hate menus -- loads of us are still using "Old fashioned computers" with nice large screens rather than tiny mobile...
  10. going back to a previous version of windows

going back to a previous version of windows: I'm thinking of going back to a previous version of windows right before the creators update (i think its the same as 1703). I don't like all the changes it caused, mainly not being able to rearrange my files the way i want to, that's a must have for me. Since i have never...