Windows 10: Cannot get Background display to work as a slide show.

Discus and support Cannot get Background display to work as a slide show. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have tried to set the Background Display to point to a folder that contains JPG photos to use as wallpaper. However, the laptop will not save the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EMT_RR, Sep 23, 2018.

1. EMT_RR Win User

Cannot get Background display to work as a slide show.

I have tried to set the Background Display to point to a folder that contains JPG photos to use as wallpaper. However, the laptop will not save the setting where I select SLIDESHOW even though the my WALLPAPER folder is still showing. It seems like the only option that works is to have a solid background.

I have run the Microsoft memory diagnostic and that reported back that no problems were found.

My system is an HP laptop with 1TB running Windows 10 (with the latest updates applied). I am running from the only userID on this laptop ... and administrator ID.

I had set this background display option on my wife's laptop (a Dell) but am frustrated as to why it will not work on my HP.

Thanks, in advance for your help!

:)

EMT_RR, Sep 23, 2018

2. slide show

Hey,

Use the following steps:

Navigate to Settings>Personalize>Background

Under background,

In the drop down list select Slide show.

hope it helps.

Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 23, 2018
  3. JaimeMW Win User
    windows 10 slide show not working

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to the community - by Windows 10 slide show, do you mean the desktop background slide show is not working or the slideshow option in the Photos app?

If it's the desktop background slide show and you are using on a laptop or tablet that is unplugged, by default the power options will likely not continue the slideshow. You can change this option in the advanced power settings:

• Type Power Options in the Search/Cortana bar
    • Open the Power Options - Control Panel option
    • Select Change plan settings on the power option that is selected for your device
    • Click Change advanced power settings
    • Under Desktop background settings - Slide Show, change the "On battery" option from Paused to Available
    Regards,

Jaime

JaimeMW, Sep 23, 2018
  4. dichroic1 Win User

My Background Slide Show doesn't work in windows 10

Original title: My Background Slide Show doesn't work.

I don't get the choice of Pictures to Show on The Desktop. My Background Slide Show doesn't work. How do I get it Back?

dichroic1, Sep 23, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot get Background display to work as a slide show. - Similar Threads - Cannot Background display

2. Change Time and Shuffle Background Slide Show

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Time and Shuffle Background Slide Show: I'd like to have the images for my wallpaper slide show change every 10 seconds. I used to be able to do this in Windows10, but haven't been able to do this in Windows 11. I tried doing the search I used previously, but it only brought me to the standard personalization page,...
  3. Change Time and Shuffle Background Slide Show

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Time and Shuffle Background Slide Show: I'd like to have the images for my wallpaper slide show change every 10 seconds. I used to be able to do this in Windows10, but haven't been able to do this in Windows 11. I tried doing the search I used previously, but it only brought me to the standard personalization page,...
  4. Background Slide Show only partially showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background Slide Show only partially showing: Hi! I have just recently been trying to create a slide show for my desktop background, but only some of the photos will show, and before the certain photos that won't show wont respond to any action with the 'next desktop background' or 'personalize'. After waiting a while...
  5. windows 10 desktop background slide show

windows 10 desktop background slide show: Hi, I'm trying to get a bit of help here. I've gotten a new computer with windows 10 on it and I'm trying to get the desktop background to play a collage of my photo's just like the lock screen does. I've done a lot of searching for this and none of the info I've found seems...
  6. Desktop background slide show selections have no way to get sabed and implemented

Desktop background slide show selections have no way to get sabed and implemented: Why is there no ability to save the options you choose for desktop background slideshows in WIndows 10. I can select "Slideshow" and Choose the folder which worked until today, but there in no save option so the settings NEVER GET UPDATED....
  7. Can't change the background slide show in Windows 10

Can't change the background slide show in Windows 10: I recently changed my background screen saver slide show, and I selected a folder on a portable HDM. But now I'm finding I can't change it to anything else. If I select "Picture" in the Personalization, it appears to take it but nothing changes. If I change the folder,...
  8. Show picture's filename in background slide show

Show picture's filename in background slide show: This Q was asked sometime ago around the time of W7 and XP. Anyone got a solution for W10? The background slide show is a great feature, I've set my laptop to pick every 10 minutes a random photo from the hundreds that are in my pictures library. Is it possible to see the...
  9. Background picture in slide show does not change

Background picture in slide show does not change: Under the setting/personalisation/background picture/slide show, the picture does not change. I have put change the picture every 30 minutes, but it does not change. How shell I make it work? I am using windows 10....
  10. win 10 background slide show

win 10 background slide show: I used to be able to select FOLDER And the slide show would include that folder plus all its sub-directories. but not now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/win-10-background-slide-show/7cc25543-c455-491f-9a0e-09499412bf0e