Windows 10: Cannot get computer speakers or external devices stereo receiver connected to play audio.

Discus and support Cannot get computer speakers or external devices stereo receiver connected to play audio. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have installed the drivers over and over again, troubleshoot, and reset twice reset not restart , and the computer still does not play the audio, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by rickymcbride, May 4, 2022.

1. Cannot get computer speakers or external devices stereo receiver connected to play audio.

I have installed the drivers over and over again, troubleshoot, and reset twice reset not restart , and the computer still does not play the audio, it doesn't play test sounds either. In the status notes, it says drivers are not installed, or they need further installation. That is after it tells me the drivers were installed and the devices are functioning properly. So I don't understand how the drivers can be installed and in working order on the finish page, and the next page to open says they need further installed. And it does not tell me how to do anything involving 'further insta

:)

rickymcbride, May 4, 2022
  2. gdgates Win User

Bluetooth audio won't play through home stereo receiver

Cannot get computer speakers or external devices stereo receiver connected to play audio. [​IMG]

Cannot get computer speakers or external devices stereo receiver connected to play audio. [​IMG]
    This isn't networking per se, maybe it falls under sharing. For some reason my HP Spectre 2-in-1 recently quit sending audio to my audio receiver, even though it and the receiver both show it being paired and connected. I've tried unpairing and reconnecting, but audio still goes through the built-in laptop speakers. My Windows phone connects and sends audio to the unit, so I think it's something to do with the HP. Thoughts?

gdgates, May 4, 2022
  3. How to connect old stereo speakers to computer

I have a set of stereo speakers (Creative Inspire T7900) that I would like to use with my laptop. I've connected all the smaller speakers to the main speaker (excuse my lack of speaker terminology) but now I can't connect the main one to my laptop. It has a 4 audio jacks! (Each jack is for a different set of speakers – front, rear, side, and center subwoofer.) How do I connect that with my laptop's 1 audio jack? Do I need an external sound card? Or will a splitter do?

Also, I've tried connecting just one of the jacks to my laptop, but the sound won't work. When I plug it in, any sound that was playing from my laptop speakers is muted, but I can't hear anything from the connected speakers.

Rolodophone, May 4, 2022
  4. Cannot get computer speakers or external devices stereo receiver connected to play audio.

headphones play but do not register as a device and external speakers keep playing

i plug in my headphones and the realtek popup tells me i have plugged a device into the audio jack (also how do i keep that from popping up and making a tone every time?) and audio plays through mu headphones but audio also plays from the external speakers.
    additionally i cannot find the headphones listed as a device. i am using skullcandy headphones connected by a m-m cable and a hp pavillion.

gavinjacob, May 4, 2022
Thema:

Cannot get computer speakers or external devices stereo receiver connected to play audio.

1. Cannot get computer speakers or external devices stereo receiver connected to play audio. - Similar Threads - Cannot computer speakers

2. Cannot get AirPods to connect in Stereo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot get AirPods to connect in Stereo: Let me start by saying I have been trying to research and figure this out on my own for days. I have been through tons and tons of trouble shooting. Countless forum threads and solutions just dont seem to work for my specific case. I am at a complete loss on what to try next....
  3. Cannot get AirPods to connect in Stereo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot get AirPods to connect in Stereo: Let me start by saying I have been trying to research and figure this out on my own for days. I have been through tons and tons of trouble shooting. Countless forum threads and solutions just dont seem to work for my specific case. I am at a complete loss on what to try next....
  4. Cannot get AirPods to connect in Stereo

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Cannot get computer speakers or external devices stereo receiver connected to play audio.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot get computer speakers or external devices stereo receiver connected to play audio.: I have installed the drivers over and over again, troubleshoot, and reset twice reset not restart , and the computer still does not play the audio, it doesn't play test sounds either. In the status notes, it says drivers are not installed, or they need further installation....
  6. Cannot get computer speakers or external devices stereo receiver connected to play audio.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot get computer speakers or external devices stereo receiver connected to play audio.: I have installed the drivers over and over again, troubleshoot, and reset twice reset not restart , and the computer still does not play the audio, it doesn't play test sounds either. In the status notes, it says drivers are not installed, or they need further installation....
  7. Itunes music playing through speakers not through connected audio devices?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Itunes music playing through speakers not through connected audio devices?: I recently got a windows pc and downloaded iTunes because I have the subscription. I connected a pair of wired headphones to my pc and played a song from my library tab and I came out of the speakers. Any other sounds that are from the internet or the sound tests came out...
  8. no audio to external speaker

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    no audio to external speaker: sound from external speakers not working, just from PC laptop speaker. Was working fine until recently. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-to-external-speaker/5076e7fb-74d7-48ca-97ea-b049318280f8
  9. Computer connects to bluetooth device but it won't play audio into it.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer connects to bluetooth device but it won't play audio into it.: Hi, I have the JLB650 live headphones. They are supposed to be Bluetooth and they can connect just fine to my phone and computer. However, while the device is recognized in both it only plays sound from my phone. The computer Windows 10 does not recognize it as an audio...
  10. Bluetooth audio won't play through home stereo receiver

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bluetooth audio won't play through home stereo receiver: This isn't networking per se, maybe it falls under sharing. For some reason my HP Spectre 2-in-1 recently quit sending audio to my audio receiver, even though it and the receiver both show it being paired and connected. I've tried unpairing and reconnecting, but audio still...