Windows 10: Cannot get data from usb attached ssd

Discus and support Cannot get data from usb attached ssd in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a laptop that kicked the bucket. It had a new 250GB WD Blue Nand Sata SSD M.2 2280. I am trying to access it via USB connection to a desktop. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by copiman, Jan 12, 2019.

1. copiman Win User

Cannot get data from usb attached ssd

I have a laptop that kicked the bucket. It had a new 250GB WD Blue Nand Sata SSD M.2 2280. I am trying to access it via USB connection to a desktop. I can see the drive in device manager and in disk management. I cannot see it in explorer. I attached a pick of disk management. The drive shows as not initialized. If I choose GPT, I get what you see in the attached pic. Not sure where to go from here. I just want to get the pics, docs from the drive. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

copiman, Jan 12, 2019
  2. Lazzer408 Win User

USB boot for bios update

Did the first step. It already doesn't work. Note the capacities and drive letters M:/N: The HP utility is about to format my raid-1 volume containing my 2 750gb drives. It thinks it's the usb stick. I can not select any other drives in the HP utility. My 512mb usb stick is U:.

Any other suggestions?

Cannot get data from usb attached ssd nonono-jpg.jpg

Lazzer408, Jan 12, 2019
  3. Lost data from hard drive, what to do now?

Well, I'm sorry to hear that it's a WD My Passport that failed on you, @tomhenry ! *Frown Cannot get data from usb attached ssd :(
    I'd recommend you to try using a different USB cable with it and see if that will help your system to detect it without it disconnecting.
    I'd also suggest you to go to Disk Management and see how the drive is listed there. It won't hurt to check up on the health and SMART status of the HDD by running the QUICK and EXTENDED tests from the WD's Data LifeGuard Diagnostics. Here's a link to the available software: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=11ZOpD

Give these troubleshooting steps a try and keep us posted with the results!
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Jan 12, 2019
  4. Cannot get data from usb attached ssd

email attachments

Hello Allan,

To attach a document file on an email, you can follow the step given below:

For Windows 10 Mobile:

• Launch to File Explorer app.
    • Press and hold the file that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select Outlook Mail on the suggested applications.

For Windows Phone 8.1:

• Download and install
      Files
      app.
    • Launch Files app.
    • Tap and hold the document that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select the Mail app on the suggested applications.

Feel free to post back if you have other queries.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

Cannot get data from usb attached ssd

1. Cannot get data from usb attached ssd - Similar Threads - Cannot data usb

2. Accessing document files from SSD hooked to a USB attachment?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accessing document files from SSD hooked to a USB attachment?: I've been using this SSD for some time now and I have over 300GB of important documents, videos, and photos I need access to but it will show me contents in any other folder. I've tried to every other way, even trying to boot from it even when it used to boot it wouldn't...
  3. Accessing document files from SSD hooked to a USB attachment?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accessing document files from SSD hooked to a USB attachment?: I've been using this SSD for some time now and I have over 300GB of important documents, videos, and photos I need access to but it will show me contents in any other folder. I've tried to every other way, even trying to boot from it even when it used to boot it wouldn't...
  4. Recovering data from an SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovering data from an SSD: I'm making a desperate and maybe senseless move to recover data from my SSD because of my mistake I only want to recover some small files from the documents in my old OS the history of my SSD is that I full formatted it twice because first I removed my old OS and second I...
  5. Recovering data from an SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovering data from an SSD: I'm making a desperate and maybe senseless move to recover data from my SSD because of my mistake I only want to recover some small files from the documents in my old OS the history of my SSD is that I full formatted it twice because first I removed my old OS and second I...
  6. Recovering data from an SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Data Migration from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Data Migration from HDD to SSD: I recently bought a Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVME M.2 SSD to speed up my computer from the Seagate HDD I had been using. I am trying to move everything off of the HDD and onto the SSD. So, I have tried to use the Samsung Data Migration Software multiple times with each time it...
  8. Data recovery from USB

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Data recovery from USB: Hello, Recently I decided to reinstall Windows and used USB flash drive for it. I downloaded Media Creation Tool but used the wrong USB and now its data is gone. I tried some apps to recover but they didn't help. How can I recover my data? Thanks in advance submitted by...
  9. Move data from ssd to hdd?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Move data from ssd to hdd?: I built my pc yesterday, installed everything and my 250gb ssd is already full. How can I move my files from the ssd to the hdd? Thanks a lot! Daten von ssd auf hdd verschieben?
  10. Using an SSD as a USB Data Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Using an SSD as a USB Data Drive: I have an "old" SSD (250 GB Samsung 840 EVO) available to use as a USB 3 data drive for some not-too volatile data - a Lightroom data catalog that benefits from being fast to read and write. I formatted it and put a 220 GB NTFS partition on it - leaving about 16 GB...