Windows 10: Cannot get Display Color Calibration to work

Discus and support Cannot get Display Color Calibration to work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; No matter what i try i can't get Color Calibration to work. I've tried SFC and checking "Use windows Display Calibration" But nothing works.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by chloedv, Sep 22, 2022.

1. chloedv Win User

Cannot get Display Color Calibration to work

No matter what i try i can't get Color Calibration to work. I've tried SFC and checking "Use windows Display Calibration" But nothing works.

:)

chloedv, Sep 22, 2022
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

Display Color Calibration

We appreciate the detailed information. You can try uninstalling the driver in Device Manager and reboot the device. After the restart the system will automatically install the driver, then you can try to

calibrate the display
    again.

If you don't want to uninstall the driver, we suggest that you try the below steps:

• Go to Color Management using Search or Cortana.
    • Click on Advanced tab.
    • Select Change system defaults.
    • On the new window, click on the “Advanced” tab on the upper side of the window.
    • Now you will need to check the box next to “Use Windows default calibration”.
    • Left click or tap on the “Close” button.
    • Left click on the “Devices” tab you have on the upper side of the window.
    • Select the “Set as default profile”.
    • Reboot the device and see if your calibrate screen feature is okay now.

Let us know how it goes.

Jelo Sen, Sep 22, 2022
  3. arenrey Win User
    Color calibration not working - wacky display

Hi Fatima,

This took a while to do, what with 50 reboots. This is what happened:

tl;dr: nothing worked

Step 1: system says I already have the latest updates

Step 2:

Method 1 (safe mode) - I have the same issues as the person in the thread, I get "An error occurred while Display Color Calibration was preparing to calibrate the selected display. Unspecified error" and am unable to proceed with calibration, as well as open any files or use Windows search. The display remains the same.

Method 2 (enable calibration) - I am unable to check the box. I see only "Calibrate display" with the administrator badge, and the "use windows display calibration" box is grayed out, as well as "reload calibrations".

Method 3 (uninstall) - no change

What now?

arenrey, Sep 22, 2022
  4. Fatima_J Win User

Color calibration not working - wacky display

Hi arenrey ,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community Forum.

I hope you're doing well today.

I truly understand that you are having an issue with the display that color calibrations is not working . Let's work on this together for us to fix the issue.

Here are the steps that could possibly fix the issue.

Step 1: Update the graphics driver

• Right click start then click Device Manager
    • Locate Display adapter then Double-click on the entry for your graphics card and switch to the Driver tab. Click on Update Driver
    • Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
    Step 2: You may try the steps shared from the link below.
    Windows 10 Display/Screen colour calibration problem - Microsoft Community

We look forward to your response. If you have other clarifications about this matter, you can get back to us by replying to this post.

Sincerely,

Fatima

Microsoft Community

Fatima_J, Sep 22, 2022
Thema:

1. Cannot get Display Color Calibration to work - Similar Threads - Cannot Display Color

2. Cannot get Display Color Calibration to work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot get Display Color Calibration to work: No matter what i try i can't get Color Calibration to work. I've tried SFC and checking "Use windows Display Calibration" But nothing works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-get-display-color-calibration-to-work/bb996a57-9159-4bc5-a977-edc0527fb693
  3. Cannot get Display Color Calibration to work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot get Display Color Calibration to work: No matter what i try i can't get Color Calibration to work. I've tried SFC and checking "Use windows Display Calibration" But nothing works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-get-display-color-calibration-to-work/bb996a57-9159-4bc5-a977-edc0527fb693
  4. Color calibration not working - wacky display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Color calibration not working - wacky display: Hi everyone,I'm one very confused not quite knowledgeable person, so I'll try my best to explain my wacky situation.I've noticed my laptop monitor isn't displaying colors as other devices - I do photo and video editing not professionally, and imagine my surprise when I think...
  5. Color calibration not working - wacky display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Color calibration not working - wacky display: Hi everyone,I'm one very confused not quite knowledgeable person, so I'll try my best to explain my wacky situation.I've noticed my laptop monitor isn't displaying colors as other devices - I do photo and video editing not professionally, and imagine my surprise when I think...
  6. DIsplay Color Calibration revert

in Windows 10 Customization
    DIsplay Color Calibration revert: I used the Display Color Calibration and i was just playing around with it, now my screen looks really bad and was wondering if I'm able to revert the things it did to my Display. Anything helps!...
  7. Issues with Display Color Calibration settings, after calibrating the color accuracy of my...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues with Display Color Calibration settings, after calibrating the color accuracy of my...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/XxBryanO [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i1pgth/issues_with_display_color_calibration_settings/
  8. calibrate display color

calibrate display color: How to calibrate display color in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calibrate-display-color/ab4374c3-dfe7-48f3-977f-a46baf4d6f07
  9. Calibrate display color

Calibrate display color: in the Calibrate display color , before that there was the option to set the gamma, but now the option is gone, including the gamma option on the nvidia control panel, it makes the Nvidia control panel Crash, I try to contact Nvidia but there is no option to send email, I...
  10. Calibrate Display Color in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Calibrate Display Color in Windows 10: How to: Calibrate Display Color in Windows 10 How to Calibrate Display Color in Windows 10 Windows comes with the Display Color Calibration wizard tool. You can improve the color on your display by using Display Color Calibration to make sure that colors appear...