Windows 10: Cannot get display to show all items (I've updated drivers, changed to every possible...

Discus and support Cannot get display to show all items (I've updated drivers, changed to every possible... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; HELP, My HP Envy 750-524 compute (Driver Graphics 1803) suddenly changed such that my monitor (Dynex DX-32L200NA14) no longer shows all of the items.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GregGipp, Jul 31, 2018.

1. GregGipp Win User

Cannot get display to show all items (I've updated drivers, changed to every possible...

HELP,

My HP Envy 750-524 compute (Driver Graphics 1803) suddenly changed such that my monitor (Dynex DX-32L200NA14) no longer shows all of the items. This is true on Home Screen and all apps. This has happened to me many times before, usually after a software update, but it's been awhile since the last time and I can't remember what I did to solve it the last time. I've checked to make sure my monitor and HDMI cable are OK (connected my HP laptop. It has the exact same generic driver and settings as my HP Desktop - 1366 x 768 and generic PnP driver from Microsoft 2006) but it works perfectly, so I know it's my desktop. Two users were kind enough to walk me through downloading the latest HP drivers last night but it didn't work. I'm at my wits end, especially since I cannot use any of my music production software because all of the controls are "off the screen" now, so my $800 computer is costing me to lose my $2,000 worth of software.

I would greatly appreciate any help any of you can give. I have tried rebooting the computer, resetting the display. I did not have any restore points set up for my desktop so I couldn't try that. Next step is to completely reset the computer but I hate the thought of spending 8 to 10 hours re-downloading all of my software. HELP!

:)

GregGipp, Jul 31, 2018

2. Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Jul 31, 2018
  3. Recently used items does not show after a recent Windows update

I received an automatic update to Windows 10 on 4/3/2016. Now, Windows 10 will not display recently used items no matter what I do.

I took the following steps to correct the problem:

1. Right click on desktop.

2. Select Personalization.

3. Select Start.

4. Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar is already turned on, but items do not appear on Start or the taskbar.

What is happening?

Also, Start no longer displays anything. There is no listing of applications.

Original title: Windows 10 update has set recently used items so they do not display

TimothyGranger, Jul 31, 2018
  4. Cannot get display to show all items (I've updated drivers, changed to every possible...

Display driver not responding

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

In order to understand the issue more clearly, I would request you to provide me with the following information.
    1.Did you make any hardware and software changes in the system?

There is a possibility that the issue might have occurred due to hardware or software corruption or due to system files that have gone corrupt in the system.

I would suggest you to try following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Run inbuilt performance & maintenance troubleshooter and check if it works. Please follow the steps given below.
    1.click on start button.

2.Type Troubleshooting and click Troubleshooting.

3.Now click on view all option.

4.Click on System maintenance and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue still persists, please follow method 2

Method 2:

Step 1: Update the Display driver.

Please follow the steps given below to update the display driver.

a. Press Windows key + X when you are at desktop.

b. Select Device Manager.

c. Expand Display adapters.

d. Right-click the display driver and click Update Driver Software.

e. Select Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.

Step 2: Check if there are any updates for display drivers available in Optional Updates; this might fix the issue. Refer to the following steps.

a. At the Start screen, type Windows Update.

b. Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional updates from the left results.

c. When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.

Step 3: If the issue persists, I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Display drivers. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the display driver.

a. Press Windows key + X when you are at desktop.

b. Select Device Manager.

c. Expand Display adapters.

d. Right-click the display card driver and click Uninstall.

e. Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click OK to remove the driver.

f. After the un-installation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible.

Computer will load the generic display drivers. Now, please go to the manufacturer’s website, download and install the compatible display card drivers for your computer and check.

Also see: Download and install drivers

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows-8/all-drivers

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

Cannot get display to show all items (I've updated drivers, changed to every possible...

1. Cannot get display to show all items (I've updated drivers, changed to every possible... - Similar Threads - Cannot display show

2. Is it possible to change which display is which?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it possible to change which display is which?: Basically, I have a laptop and a monitor that I use. The laptop is coming up as screen one and the monitor screen two. Is there any way I can change it so the monitor is screen one and the laptop is screen two? My monitor is the screen I use the most so would make my life...
  3. folder keeps changing to read only and i've tried every fix possible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    folder keeps changing to read only and i've tried every fix possible: title pretty much explains the whole thing so i cant save my game or create a new save because the save folder keeps reverting to read only and i cant do nothing about it because nothing worksidk if y'all need specs but imma include em anywayCPU: Intel i7-12700kRAM: 32 GB...
  4. folder keeps changing to read only and i've tried every fix possible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    folder keeps changing to read only and i've tried every fix possible: title pretty much explains the whole thing so i cant save my game or create a new save because the save folder keeps reverting to read only and i cant do nothing about it because nothing worksidk if y'all need specs but imma include em anywayCPU: Intel i7-12700kRAM: 32 GB...
  5. folder keeps changing to read only and i've tried every fix possible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Show taskbar labels for ALL items?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Show taskbar labels for ALL items?: Hi! I want to show taskbar labels for everything - even if it's not open. I know how to do it for open applications, but it kinda defeats the point for me as the constant shifting of thing will ruin any possible muscle memory. Basically reason is - have a wide monitor now,...
  7. Is it possible to show recent items as a list in start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to show recent items as a list in start menu?: The same way recently added items are shown (or any other way that isnt just a shortcut)? I have the same question for the left pane in file explorer. Is it possible to show a list like quick acess with only recent items? I know quick access can show them too. Im just...
  8. Cannot get Background display to work as a slide show.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot get Background display to work as a slide show.: I have tried to set the Background Display to point to a folder that contains JPG photos to use as wallpaper. However, the laptop will not save the setting where I select SLIDESHOW even though the my WALLPAPER folder is still showing. It seems like the only option that...
  9. Nvidia Display drivers updated for W10 DP (possibly)

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia Display drivers updated for W10 DP (possibly): I installed Windows 10 DP when it was released and got an error when trying to install the Windows 8.1 drivers from Nvidia's site, with the message "Nvidia installer cannot continue". Today I reinstalled Windows 10 DP again and downloaded the drivers, and success, installed...
  10. display Settings as for Win7 small icons - show all items

in Windows 10 Support
    display Settings as for Win7 small icons - show all items: I find it annoying each time I use Settings to then do a search in order to find what I want. The existing icons aren't explicit it what it contains. EG as the first icon includes Apps I used it for ""uninstall but it isn't there. it's in some other icon. So I have to return...