Windows 10: cannot get dvd to play when inserted.can hear it start,but then nothing happens

Discus and support cannot get dvd to play when inserted.can hear it start,but then nothing happens in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Cannot get dvd to play, but hear it start ,then stops and nothing happens I defraced my laptop,because it was running slow and it didn't work after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PaulMcNamara2, Oct 22, 2018.

1. cannot get dvd to play when inserted.can hear it start,but then nothing happens

Cannot get dvd to play, but hear it start ,then stops and nothing happens

I defraced my laptop,because it was running slow and it didn't work after that I have since done a recovery on my laptop to try if it would make any difference,but just the same.

:)

PaulMcNamara2, Oct 22, 2018

2. Playing dvds

Hi Dan,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Is it happening on all the DVDs that you are trying to play on the Media Player?
    • Have you tried playing the DVDs on other computers? If so, are you getting the same error?
    • When did you start encountering the issue?
    • What specific troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    Meanwhile, to help resolve your concern, we suggest that you run the Windows Media Player troubleshooter. To do this. follow the steps below:

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshooting and hit
      Enter.
    • On the left pane, choose View all.
    • Run the Windows Media Player DVD, Windows Media Player Library, and
      Windows Media Player Settings.

cannot get dvd to play when inserted.can hear it start,but then nothing happens d40dab60-b76b-4f48-962b-c93b0dece089.png
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Oct 22, 2018
  3. DVD's Not Playing

Howdy;

I upgraded to Win 10 back in July but have never tried to play a DVD until today.

When I insert a DVD: Windows DVD player fires up and asks me to insert a dvd and then, after a few seconds, closes down.

I have tried to fire up Windows DVD player first and then insert the DVD into the drive, but the same thing happens.

I figure the system "sees" the drive as it appears in the device manager list and I can play CD's but not the DVD.

Need some help here.

Thanks - Mark

MarkStanford1949, Oct 22, 2018
  4. KKMISHRA Win User

cannot get dvd to play when inserted.can hear it start,but then nothing happens

dvd player is asking for insert disk while disk is already inserted

I upgraded to Win 10 back in July but have never tried to play a DVD until today.

When I insert a DVD: Windows DVD player fires up and asks me to insert a dvd and then, after a few seconds, closes down.

I have tried to fire up Windows DVD player first and then insert the DVD into the drive, but the same thing happens.

I figure the system "sees" the drive as it appears in the device manager list and I can play CD's but not the DVD.

KKMISHRA, Oct 22, 2018
Thema:

cannot get dvd to play when inserted.can hear it start,but then nothing happens

1. cannot get dvd to play when inserted.can hear it start,but then nothing happens - Similar Threads - cannot dvd play

2. Headphones detected and say they are playing audio but I hear nothing. This only happens...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones detected and say they are playing audio but I hear nothing. This only happens...: My headphones are both Bluetooth and wired, so the cord can be detached both from the headset and from the normal plugin port. When my headphones are plugged into the computer, and working fine, if I accidentally disconnect the cord from the headset itself, and immediately...
  3. Headphones detected and say they are playing audio but I hear nothing. This only happens...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones detected and say they are playing audio but I hear nothing. This only happens...: My headphones are both Bluetooth and wired, so the cord can be detached both from the headset and from the normal plugin port. When my headphones are plugged into the computer, and working fine, if I accidentally disconnect the cord from the headset itself, and immediately...
  4. Headphones detected and say they are playing audio but I hear nothing. This only happens...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Have a CD-DVD on this PC that when inserted, blinks and nothing

Have a CD-DVD on this PC that when inserted, blinks and nothing: I have a Windows 10 PCHP Compaq Desktop newly refurbished from AmazonAll updates presentI've never used the CD Rom drive. I put in a program CD and the green light blinks. It never goes beyond that. I never get a pop up for what to do with the CD.I have tired numerous...
  6. Cannot play DVD

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot play DVD: I have not tried to play a DVD in ages. First I tried my VLC instance. That sunk. Same for Windows Media. What seemed like solutions turned out to be hawking for other app. I uninstalled them. Vexing. I finally got a player to work. MPC-BE Media Player Classic - BE I took it...
  7. Have microsoft dvd player downloaded but when I insert DVD does not play.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Have microsoft dvd player downloaded but when I insert DVD does not play.: Bought Microsoft DVD player downloaded but will not play my DVD home movies. Says something about finding or wrong 'D' Path? But does play one that I insert that was copied from USB to DVD okay?...
  8. I have an installed DVD player in Win 10. Nothing happens when I insert a DVD

I have an installed DVD player in Win 10. Nothing happens when I insert a DVD: Have DVD player on Win 10. Nothing happens when a DVD is inserted. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-an-installed-dvd-player-in-win-10-nothing/9d983b2f-adf3-4206-b69e-973feddb820a
  9. Cannot hear nothing, and cannot do restores

Cannot hear nothing, and cannot do restores: So today I got 3 BSOD's about memory management, but thats not important. The third one tho, was very bad to me. After I restarted my pc, I've seen red x next to volume. I didn't care, coz it happened frequently, and I just had to start an audio file or yt video and it was...
  10. Auto play on inserting a dvd or cd

Auto play on inserting a dvd or cd: Good evening to all. I decided to make an image of my C drive on my windows ten spare laptop,Using the free Macrium Reflect software. followed all the info on how to proceed with the software,It all went well I burnt the recovery disc as directed. Now this is where...