Windows 10: Cannot get Fingerprint driver to start on latest version of Windows 10 on an Eve V

Discus and support Cannot get Fingerprint driver to start on latest version of Windows 10 on an Eve V in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Either the most recent (or the one before) major update of Windows my Fingerprint sensor has stopped working. The driver itself appears to not have... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JohnSharp1975, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Cannot get Fingerprint driver to start on latest version of Windows 10 on an Eve V

Either the most recent (or the one before) major update of Windows my Fingerprint sensor has stopped working.

The driver itself appears to not have changed, other than Windows itself, I don't think anything else has changed but I'm having reports in the Event Viewer that after 10 attempts the driver has been terminated.

I'm not sure what to do next. According to the Eve support website I'm not the only one with this issue.

Any help greatly appreciated.

:)

JohnSharp1975, Sep 14, 2019

2. fingerprint sign in isnt working or letting me set up

Hello Samantha,

Driver incompatibility is one of the possible reasons why fingerprint sign-in isn't working on your computer. For us to further isolate and assist you better with this, kindly follow the steps below:

Step 1: Roll back drivers / use default drivers

• Open Device Manager by right-clicking the Start button and choosing Device Manager from the list.
    • Locate your fingerprint driver and double click it to open its properties.
    • Click the Roll Back Driver button.
    This will install the previously installed driver instead of the one you’re currently using.

To go back to the default drivers do the following:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Find your fingerprint scanner driver.
    • Right-click it and choose Uninstall device.
    • Check Delete the driver software for this device and click
      Uninstall

Step 2: Update your drivers

It's often better to use the latest driver optimized for Windows 10, so make sure that you visit your fingerprint scanner manufacturer and check for latest Windows 10 drivers.

We also suggest visiting the article below to know more details about it.

Update drivers in Windows 10

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Sep 14, 2019
  3. fingerprint swipe quit working.

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the fingerprint
    drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Fingerprint
    drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Fingerprint device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and Fingerprint
    drivers.

Method 3

If issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Fingerprint
    drivers in Compatibility mode and check if it works:

Follow the steps to uninstall the Fingerprint
    driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Fingerprint device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Now download the drivers the manufacturer website and install it in Windows 8.1 compatibility mode. Follow the steps provided below to install the drivers in compatibility mode:

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select Windows 8.1 operating system from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.
    Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Mann_Manohar, Sep 14, 2019
  4. Cannot get Fingerprint driver to start on latest version of Windows 10 on an Eve V

windows 10 doesn't recognized internal fingerprint reader

Hi,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you

I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to uninstall fingerprint reader software from the computer and reinstall it in compatibility mode and check. Follow the below steps

Step1: Uninstall fingerprint reader software.

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.

• Click on Control Panel

• Go to Programs and Features

• Right click your fingerprint reader software from the list and tap or click
        Uninstall.

• Reboot your machine

Step 2: If you have executable file of the corresponding driver, I suggest you to install the downloaded driver file in compatible mode. Follow the steps:

• Right click on the driver, and click on Properties.

• Go to the Compatibility tab.

• Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:

• Select the version of Windows in the list of Operating systems.

• Click OK.

• Double-click the driver file to install the driver and follow the onscreen instructions.

• Reboot your computer.

Also, refer:

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Applies to Windows 10 as well.

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Let us know if you have any further query on Windows we are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Sep 14, 2019
Thema:

Cannot get Fingerprint driver to start on latest version of Windows 10 on an Eve V

1. Cannot get Fingerprint driver to start on latest version of Windows 10 on an Eve V - Similar Threads - Cannot Fingerprint driver

2. How to get windows 10 updated to the latest version?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get windows 10 updated to the latest version?: I can't get windows 10 version 1909 build 18363.1171 to update to the latest version 22H2. The failure to update error is 80004005. One recurring problem seems to be a letter assignment to the hidden windows recovery partition 450 MB on the hard drive. I deleted the letter...
  3. How to get windows 10 updated to the latest version?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to get windows 10 updated to the latest version?: I can't get windows 10 version 1909 build 18363.1171 to update to the latest version 22H2. The failure to update error is 80004005. One recurring problem seems to be a letter assignment to the hidden windows recovery partition 450 MB on the hard drive. I deleted the letter...
  4. Fingerprint sensor driver cannot not start with Windows 11 Code 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint sensor driver cannot not start with Windows 11 Code 10: Hi, I do not know why my attached fingerprint sensor does not work, the driver seems to not start, despite being updated automatically and also manually with the latest version. I have added an external fingerprint since this one does not work. However, I am still looking for...
  5. Fingerprint sensor driver cannot not start with Windows 11 Code 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint sensor driver cannot not start with Windows 11 Code 10: Hi, I do not know why my attached fingerprint sensor does not work, the driver seems to not start, despite being updated automatically and also manually with the latest version. I have added an external fingerprint since this one does not work. However, I am still looking for...
  6. Cannot get Device drivers for windows 10 version 2004.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot get Device drivers for windows 10 version 2004.: Hello, Have the following problem support for windows 10 1909 ends soon the problem is that the makers of my Laptop do not have any drivers for windows 10 2004 and have been told that they are not going to, when I try to install the drivers for windows 10 1909 in windows 10...
  7. biometric driver shows code 10. cannot start. fingerprint doesnt support

biometric driver shows code 10. cannot start. fingerprint doesnt support: i went to device manager and did check it. it shows it has the latest version too. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/biometric-driver-shows-code-10-cannot-start/c4c81b4a-1e2f-49fa-af76-6a98ed1fe880
  8. Fingerprint scanner not working with latest drivers

Fingerprint scanner not working with latest drivers: I have an HP Envy 13 laptop and updated to the most recent version of Windows 10, and the drivers for my fingerprint scanner don't work. I needed to roll back to the previous version 6.0.22.1111 and that fixed the problem. I hope that Microsoft fixes the bug with their latest...
  9. latest driver version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    latest driver version: what is the latest driver version from the ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-driver-version/27d7df0c-60a6-430a-a908-8b09b42bd58c
  10. At Version 1511, How to pass up Infinite Updates & Get Latest V?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    At Version 1511, How to pass up Infinite Updates & Get Latest V?: Just got internet service (for the poor) on laptop I've had 2 years. My version is 1511, so Windows Update is inundating me with endless updates - still at 1511! Not only is my internet slow, but I'm only allowed up to 150G a month. Please tell me how to STOP the updates &...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. eve Windows fingerprint reader stopped working