Windows 10: Cannot get Firefox as my default browser

Discus and support Cannot get Firefox as my default browser in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to set Firefox as my default browser. When I click on default apps in settings, nothing happens. When I click on make Firefox my default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PamellaBriggs, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Cannot get Firefox as my default browser

I am trying to set Firefox as my default browser. When I click on default apps in settings, nothing happens. When I click on make Firefox my default browser when starting Firefox, settings opens, but that's all it does. I can access settings through start, but like I said, when I click on default apps, it doesn't open. I am getting beyond frustrated. Can anyone give me any tips? I forgot to mention that if I try and download anything, it freezes my computer and it quits responding.

:)

PamellaBriggs, Jul 17, 2018

2. Cant set FireFox as my default browser

1. Re-do the steps (default programs) and set Firefox as the default.

2. Double-click a URL file to test if the default browser is correctly set.

3. If in Step 2 you find the default browser is correctly set, then configure Firefox
    not to do the default browser check during startup, if such an option is available.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Jul 17, 2018
  3. How do I make Firefox my default browser on a Windows 10 laptop

Step 5 is incorrect; when I go to choose an app, the only choices are Edge, IE, or Chrome; Firefox is not listed.

BruceEmory, Jul 17, 2018
  4. Cannot get Firefox as my default browser

Firefox not showing as default browser?

HI Zane, sorry you’re having these troubles.

Here are the steps I would take:

Let’s run through some items to try to fix Edge.

Reset Edge. Click start - settings - apps - find Edge on the list. Click on it, and then advanced, terminate, then hit reset. Make sure it’s strong hold on anything is gone.

Now, uninstall Firefox, reboot, reinstall.

See if you can now assign Firefox as your default browser.

Good luck, and let me know!

- C

Charlie Klausen, Jul 17, 2018
Thema:

Cannot get Firefox as my default browser

1. Cannot get Firefox as my default browser - Similar Threads - Cannot Firefox default

2. How to set Firefox as the default browser?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to set Firefox as the default browser?: I noticed Firefox is no longer listed as a choice for my default browser. I'm old school. I know. [ATTACH] Anyone know of a workaround? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-firefox-as-the-default-browser/f073b2eb-2699-49a4-90a8-ccf381b41cb0
  3. downloading firefox for default browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    downloading firefox for default browser: I just got this laptop literally an hour ago. I want to install firefox as my default browser. it says I can't do it because I am in "s" mode and need to get an app from the Microsoft store. I can't find the app. I don't want internet explorer as my browser. can someone...
  4. Can't make FireFox default browser?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't make FireFox default browser?: Every time I start FireFox I'm presented with a dialog asking if I want to make it my default browser. Yes I do!! I am brought to the screen which lets me choose a browser, but FireFox isn't among the choices. I choose to search for another browser and I'm brought to the...
  5. a problem with firefox been the default browser

in Browsers and Email
    a problem with firefox been the default browser: This is on my Dell laptop OS Win 10 Home 64bit. Every time I start Firefox, Firefox asks if "I want Firefox to be the default browser", see the 1st screen capture attachment bellow. I click yes and the default app window opens up. See the 2nd screen capture attachment bellow....
  6. a problem with firefox been the default browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    a problem with firefox been the default browser: This is on my Dell laptop OS Win 10 Home 64bit. Every time I start Firefox, Firefox asks if "I want Firefox to be the default browser", see the 1st screen capture attachment bellow. I click yes and the default app window opens up. See the 2nd screen capture attachment bellow....
  7. Firefox not showing as default browser?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Firefox not showing as default browser?: So....I have tried everything (trust me I really have) and I've searched through numerous forums. This issue is just appallingly bad, and it seems to me that it is a deliberate attempt to force me to use browsers that Microsoft wants me to use...rather than what I CHOOSE....
  8. I want Firefox as default browser

in Browsers and Email
    I want Firefox as default browser: I have tried many things and looked for tutorial but I'm still lost. I keep telling Firefox to be my default browser and it doesn't keep the settings. I keep going back to I.E. I go into Firefox and select use as my default browser and that doesn't work. I'm using...
  9. Cannot make Firefox my default browser in Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot make Firefox my default browser in Windows 10: I would not normally come whining and crying to you folks but I am not able to solve this one myself. This is a new install of Windows 10- done yesterday and Firefox was installed today. Using Firefox or Default apps in Windows 10, I cannot make Firefox the default...
  10. Can Not Set Firefox as Default Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Can Not Set Firefox as Default Browser: I've been able to set Firefox as my default browser before, but recently after reinstalling FireFox, Wi10 is simply not allowing me to set a default browser at all (other than default - Edge). wMeEdfGBsTk 51099