Windows 10: Cannot get folder permissions...

Discus and support Cannot get folder permissions... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Thank you all for your suggestions. But Xilink's method solved it for me. Thanks a lot! I was just curious, if there had been a way to "regularly"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Linus, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Xilnik Win User

Cannot get folder permissions...

Glad that helped! I've always found the Windows Permission setup to be a bit of a hassle. I've found ways around it in the past using tools like icacls and takeownership, but it's rarely as easy as booting into the Windows Recovery environment (or advanced startup) and running commands from the command prompt.

The Windows Permissions layer is meant to be a pain, though. It's there to add a layer of protection against malware and unwanted intrusion on our accounts. It's not foolproof in doing so, but it does make it more challenging for malicious items entering our systems.

Xilnik, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Cannot get folder permissions...

1. Cannot get folder permissions... - Similar Threads - Cannot folder permissions

2. How do I get permission to a folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get permission to a folder?: I reseted my laptop and now this drive that I used more has backed up or something and I can't acces it, what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-permission-to-a-folder/3fc13414-6e39-4a7e-8c33-acbf8cb79420
  3. How do I get permission to a folder?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I get permission to a folder?: I reseted my laptop and now this drive that I used more has backed up or something and I can't acces it, what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-permission-to-a-folder/3fc13414-6e39-4a7e-8c33-acbf8cb79420
  4. Cannot open folder, permission denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot open folder, permission denied: Hey all. I have a very annoying issue I've run into for different folders. When trying to read reports/log dumps in ProgramData, I get "You don't currently have permission to access this folder." I click continue to gain access, and then another popup says "You have been...
  5. Cannot open folder, permission denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open folder, permission denied: Hey all. I have a very annoying issue I've run into for different folders. When trying to read reports/log dumps in ProgramData, I get "You don't currently have permission to access this folder." I click continue to gain access, and then another popup says "You have been...
  6. Permissions: Cannot delete meaningless folder tree

in Windows 10 Support
    Permissions: Cannot delete meaningless folder tree: Greetings! Running Win 10. I am cleaning up from an old changeover to my present hardware. At the root of a non-system drive, I have a folder called "Program Files". This folder contains one folder called "ModifiableWindowsApps", which in turn contains nothing at all. I have...
  7. cannot delete an appdata folder due to permission

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    cannot delete an appdata folder due to permission: i have full control and permissions. when it asks me i tell it to go ahead. at the end it says i can't delete it without permission. literally have full permission on every single account. what in the fuck. under user i'm already set to administrator. submitted by...
  8. Cannot get permission from myself

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot get permission from myself: Just another piece of evidence that the so-called administrator's status is a fake. I am required to get a permission from myself to change properties of a file and cannot receive it, at least Big Bro thinks so. At least he has stopped his ''access denied'' announcements...
  9. I can't get permissions for the WindowsApps folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't get permissions for the WindowsApps folder: I know this question has been asked many times, but, even by following every instruction I could find, I couldn't manage to solve the problem. I already tried to set my (administrator) account as owner in WindowsApps Properties > Security > Advanced, and now I'm able to...
  10. Get permission to delete folders

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Get permission to delete folders: Way too often, i come across a massage that says you need permission to perform this action if i try to delete a useless folder or a file on my computer. Any way to fix this? 124500