Windows 10: Cannot Get GPO Policies Adopted By User

Discus and support Cannot Get GPO Policies Adopted By User in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm trying to learn a few things about Windows Server and Active Directory. I've fiddled with this in the past and had pretty good luck with deploying... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by C--Z, Jun 13, 2020.

1. C--Z Win User

Cannot Get GPO Policies Adopted By User

I'm trying to learn a few things about Windows Server and Active Directory. I've fiddled with this in the past and had pretty good luck with deploying policies, etc. I've set up an instance of Windows Server 2016 Standard and a Windows 10 Pro workstation.

I set up a GPO named RDPTestPolicyGroup.

I created a user called "ad user." This user is part of the group RDPTestPolicyGroup. I can see this under AD User Properties > Member Of.

In AD Users and Computers I see RDPTestPolicyGroup and for Members I see Ad User. The Group scope for this is "Global" while the Group type is "Security."

When looking at Group Policy Management, I can see under Forest:RDPTest.local\Domains\RDPTest.local\Group Policy Objects\RDPTestPolicy\Security Filtering I have "Authenticated Users" and "RDPTestPolicyGroup." Under Delegation I see that RDPTestPolicyGroup is set to "Read" under Allowed Permissions and "Inherited" is set to "no."

When on the workstation, which is joined to the domain, and logged in as ADUser, when I run:

GPResult /Scope User /v

Under "The user is part of the following security groups" I can see that the user is part of the RDPTestPolicyGroup but none of the policies that this group should be enforcing on the workstation are in effect. The policies that I set are "Enable Screen Saver = Enabled" and "Screen saver timeout = Enabled @ 60 seconds.

I've run GPUpdate /force

I've rebooted and let the PC sit there for a few hours to see if the policy would take; it does not.

So I don't think I've properly linked the GPO to the group. I'm not sure what is missing.

HELP!

:)

2. jflanagan Win User

GPOs linked to user OUs not appearing in Results Wizard

Hello, I'm noticing an issue in my domain where GPOs linked to user OUs are not being applied and not even appearing in the Group Policy Results Wizard report (neither under Applied GPO's nor Denied GPO's, like they don't exist at all).

A few clues:

• I did recently release June Windows updates including MS16-072. However, I was aware of the security processing change and all the related GPO's already had "Authenticated Users" with Read and Apply permission. I added "Domain Computers" to one GPO as a
      test but no luck.
    • So far, issue is appearing on Windows 10 computers only. Computers are correctly processing GPO's linked to the computer's OU/hierarchy. A GPO containing loopback-processed user settings does appear under the user settings in the Results wizard, but that
      GPO is linked to a "computers" OU.
    • If I link a "user" GPO to a "computers" OU, it appears in the Results Wizard under user settings. However, this is a drastic change in behavior and will interfere with desired outcomes such as a user having drives mapped to their department's files regardless
      of which computer they use.

Please advise, do I need to adjust some setting in Windows 10 to restore processing of GPO's linked to user OU's?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

jflanagan, Jun 13, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Who broke my user GPOs?

Source: Who broke my user GPOs? | Ask Premier Field Engineering (PFE) Platforms

Brink, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Cannot Get GPO Policies Adopted By User

Delete user profile after x days GPO for Win10

Computer Configuration -> Policies -> Administrative Templates -> System -> User Profiles

• "Delete user profiles older than a specified number of days on system restart"
    This GPO is supposed to delete any user profile older than x amount of days but fails to do so because my antivirus will run a scan on the profile and update the "last modified" property. Apparently there's a KB(983544) that fixes this issue in Windows
    7 but it's not compatible with Windows 10. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Harvard James III, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

Cannot Get GPO Policies Adopted By User

1. Cannot Get GPO Policies Adopted By User - Similar Threads - Cannot GPO Policies

2. Errors while reading policies from this GPO, not all policies are displayed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Errors while reading policies from this GPO, not all policies are displayed: Hello,I am working on implementing an automatic Quality of Service QoS policy creator using the "New-NetQosPolicy" PowerShell command. I have a C++ script that executes this command to limit the bandwidth for specific applications, such as Firefox.Here is the command I'm...
  3. Errors while reading policies from this GPO, not all policies are displayed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Errors while reading policies from this GPO, not all policies are displayed: Hello,I am working on implementing an automatic Quality of Service QoS policy creator using the "New-NetQosPolicy" PowerShell command. I have a C++ script that executes this command to limit the bandwidth for specific applications, such as Firefox.Here is the command I'm...
  4. Errors while reading policies from this GPO, not all policies are displayed

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. user config GPO linked to computer OU but not apply to all computer altough they get the policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    user config GPO linked to computer OU but not apply to all computer altough they get the policy: Hi , We have a user config GPO for locking the computer after a specific time, linked to the 4 computer OUs. But it randomly works. Some computers get locked after, and some do not, although they got the GPO.Thanks in advance for your support...
  6. user config GPO linked to computer OU but not apply to all computer altough they get the policy

user config GPO linked to computer OU but not apply to all computer altough they get the policy: Hi , We have a user config GPO for locking the computer after a specific time, linked to the 4 computer OUs. But it randomly works. Some computers get locked after, and some do not, although they got the GPO.Thanks in advance for your support...
  7. Active Directory Group Policy Objects GPO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Active Directory Group Policy Objects GPO: Hi All,I am reaching out to seek assistance with enabling and configuring 802.1x on client machines within our network.Due to the unique nature of the grouping, we have encountered challenges in utilizing Active Directory Group Policy Objects GPO for this purpose. As a...
  8. Active Directory Group Policy Objects GPO

Active Directory Group Policy Objects GPO: Hi All,I am reaching out to seek assistance with enabling and configuring 802.1x on client machines within our network.Due to the unique nature of the grouping, we have encountered challenges in utilizing Active Directory Group Policy Objects GPO for this purpose. As a...
  9. Microsoft edge - default settings users can override GPO policy is not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft edge - default settings users can override GPO policy is not working: Hello Everyone,I am using edge ADMX policy template to configure startup page to my company site. This is working in mandatory policy but not working in recommended user can over ride Not sure what i am missing here. Please guide me to right steps to achieve this...
  10. Screwed up with GPO, now it cannot apply the "AppV" & "UEV" Policy.

in Windows 10 Support
    Screwed up with GPO, now it cannot apply the "AppV" & "UEV" Policy.: Long story short, I upgraded from Window 10 HOME to Window 10 PRO via Settings -> Update & security -> Activation -> change product key. And all went fine. Since it is now new to me I've been checking out the Group Policy Editor and I noticed two new things that were not...