Windows 10: cannot get into my desktop. passwords wiped out as well as security questions

Discus and support cannot get into my desktop. passwords wiped out as well as security questions in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, Don't know what's going on but I have 2 computers that I cannot get into. It looks like I have to clean install windows 10, but I don't know... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by chileno74, May 10, 2019.

1. chileno74 Win User

cannot get into my desktop. passwords wiped out as well as security questions

Hello, Don't know what's going on but I have 2 computers that I cannot get into. It looks like I have to clean install windows 10, but I don't know how.

Please help.

Hernan.

:)

chileno74, May 10, 2019

2. Need a secure wipe on an HDD before selling, ideas?

Hello all. I have a 4TB IronWolf NAS drive that I am going to more than likely sell. However, before doing so I want to make sure that it is secure and everything is actually wiped and can't be recovered.

Is there a way to do this or is my best bet to just keep the drive or have it shredded? If I can securely wipe it, recommendations of programs to do the job?

Sorry for the possible dumb question, never wanted to a truly secure wipe before!

satindemon4u, May 10, 2019
  3. Darknova Win User
    Steam security question.

A VAC ban can be over-turned but it's very rare that it does happen. It's even in the TOS/Eula that it's entirely at Valve's discretion and they are under no obligation to do so.

However a lot of servers use a global ban-list that is separate to VAC which might be harder to overturn.

As to security, the only thing I can think of is to make sure your security question is totally illegible. Mine is a string of characters that mean nothing to me or anyone (I don't even know what it is).

Of course, make sure your password is as hard to get as possible, other than that I'm not sure if there are any other ways to secure it.

Check for key-loggers, viruses etc. every so often, you know, the usual stuff.

Darknova, May 10, 2019
  4. cannot get into my desktop. passwords wiped out as well as security questions

Windows 10 password security

Hi James,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I’ll certainly help you with this.

• What is the exact error message you get when you enter the password?
    • Did you reset the password again?

If you haven't, I suggest you to Reset your password
    and check.

While entering the password, I suggest you to enter the password from the On screen keyboard. To do so, follow these steps.

• On the Lock screen, click on the Ease of access button near the Power button.
    • Enable the Onscreen keyboard and enter the password.
    • Before hitting enter, click on the eye logo to confirm the password and hit
      enter.

Hope this helps you. Let us know if the issue persist. We'll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, May 10, 2019
Thema:

cannot get into my desktop. passwords wiped out as well as security questions

1. cannot get into my desktop. passwords wiped out as well as security questions - Similar Threads - cannot desktop passwords

2. One Drive Wiped out all of my data on my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Drive Wiped out all of my data on my desktop: Hi I recently deleted my One Drive content because I keep getting prompt on the nearly full storage in my Word when I am working all the time. So I delete the storage with the hope that it will not bother me again, and I also deleted them from the One Drive Recyle Bin to make...
  3. One Drive Wiped out all of my data on my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One Drive Wiped out all of my data on my desktop: Hi I recently deleted my One Drive content because I keep getting prompt on the nearly full storage in my Word when I am working all the time. So I delete the storage with the hope that it will not bother me again, and I also deleted them from the One Drive Recyle Bin to make...
  4. One Drive Wiped out all of my data on my desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Forgot password, no security questions and no recovery usb. How to get in?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Forgot password, no security questions and no recovery usb. How to get in?: Helping granddaughter. Initially Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 260 would not turn on. I removed battery and got it working using adapter. Next problem: she’s forgotten password. Looking for options on how to proceed....
  6. Locked out of a Windows Desktop Machine and dont remember security questions

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out of a Windows Desktop Machine and dont remember security questions: Hi, I have forgotten my windows PC machine password I do remember the pin # though. It is not allowing me to enter the pin. Just giving me the option to sign in through password. Which I don't remember. I want to reset it, but i can't rememer my 3 security questions. My...
  7. FORGOTTEN SECURITY QUESTIONS AND PASSWORD

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    FORGOTTEN SECURITY QUESTIONS AND PASSWORD: Last night I lost access to my laptop via my fingerprint scanner. No idea what happened. I have a Lenovo C740 Yoga laptop The only way I can now logon to my laptop is via a Password or PIN number. I do not know either of these. To reset my Password, I can answer 3...
  8. No password, no answers to the security questions

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    No password, no answers to the security questions: I have a stand-alone pc no internet access I am trying to give away. Booting brings up the windows 10 pretty picture. Press any key asks for a password under the user name Name. When my wife was using this computer, there was no such user. We tried dozens of passwords. We...
  9. Wipe out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wipe out: W10 forced PIN selection to open my laptop this morning 3/21/2020 after functioning okay Humm cannot reach page was still happening, of course. Blue screen with old lit Window image appears with tray icons verticle on screen instead if in tray. Serms old style?! ALL my...
  10. Profile gets wiped out

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Profile gets wiped out: Hello, I have seen this happen twice to two different users. They have laptops that they use to work remotely, which we have joined to our domain, but they log in with a local account. The laptops are Windows 10 version 1607 64-bit. What happens is that they are using...