Windows 10: Cannot get into old account

Discus and support Cannot get into old account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I created a new email account on my laptop and logged in it but I cannot get into my old account with lots of my email messages. I need it a lot, it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BrandyLujan, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Cannot get into old account

I created a new email account on my laptop and logged in it but I cannot get into my old account with lots of my email messages. I need it a lot, it is in hotmail. Help to regain access to my old account

:)

BrandyLujan, Jan 7, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jan 7, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Old Microsoft account issue.

Tom,

Thank you for your reply, appreciate the time taken by you in keeping us updated on the status of the issue.

Since the issue is still facing, you may try the below steps and check.

Step 1: Change your old account type from Microsoft account to Local account and then delete this old account by logging into some administrator account.

To switch to a Local Account follow these steps:

• Login to your old account.
    • Press “Windows key +X”.
    • Go to Settings
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • You will get an option “Switch to a Local account” right below your user account name.
    • Select “Switch to a local account” option.
    • Enter the required details.
    Step 2: Login to some other account which has administrator privilege and delete the old account.

• Click on Start and select
      Settings
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now select Family & other users.
    • Here you find your old account, just select and click on
      Remove.

Hope this helps. Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 7, 2019
  4. Cannot get into old account

Deleting an old workplace account

Hello - I'm trying to remove an old workplace account from my personal computer, but going round in circles.

In the list of accounts it's in the "Accounts used by other apps" section.

Any suggestions would be very welcome.

BrianParkinson1, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

Cannot get into old account

1. Cannot get into old account - Similar Threads - Cannot old account

2. Cannot access old account email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access old account email: Hello,I have a conundrum that I need solved, and the automated account recovery form does not allow any sort of contact with a human to explain and work through the situation. Here's my issue:I created a microsoft account a long time ago when I got my first alienware laptop....
  3. Cannot access old account email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot access old account email: Hello,I have a conundrum that I need solved, and the automated account recovery form does not allow any sort of contact with a human to explain and work through the situation. Here's my issue:I created a microsoft account a long time ago when I got my first alienware laptop....
  4. Cannot get into my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot get into my account: I'm trying to get a windows 11 machine working again after a power outage it was on sleep - but I get stuck at the Windows account log in, with no pin window a different w11 machine gave it to me without any problem. The phone number Microsoft has seems to be my old number...
  5. Cannot get into my account

Cannot get into my account: I'm trying to get a windows 11 machine working again after a power outage it was on sleep - but I get stuck at the Windows account log in, with no pin window a different w11 machine gave it to me without any problem. The phone number Microsoft has seems to be my old number...
  6. Cannot remove account from old computer

Cannot remove account from old computer: I am having trouble deleting my account from my old laptop.The laptop has been removed from my Microsoft profile/account.I've tried to follow the "account deletion" process but don't see the "Remove" option.The log in on the computer is flagged as a local adminsitrator, how...
  7. Cannot remove account from old computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot remove account from old computer: I am having trouble deleting my account from my old laptop.The laptop has been removed from my Microsoft profile/account.I've tried to follow the "account deletion" process but don't see the "Remove" option.The log in on the computer is flagged as a local adminsitrator, how...
  8. Cannot log into outlook due to old account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot log into outlook due to old account: When I purchased this pc, we linked the windows 10 license to his account. A year later, I took a job that required me to use Outlook for the first time and I think... linked to their windows licenses but for sure their outlook. I am no longer with that job. I am trying to...
  9. get rid of old outlook account

get rid of old outlook account: Hi, I had an outlook account with a group of professionals I no longer work with. I created a new account for our new group. Every time I log in I first get prompted to open the account I no longer have a password for and don't want to use anymore. How do I get rid of...
  10. Cannot get to my account

Cannot get to my account: I still cannot get to my account when trying to login from the Microsoft Homepage. Kennethyoung5 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-get-to-my-account/db217892-fec1-4bb8-9259-abf5a6ea9796"