Windows 10: Cannot get into windows after bios update.

Discus and support Cannot get into windows after bios update. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I did windows update that had a bios update. All was good till pc restarted. Tried to put in pin but pin was deleted due to new security feature. So... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DirtyDeeds, May 4, 2021.

1. Cannot get into windows after bios update.

So I did windows update that had a bios update. All was good till pc restarted. Tried to put in pin but pin was deleted due to new security feature. So To set up new pin I have to put in password for the live account I guess I set up when setting up pc for first time. It shows email ( which not one I've used anywhere else) but I must have set it up because it's associated with my old number ( old number ). So I cannot get into my pc now. I've tried submitting a request for reset through microsoft reset site and it's pointless. I have no info on the account because I literally only set it up to get through the first time set up on pc. And after them telling me 2 or 3 times that they do not have enough info to reset it it finally said I'd sent to many requests. So I've tried to contact support via phone which is impossible, cannot get a real person which is what I need so I can explain. I cannot do anything on my pc now, can't system restore, cannot command prompt, safe mode doesn't work either because no matter where I go it will still ask for that password to start whatever process I'm trying to start. This is ridiculous. I cannot get into anything to say what version it is, just updated it last night

:)

DirtyDeeds, May 4, 2021
  2. BAGZZlash Win User

MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, May 4, 2021
  3. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, May 4, 2021
  4. Cannot get into windows after bios update.

Should I update bios?

I would read the warranty before doing anything. If the manufacturer finds out you did something not on their approved list of steps,for example using a program they didn't list, or a bios, etc, they can treat your video card rma like you threw it against the wall , because if something goes wrong and you didn't follow their steps exactly ,it was damaged through human error and they're not likely going to be obligated to cover it warranty wise. I don't know for sure, I just advocate that you check first , and I also advocate that you verify that it's an actual update ,because very rarely do manufacturers release updates for gpu bios'. And they most certainly wont cover a GPU "update" if its a bios file written by some dude in the Ukraine, it has to be a set process, they have predetermined often.

jboydgolfer, May 4, 2021
Thema:

Cannot get into windows after bios update.

1. Cannot get into windows after bios update. - Similar Threads - Cannot bios update

2. Cannot Re-activate Windows After BIOS Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Re-activate Windows After BIOS Update: I recently had to replace the motherboard on my self-built system. I was reusing an OEM Key from an old laptop for this system, but after I replaced the board I figured it was a great time to purchase a new license. And so I did, I purchased a license from the Microsoft Store...
  3. Cannot reactivate Windows after BIOS Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot reactivate Windows after BIOS Update: I cannot reactivate Windows! I just did a BIOS Update!!!No hardware change or something.I tried leaving my phone number, but Microsoft doesn't call back!What should I do?Troubleshooter also doesn't work, tried everything! Watched various videos. Nothing works!!!...
  4. Cannot reactivate Windows after BIOS Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot reactivate Windows after BIOS Update: I cannot reactivate Windows! I just did a BIOS Update!!!No hardware change or something.I tried leaving my phone number, but Microsoft doesn't call back!What should I do?Troubleshooter also doesn't work, tried everything! Watched various videos. Nothing works!!!...
  5. Cannot reactivate Windows after BIOS Update

6. Cannot activate windows after Bios update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot activate windows after Bios update: After updating my gigabyte motherboard bios, I couldn't reactivate my windows. even if I click on "I've recently changed my hardware" nothing happens and just tells me to get a new product key. Is this normal and do I have to spend stupid amount of money again?...
  7. Cannot activate windows after Bios update

Cannot activate windows after Bios update: After updating my gigabyte motherboard bios, I couldn't reactivate my windows. even if I click on "I've recently changed my hardware" nothing happens and just tells me to get a new product key. Is this normal and do I have to spend stupid amount of money again?...
  8. Cannot activate Windows 11 after updating bios.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot activate Windows 11 after updating bios.: I have updated bios and re-installed window 11 with formatting, after that I cannot activate my windows 11 DSP.I am using windows 11 with Asrock Z790 taichiYou can see about error message in attatched picture.I want to fix this issue ASAP....
  9. Cannot login to windows after Bios Update reboot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot login to windows after Bios Update reboot: Setting up new lenovo Thinkpad for the first time, after account sign-in with MS365 Exchange Go-Daddy for business, password was created. No login PIN was created as employee has not yet onboarded. Windows prompt for bio update and subsequently restarted. Upon restart, the...
  10. Cannot get into windows after bios update.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot get into windows after bios update.: So I did windows update that had a bios update. All was good till pc restarted. Tried to put in pin but pin was deleted due to new security feature. So To set up new pin I have to put in password for the live account I guess I set up when setting up pc for first time. It...