Windows 10: Cannot get into windows after bios update.

Discus and support Cannot get into windows after bios update. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; So I did windows update that had a bios update. All was good till pc restarted. Tried to put in pin but pin was deleted due to new security feature. So... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by DirtyDeeds, May 5, 2021 at 2:18 AM.

1. Cannot get into windows after bios update.

So I did windows update that had a bios update. All was good till pc restarted. Tried to put in pin but pin was deleted due to new security feature. So To set up new pin I have to put in password for the live account I guess I set up when setting up pc for first time. It shows email ( which not one I've used anywhere else) but I must have set it up because it's associated with my old number ( old number ). So I cannot get into my pc now. I've tried submitting a request for reset through microsoft reset site and it's pointless. I have no info on the account because I literally only set it up to get through the first time set up on pc. And after them telling me 2 or 3 times that they do not have enough info to reset it it finally said I'd sent to many requests. So I've tried to contact support via phone which is impossible, cannot get a real person which is what I need so I can explain. I cannot do anything on my pc now, can't system restore, cannot command prompt, safe mode doesn't work either because no matter where I go it will still ask for that password to start whatever process I'm trying to start. This is ridiculous. I cannot get into anything to say what version it is, just updated it last night

:)

2. BAGZZlash Win User

MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

3. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

4. Cannot get into windows after bios update.

Should I update bios?

I would read the warranty before doing anything. If the manufacturer finds out you did something not on their approved list of steps,for example using a program they didn't list, or a bios, etc, they can treat your video card rma like you threw it against the wall , because if something goes wrong and you didn't follow their steps exactly ,it was damaged through human error and they're not likely going to be obligated to cover it warranty wise. I don't know for sure, I just advocate that you check first , and I also advocate that you verify that it's an actual update ,because very rarely do manufacturers release updates for gpu bios'. And they most certainly wont cover a GPU "update" if its a bios file written by some dude in the Ukraine, it has to be a set process, they have predetermined often.

jboydgolfer, May 5, 2021 at 2:20 AM
Thema:

Cannot get into windows after bios update.

1. Cannot get into windows after bios update. - Similar Threads - Cannot bios update

2. Cannot get into windows after bios update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot get into windows after bios update.: So I did windows update that had a bios update. All was good till pc restarted. Tried to put in pin but pin was deleted due to new security feature. So To set up new pin I have to put in password for the live account I guess I set up when setting up pc for first time. It...
  3. Crash after bios update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crash after bios update.: Hello. Good Day, I have 2 O.S installed in my Asus X55C installed with Windows 10 and Ubuntu . After bios update my Windows crashed and showed me blue screen of death so I ran into bios I noticed that my SATA Configuration was changed from IDE to ACHI. So I reverted it to...
  4. Windows error after BIOS update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows error after BIOS update: Hey everyone. I have just built my first PC and am having some issues. I am using windows 10 with an aorus gigabyte elite wifi MB and a Ryzen 5 2600. I have two NVMe hard drives labeled C and D. During my initial install, I had installed windows to the D drive and it was...
  5. Cannot get in bios on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot get in bios on windows 10: Hello, I have been trying to get into bios settings on my PC but windows load fast an the f keys don't function. Tried using recovery>advanced options but when I troubleshoot windows startup none of the f1 to f10 keys work and neither the enter key work that would permit me...
  6. Cannot get to my desktop, I get a grey screen after the Bios Screen

Cannot get to my desktop, I get a grey screen after the Bios Screen: I have my own gaming PC with Windows 10 and recently decided to update my graphics card from a GTX 1060 to an RTX 2070 for better performance. My computer was not able to run the RTX 2070 for whatever reason and I started troubleshooting, deciding that maybe I should...
  7. Cannot get to Facebook after Windows update

Cannot get to Facebook after Windows update: I updated Windows in October and my Facebook page got unreachable. I receive an error EER_SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE. What is the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-get-to-facebook-after-windows-update/ed5c6c1b-05b6-427a-85f0-e2c889fcc2a2
  8. cannot get full screen after update

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot get full screen after update: Every time I get a Windows update the screen size shrinks and fills only part of the screen. I have tried many fixes but cannot get full screen...
  9. BIOS POST After Windows Update.

in Windows 10 Support
    BIOS POST After Windows Update.: Hi, I had posted about this over at Nvidia forums and got a nice snarky reply. If anyone else is having issues or ideas please let me know (although I have already posted about this). My main reason is to ask whether it is possible for a Windows update to affect my PC's bios...
  10. Cant get into BIOS after Creators Fall Update...

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant get into BIOS after Creators Fall Update...: so ive been having problems with software since upgrading to Creators Fall Update...was a big mistake updating and advise others to avoid it as many other people are coming forward with problems on MS forums. It has blacked out my Boot up screen? I can not use F12 to get...