Windows 10: Cannot get laptops to show up in Family Safety

Discus and support Cannot get laptops to show up in Family Safety in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have two Windows 10 laptops that I have added my child's Microsoft account to and set to Allow.However, neither one shows up in Family Safety so I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by heartlessgamerr, Feb 23, 2023.

1. Cannot get laptops to show up in Family Safety

I have two Windows 10 laptops that I have added my child's Microsoft account to and set to Allow.However, neither one shows up in Family Safety so I cannot set any setting such as screen time.I've tried every work around I've found online.I converted the laptop accounts to local, back from local to Microsoft, verified the accounts, and still nothing.I removed my child's account from the Family group and invited back.I followed recommendations on one of the laptops to deleted ProgramData/Microsoft/Windows/Parental Controls/settings/settings.bin and locking/unlocking accounts.None of this has wo

:)

heartlessgamerr, Feb 23, 2023

2. Family Safety - add device to child profile

Since this is the case and you have ensured the settings are correctly setup in family Safety, we suggest that you sign in using your main account and remove you child's account from Family Safety list. (Refer to the image below for reference.)

Cannot get laptops to show up in Family Safety 7618e897-2574-4517-80ca-0ef18325dda6.png

After completing the steps, attempt to use the email address of your child to login to the computer and see if the same error message still shows up. If the error no longer shows up, we suggest that you attempt to add the account back then to Family safety.

Regards.

Jordan Dom, Feb 23, 2023
  3. Family Safety issues

Hi,

Microsoft family features (includes family safety features formerly known as
    Microsoft Family Safety), is a free set of features available on Windows 10 PC and Mobile that is bundled with the Windows 10 operating system.
    Please ensure that the parent email account is set as an administrator on the child's laptop. Once done, you may follow the steps below to properly manage the settings on the Family Safety website:

• On the Start screen, type Family Safety.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click the Family Safety icon.
    • On the bottom part of the window, click Manage settings on the Family Safety website. Your default browser will direct you to the Family Safety website.
    • Sign in using the parent account.

For your reference, you may also check this article regarding Family Safety:
    Frequently Asked Questions.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Feb 23, 2023
  4. Cannot get laptops to show up in Family Safety

Unable to block youtube using family safety

Hi,

Thank you for updating with the status of the issue and apologies for the delay in responding.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Family Safety settings.

• Web filtering is not setup correctly.
    Remove and try to re-add the site in the block list and check.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to refer the article and check if you have setup web filtering correctly or not.

How do I prevent my child from seeing certain websites or chatting online?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...afety-child-kid-protect-filter-sites-chat-faq

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to refresh Family Safety filter and check if it helps.

How do I refresh the Family Safety Filter?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/family-safety-filter-faq

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Feb 23, 2023
Thema:

Cannot get laptops to show up in Family Safety

1. Cannot get laptops to show up in Family Safety - Similar Threads - Cannot laptops show

2. Lock button not showing up in Family Safety App on IOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock button not showing up in Family Safety App on IOS: Hi! I have installed the Family Safety App on my IOS device and configured it with my son's Windows laptop. However, the "Lock" button that would instantly lock the computer doesn't show up in the app, it shows up only in the browser version. Also, when I unlock the device...
  3. Cannot add a family member to Family Safety

Cannot add a family member to Family Safety: I keep getting an error message when trying to add my son's account to Family Safety. I had add and removed him a couple times trying to get his new computer set up, and now it seems like his account is blocked for some reason. Here's the message I get:Unusual activity...
  4. Cannot add a family member to Family Safety

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot add a family member to Family Safety: I keep getting an error message when trying to add my son's account to Family Safety. I had add and removed him a couple times trying to get his new computer set up, and now it seems like his account is blocked for some reason. Here's the message I get:Unusual activity...
  5. Cannot add a family member to Family Safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Cannot get laptops to show up in Family Safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot get laptops to show up in Family Safety: I have two Windows 10 laptops that I have added my child's Microsoft account to and set to Allow.However, neither one shows up in Family Safety so I cannot set any setting such as screen time.I've tried every work around I've found online.I converted the laptop accounts to...
  7. Cannot get laptops to show up in Family Safety

Cannot get laptops to show up in Family Safety: I have two Windows 10 laptops that I have added my child's Microsoft account to and set to Allow.However, neither one shows up in Family Safety so I cannot set any setting such as screen time.I've tried every work around I've found online.I converted the laptop accounts to...
  8. Family Safety Pop-Up Showing On A Non-Family Safety Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety Pop-Up Showing On A Non-Family Safety Account: Hello, I like to make a report about this bug I encountered. This bug happens when I open a Windows app for example the Microsoft Store. I am supposing this is something that was set for my son. Anyway, this is very annoying. With this bug,I can't even do my work. Also, my...
  9. Family Safety Pop-Up Showing On A Non-Family Safety Account

Family Safety Pop-Up Showing On A Non-Family Safety Account: Hello, I like to make a report about this bug I encountered. This bug happens when I open a Windows app for example the Microsoft Store. I am supposing this is something that was set for my son. Anyway, this is very annoying. With this bug,I can't even do my work. Also, my...
  10. Family Safety - cannot log on

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety - cannot log on: I'm looking to switch off family safety screen time as it's not working properly for my son. i've tried changing the times it's allowed and tried turning it off but it's still saying he has reached his screen limit for the day, the original time appears when trying to log in....