Windows 10: Cannot get large search box off "Start Screen"

Discus and support Cannot get large search box off "Start Screen" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; for some reason, I cannot get ris of the Search Box on the Windows 10 Start Screen! No matter what I try, it blocks almost everything on my screen.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jackmcgann, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Cannot get large search box off "Start Screen"

for some reason, I cannot get ris of the Search Box on the Windows 10 Start Screen! No matter what I try, it blocks almost everything on my screen.

Cannot get large search box off "Start Screen" [​IMG]

:)

jackmcgann, Dec 9, 2019

2. Search Box

Hi Aliya,

I would suggest you to run search and indexing troubleshooter
    and check. Please follow these steps:

• Right click on Start and select Control panel.
    • Find troubleshooting and click on it.
    • Click "View all" and then click "Search and Indexing".

Click "Next" and follow on-screen instructions.
    I hope this information helps.

ThofikhAhamad, Dec 9, 2019
  3. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Dec 9, 2019
  4. Cannot get large search box off "Start Screen"

Search box

Hi,

To start troubleshooting your issue, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the taskbar.
    • Select Cortana.
    • Click Show search box.
    Let us know how it goes.

Eugene deV, Dec 9, 2019
Thema:

Cannot get large search box off "Start Screen"

1. Cannot get large search box off "Start Screen" - Similar Threads - Cannot large search

2. Windows 11: Black Screen, No Start menu, No search box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: Black Screen, No Start menu, No search box: For the last two weeks whenever I log into a particular user account I get a black screen. I restart Explorer or wait and finally everything works ok except there is no start menu and no search box. Windows key + R works but Windows key + S does not.To solve the black screen...
  3. Windows 11: Black Screen, No Start menu, No search box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11: Black Screen, No Start menu, No search box: For the last two weeks whenever I log into a particular user account I get a black screen. I restart Explorer or wait and finally everything works ok except there is no start menu and no search box. Windows key + R works but Windows key + S does not.To solve the black screen...
  4. start button, search box not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start button, search box not working: Hi Everyone,I'm on windows 10 and my start button and search bar doesn't work and my settings doesn't work aswellI've tried the following:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_ubyQRnPpEhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13X0gjTjd4gYouTubeIf you know what the problem is please reply...
  5. start button, search box not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start button, search box not working: Hi Everyone,I'm on windows 10 and my start button and search bar doesn't work and my settings doesn't work aswellI've tried the following:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_ubyQRnPpEhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13X0gjTjd4gYouTubeIf you know what the problem is please reply...
  6. my mouse cannot open start ot search box

in Windows 10 Customization
    my mouse cannot open start ot search box: My mouse has stopped accessing start symbol and also cannot open search box https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mouse-cannot-open-start-ot-search-box/861b4d56-b89e-4d0d-8c73-403046a89434
  7. Cannot Type in Search Boxes Explorer/Start...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot Type in Search Boxes Explorer/Start...: I have an unusual issue where I cannot type anything into Windows search boxes. Specifically the built in 'Search' in the explorer windows, and the 'Start' menu search doesn't show when typing. However I can search in the Control Panel. Also, to confound this issue further...
  8. Cannot type in search box in explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot type in search box in explorer: Ever since the last update, search has been acting up. Often I cannot type in the search box in the upper right corner of any open folder. I have to restart to get it working. How to fix? Thanks. submitted by /u/butterballmd [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows Start search box

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Start search box: I was investigating online how to disable the 'on-screen keyboard on startup'. I opened the first link i saw and was told by a community member to click the start button and search 'services' and then open the services applet. The only thing is that the search bar i normally...
  10. Cannot type in search box

in Cortana
    Cannot type in search box: Hello all, The "improved" search box in Windows 10 v. 1909 is broken. 1) It shows one character at a time. - If I type "pdf" it displays "p" then only "d" then only "f". 2) Then it displays a box character (see picture below). 3) Clicking the arrow button does nothing...