Windows 10: CANNOT GET MICROPHONE TO PERFORM IN WIN 10

Discus and support CANNOT GET MICROPHONE TO PERFORM IN WIN 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After a recent Windows 10 reinstall on my HP PC, I find that I am unable to allow the microphone to work. In SOUND settings, I selected "RealTek... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JeffA Warner, May 21, 2022.

1. CANNOT GET MICROPHONE TO PERFORM IN WIN 10

After a recent Windows 10 reinstall on my HP PC, I find that I am unable to allow the microphone to work. In SOUND settings, I selected "RealTek Microphone"., and the "Disable" box is unticked. In PRIVACY settings, microphone access is allowed for all apps. However, when I attempt to test the mic, virtually no blue bar appears. When I click the "Troubleshoot" button, nothing happens. I have attempted other steps, including Driver Update, and receive the message that MS says that the the installed drivers are up to date. I would appreciate any help. Thanks, JWarner

:)

JeffA Warner, May 21, 2022
  2. Anne Ros Win User

my condensor microphone is not being detected by windows 10

Hi,

To clarify the issue, have you checked the compatibility of the microphone to Windows 10? You can check if the microphone driver is available in the Device Manager or not by following these steps:

• Go to Search bar.
    • Type devmgmt.msc then hit Enter.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs.
    • Check if microphone driver is available.

We also suggest performing a clean boot to check if there are software conflicts that can cause the issue.

If you need further help, don't hesitate to reply on this post.

Anne Ros, May 21, 2022
  3. setting up microphone for speech recognition

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are trying to setup speech recognition on the PC.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • When you say that “the box is grey and unresponsive”, where you are seeing this option?
    • Are you able to connect the microphone to the PC? (Does it show in Device Manager)

Meanwhile we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if you are able to setup the microphone.

Steps to set up a microphone: Before you set up Speech Recognition, make sure you've plugged the microphone into your PC so the following steps work.

1. Press Windows + Q or click on the Windows Search.
    2. Enter Set up a microphone in the search box, and then tap or click
      Set up a microphone.
    3. Follow the instructions on the screen.
    4. Once you are able to setup the microphone and then check if it’s working.

You may also refer this article for additional help: Use voice recognition
    in Windows 10

If you are facing issues configuring microphone on your computer, I would suggest you to refer:

Fix microphone problems

Let us know how it goes.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 21, 2022
  4. CANNOT GET MICROPHONE TO PERFORM IN WIN 10

microphone is not working

Hi Junezryaz,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10 and your steps in solving the issue.

I suggest you to run the microphone troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooter” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left corner.
    • Click on “Recording Audio” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 21, 2022
Thema:

CANNOT GET MICROPHONE TO PERFORM IN WIN 10

1. CANNOT GET MICROPHONE TO PERFORM IN WIN 10 - Similar Threads - CANNOT MICROPHONE PERFORM

2. CANNOT GET MICROPHONE TO PERFORM IN WIN 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CANNOT GET MICROPHONE TO PERFORM IN WIN 10: After a recent Windows 10 reinstall on my HP PC, I find that I am unable to allow the microphone to work. In SOUND settings, I selected "RealTek Microphone"., and the "Disable" box is unticked. In PRIVACY settings, microphone access is allowed for all apps. However, when I...
  3. CANNOT GET MICROPHONE TO PERFORM IN WIN 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CANNOT GET MICROPHONE TO PERFORM IN WIN 10: After a recent Windows 10 reinstall on my HP PC, I find that I am unable to allow the microphone to work. In SOUND settings, I selected "RealTek Microphone"., and the "Disable" box is unticked. In PRIVACY settings, microphone access is allowed for all apps. However, when I...
  4. Still cannot get microphone to work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Still cannot get microphone to work: Split from this thread.Split from this thread....My original post for help is now locked and still unresolved. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-help-with-microphone-mute-onoff-button-not/a6bb6b25-8ee0-4d5a-8832-edccca8d210f Would you also be able...
  5. win 10 microphone headset

win 10 microphone headset: HI, I am trying to help someone who relies on voice recognition software due to quadriplegia. He uses a usb mic headset on a win 10 computer. Recently he has had 4 headsets in a row where windows stopped recognizing the microphone, but still recognizes the headphones....
  6. Cannot Get Microphone Headset to Work.

Cannot Get Microphone Headset to Work.: I have a headset that plugs in via the back audio panel, with dual 3.5 mm cord, but my computer does not recognize that anything was just plugged in. I currently have a set a speakers hooked up, and it plays sound though those with no issue. I previously had a headset that...
  7. Win 10 IO Performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 IO Performance: to all, I am on the latest version of WIN 10 (1903) with all updates current, and have in the last week or so had my I-O rate up in the 85-100 range constantly after being never above 15% except during start up or program initiation. I have updated all drivers and have...
  8. low gaming performance win 10

low gaming performance win 10: ok so I created a post before for this but no help here is the screenshot of cpu usage while in game these svchosts take cpu as well in game why so [ATTACH]...
  9. win 10 home low performance

win 10 home low performance: ok already I have created two threads for this but problem is not resolved after October update windows is not running smoothly it feels something is holding it back like it hangs in game for 2 seconds then back to normal don't know what to do when I open any browser cpu...
  10. How to get the microphone to work property on Win 10 ?

How to get the microphone to work property on Win 10 ?: I have a new Dell Inspiron 7000 16 GB with an i5 processor running Windows 10 Home at the moment. At first I hated Win 10 but learned there are just a lot of features configured by default to frustrate users (like menu delays, blurry screens, etc.) The feature I have not...