Windows 10: Cannot get microphone to work on new wireless headset on Windows laptop

Discus and support Cannot get microphone to work on new wireless headset on Windows laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I Just recently got a pair of "Power Beats 3 Wireless", but I cannot get the microphone to work on my laptop HP Notebook - 15-ay196nr: Windows 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Raymond Holguin, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Cannot get microphone to work on new wireless headset on Windows laptop

I Just recently got a pair of "Power Beats 3 Wireless", but I cannot get the microphone to work on my laptop HP Notebook - 15-ay196nr: Windows 10.

This is currently where I am at with trying to figure this issue out.

1. The mic works on my phone and a different Windows 10 laptop

2. I have a pair of iHome wireless earbuds that has a working mic on my laptop.

3. The output audio works fine on my laptop, just mic that has issues.

4. Under bluetooth setting it shows that both Audio and Voice are connected

5. Under audio settings the mic shows up under input devices. Doing the mic test from this screen does not work, my voice is not detected when i talk. No other mic based app I have tried detects my voice either.

6. I have made sure that the Mic is my default input device

7. I verified the mic audio is 100% not muted

8. I have run Windows Update and HP Support Assistant to make sure all HP drivers are updated

9. I have uninstalled the "Beats" drivers from Device manager. Reconnected my headset reinstalls the drivers successfully.

10. On "Sound Devices" I noticed that headset portion appears in both input and output devices. So i tried disabling the output portion in case in was conflicting but all that did was completely remove the "voice" from #4 above.

11. I also confirmed that the bluetooth service of "Handsfree Telephony" was enabled for this device

I am not sure where to go from here. Any ideas would be appreciated!

:)

Raymond Holguin, Jul 24, 2020

2. Cannot get microphone to work on new wireless headset on Windows laptop

I Just recently got a pair of "Power Beats 3 Wireless", but I cannot get the microphone to work on my laptop (HP Notebook - 15-ay196nr: Windows 10).

This is currently where I am at with trying to figure this issue out.

1. The mic works on my phone and a different Windows 10 laptop
    2. I have a pair of iHome wireless earbuds that has a working mic on my laptop.
    3. The output audio works fine on my laptop, just mic that has issues.
    4. Under bluetooth setting it shows that both Audio and Voice are connected
    5. Under audio settings the mic shows up under input devices. Doing the mic test from this screen does not work, my voice is not detected when i talk. No other mic based app I have tried detects my voice either.
    6. I have made sure that the Mic is my default input device
    7. I verified the mic audio is 100% (not muted)
    8. I have run Windows Update and HP Support Assistant to make sure all HP drivers are updated
    9. I have uninstalled the "Beats" drivers from Device manager. Reconnected my headset reinstalls the drivers successfully.
    10. On "Sound Devices" I noticed that headset portion appears in both input and output devices. So i tried disabling the output portion in case in was conflicting but all that did was completely remove the "voice" from #4 above.
    11. I also confirmed that the bluetooth service of "Handsfree Telephony" was enabled for this device
    I am not sure where to go from here. Any ideas would be appreciated!

Raymond Holguin, Jul 26, 2020
  3. pab1969 Win User
    Apple Headset/Microphone not working

Windows 10, have 3 Apple headsets. I can hear audio just fine but the microphone isn't recognized at all. I tried this on multiple laptops and while the audio is fine, I cannot get the microphones to work. It's the Apple wired earbuds. Windows isn't even recognizing that the microphone is there, it keeps defaulting to Realtek microphone on the laptop. I can't find drivers for this headset. I even spent three hours with Apple trying to troubleshoot and they FedEx'd me three brand new headsets. Well seems the issue persists even on the three new items. Any ideas. Even my IT guys at work can't figure out how to fix it.

pab1969, Jul 26, 2020
  4. KerooSeta Win User

Cannot get microphone to work on new wireless headset on Windows laptop

Bluetooth Headset Microphones Don't work with Windows 10

I cannot get any bluetooth headset microphone to work with Windows 10. I have tried three different bluetooth headsets, most recently a Corsair Gaming H2100. I have no problem getting the audio output to work just fine with any of them, but I cannot get
    it to recognize the microphone. I have followed all of the obvious steps:

• Uninstalled and reinstalled the newest version of the drivers
    • Restart my computer
    • Disable other microphones
    • Set the headset as the default recording device
    • Check the levels and set to 100
    • Remove the device with the device manager and reinstall
    • Unplug and plug back in my bluetooth antenna
    • Make sure that Windows is totally updated
    None of these steps has made any difference. I am able to get wired microphones to work, but this isn't ideal with my current set-up, as I sit about 10 feet away from my computer and use my 55" television as my monitor. So, I have a really nice webcam that
    I use as a microphone. It is fine, but I would really like to be able to use a bluetooth headset sometimes and not have to talk loudly to a microphone across the room.

Happy to have any help. Thanks.

KerooSeta, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

Cannot get microphone to work on new wireless headset on Windows laptop

1. Cannot get microphone to work on new wireless headset on Windows laptop - Similar Threads - Cannot microphone wireless

2. Wireless Headset Microphone stops working out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless Headset Microphone stops working out of nowhere: I´ve been having some issues with my Logitech G533´s Wireless Gaming Headset microphone which stops working sometimes, usually after I turn on the PC or when one of it get back on from suspension. The microphone itself if tested in control painel shows response, but when I...
  3. Wireless Headset Microphone stops working out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Headset Microphone stops working out of nowhere: I´ve been having some issues with my Logitech G533´s Wireless Gaming Headset microphone which stops working sometimes, usually after I turn on the PC or when one of it get back on from suspension. The microphone itself if tested in control painel shows response, but when I...
  4. cant get wireless microphone to work with windows

cant get wireless microphone to work with windows: I purchased a HOTEC U05 wireless body microphone to do interviews. I did everything right in setting up and pairing the device's transmitter and receiver. However, my laptop windows 10 does not receive any sound. The laptops are only picking up the sound through the regular...
  5. cant get wireless microphone to work with windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cant get wireless microphone to work with windows: I purchased a HOTEC U05 wireless body microphone to do interviews. I did everything right in setting up and pairing the device's transmitter and receiver. However, my laptop windows 10 does not receive any sound. The laptops are only picking up the sound through the regular...
  6. Headset is not detected so cannot get audio, however the microphone on the headset works.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset is not detected so cannot get audio, however the microphone on the headset works.: Recently bought wired Razer Kraken X headphones and am having issues with it on my pc. Once the headset is plugged in, the computer briefly senses both the headset and microphone aspects of the headset but after a few seconds the headset is undetected. This means there is no...
  7. Headset is not detected so cannot get audio, however the microphone on the headset works.

Headset is not detected so cannot get audio, however the microphone on the headset works.: Recently bought wired Razer Kraken X headphones and am having issues with it on my pc. Once the headset is plugged in, the computer briefly senses both the headset and microphone aspects of the headset but after a few seconds the headset is undetected. This means there is no...
  8. Headset is not detected so cannot get audio, however the microphone on the headset works.

9. Headset Microphone not working on Windows 10 Laptop.

Headset Microphone not working on Windows 10 Laptop.: Hi, I have a Windows 10 laptop with version 2004. It has an 8th gen i7 CPU, 8 gb ram and an Nvidia Mx250 GPU. Recently the mic on my gaming headset stopped working on my laptop I tried using it with other computers and it works just fine. Instead of hearing anything I say,...
  10. Cannot Get Microphone Headset to Work.

Cannot Get Microphone Headset to Work.: I have a headset that plugs in via the back audio panel, with dual 3.5 mm cord, but my computer does not recognize that anything was just plugged in. I currently have a set a speakers hooked up, and it plays sound though those with no issue. I previously had a headset that...