Windows 10: Cannot get my default keyboard customized - any help with TeamViewer?

Discus and support Cannot get my default keyboard customized - any help with TeamViewer? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Being new on W10 I desperately try to customize my default keyboard US-International with just one single character, the • also known as bullet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wimyogya, Dec 3, 2018.

1. wimyogya Win User

Cannot get my default keyboard customized - any help with TeamViewer?

Hello,

Being new on W10 I desperately try to customize my default keyboard US-International with just one single character, the • also known as bullet point under the key combi CTRL-ALT .

I managed to add the character to a layout, but then the rest fails.
    Cannot build DLL and setup package, dont know how I should (re)name my keyboard, don't know how to activate it - so that it appears in the Windows keyboard list and is selectable for my 2 languages (English and Dutch).
    I have read numerous answers in various forums and all are confusing for me. Do not understand them at all.

To my humble opinion it should be a default character in (m)any keyboard(s) - but apparently that is not the case.

Is there perhaps anyone who can 'take over' by assisting with TeamViewer and add this • to my keyboard?

Thanks in advance,
    Wim

:)

wimyogya, Dec 3, 2018

2. Language/Keyboard default

Hi Sandra,

You can try these steps to set up your preferred defaults:

• Go to Settings and click Time & Language.
    • Click Region & Language.
    • Click on your default system language then, click Options.
    • Click Add a keyboard then choose your preferred keyboard language.
    • Remove the other keyboard language by choosing it then click Remove.

Tell us if this works.

Katrina Men, Dec 3, 2018
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Cannot get my default keyboard customized - any help with TeamViewer? :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Dec 3, 2018
  4. D3LL Win User

How to prevent Windows from automatically adding regular US keyboard

These steps should probably help you. Be sure that its not set as default when trying to delete.

D3LL, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot get my default keyboard customized - any help with TeamViewer? - Similar Threads - Cannot default keyboard

2. Cannot get any image on the right #2 monitor - Help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot get any image on the right #2 monitor - Help!: I just got an Acer HDMi desktop computer. I cannot get the operating system to recognize both of my monitors. Have gone into Bios, it sees them. Have gone into dislpay settings, it see both. Cannot get any image on the right #2 screen. Any ideas, before I return the computer?...
  3. Cannot get any image on the right #2 monitor - Help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot get any image on the right #2 monitor - Help!: I just got an Acer HDMi desktop computer. I cannot get the operating system to recognize both of my monitors. Have gone into Bios, it sees them. Have gone into dislpay settings, it see both. Cannot get any image on the right #2 screen. Any ideas, before I return the computer?...
  4. Teamviewer download

Teamviewer download: Hi, i am trying to download team viewer on my windows 10 s laptop but struggling to download it.. keeps sending me to the app store where only the remote access can be downloaded. Is there anyway I can turn off a setting so i can download it from the internet so i can...
  5. I cannot get my scanner to connect to my PC. Any help.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I cannot get my scanner to connect to my PC. Any help.: Cannot get my scanner to connect to my computer. Any help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-get-my-scanner-to-connect-to-my-pc-any/393b6ced-9ffe-4b4c-8b9f-558461ac2c96
  6. TEAMVIEWER

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    TEAMVIEWER: HOW TO KEEP MY COMPUTER ON FOR REMOTE USE? I GET KICKED OFF AND IT WANTS CONTROL ALT DELETE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/mse-protect_scanning-windows_7/teamviewer/05822486-83e3-4a01-b314-237784bda979
  7. how did teamviewer get on my computer ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how did teamviewer get on my computer ?: Actually TeamViewer is not spy Software. Its a legal Remote Desktop software but some Time its maybe hurtful for your pc/laptop/phone/tablet or any other device Just Because of the user permission. Ex. If you Somehow open teamviewer and connect with someone unknown people...
  8. Cannot get Firefox as my default browser

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot get Firefox as my default browser: I am trying to set Firefox as my default browser. When I click on default apps in settings, nothing happens. When I click on make Firefox my default browser when starting Firefox, settings opens, but that's all it does. I can access settings through start, but like I said,...
  9. Cannot use keyboard in any browser

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot use keyboard in any browser: We just updated our windows 7 laptop with windows 10. When we open Edge or Chrome, we cannot use keyboard to type anything either in search window or address bar. Browsers are also very slow to respond or freeze. Any idea what is happening? We can type in control panel search...
  10. Teamviewer

Teamviewer: Recently Teamviewer stopped working for me. I get a pop up that says "Not ready. Check your connections". My remote users get the same message when they try to activate Teamviewer for me to connect. I am online and Internet connected when I try to use Teamviewer, so I...