Windows 10: Cannot get my icons to show the picture image I have tried every thing. An suggestions?

Discus and support Cannot get my icons to show the picture image I have tried every thing. An suggestions? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In my Pictures all my folders open up but do not display an image on the .jpg files. When I click on the file it opens ok but searching for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DonAdams4, Jun 3, 2019.

1. DonAdams4 Win User

Cannot get my icons to show the picture image I have tried every thing. An suggestions?

In my Pictures all my folders open up but do not display an image on the .jpg files. When I click on the file it opens ok but searching for a particular image is the pits with my 6,000 photos.

I have tried changing the view, large, small, medium icons etc. and always show thumbnails never icons but it doesn't help.

Any siggestions?

:)

DonAdams4, Jun 3, 2019
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Photo Icons in the Picture Folders

Hi,

Misconfigured view settings is on of the usual reasons why it is not displaying the actual photo. We suggest checking the settings of your folder to make sure it show the icons, instead of the thumbnail. Kindly follow the steps below to check it:

• Open Picture folder.
    • Choose View tab at the top, then click the (Square icon) Options as shown on the picture below:
      Cannot get my icons to show the picture image I have tried every thing. An suggestions? acdc00f8-fb41-47d4-960e-166f8c7715e3.png
    • Click View tab, put a check mark on the box beside the
      Always show icons, never thumbnails. See picture below:

Cannot get my icons to show the picture image I have tried every thing. An suggestions? 25255605-64c1-4d21-92f9-f2dcf1a0791d.png
    • Close the folder, and check if you will be able to see the display picture for each icon.

Kindly update us with the outcome.

Mayra Aqu, Jun 3, 2019
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Jun 3, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

Cannot get my icons to show the picture image I have tried every thing. An suggestions?

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot get my icons to show the picture image I have tried every thing. An suggestions? - Similar Threads - Cannot icons show

2. Cannot ungroup, have tried options suggested online

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot ungroup, have tried options suggested online: I cannot turn off grouping in file explorer. The groups "yesterday" and "earlier this week" are extremely unhelpful. I need no grouping other than a folder. Please tell me how to disable this function. There is no option in the"sort by" panel that equates to none....
  3. Cannot ungroup, have tried options suggested online

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot ungroup, have tried options suggested online: I cannot turn off grouping in file explorer. The groups "yesterday" and "earlier this week" are extremely unhelpful. I need no grouping other than a folder. Please tell me how to disable this function. There is no option in the"sort by" panel that equates to none....
  4. my one drive is showing red x and is not syncing properly i have tried every thing in my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my one drive is showing red x and is not syncing properly i have tried every thing in my...: my one drive is not syncing properly there is aa red x and it not responding well https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-one-drive-is-showing-red-x-and-is-not-syncing/734d7529-9055-489c-8e98-d7cba46f5b34
  5. my one drive is showing red x and is not syncing properly i have tried every thing in my...

my one drive is showing red x and is not syncing properly i have tried every thing in my...: my one drive is not syncing properly there is aa red x and it not responding well https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-one-drive-is-showing-red-x-and-is-not-syncing/734d7529-9055-489c-8e98-d7cba46f5b34
  6. I have tried every suggestion, but I still cannot get any desktop apps to work with the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have tried every suggestion, but I still cannot get any desktop apps to work with the...: I cannot get desktop apps to work with my external microphone. The microphone works with the sound recorder, but I need the microphone for other apps that are not in the list of installed apps in Settings....
  7. I have tried every suggestion, but I still cannot get any desktop apps to work with the...

I have tried every suggestion, but I still cannot get any desktop apps to work with the...: I cannot get desktop apps to work with my external microphone. The microphone works with the sound recorder, but I need the microphone for other apps that are not in the list of installed apps in Settings....
  8. Cannot delete desktop icon - tried previous suggestions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot delete desktop icon - tried previous suggestions: While trying to backup some firefox bookmarks a shortcut appeared on the desktop with a long name which appeared to be a combination of urls. It cannot be deleted or renamed and nothing appens on click. I have tried deleting it from the command line and in safe mode but...
  9. Cannot delete desktop icon - tried previous suggestions

Cannot delete desktop icon - tried previous suggestions: While trying to backup some firefox bookmarks a shortcut appeared on the desktop with a long name which appeared to be a combination of urls. It cannot be deleted or renamed and nothing appens on click. I have tried deleting it from the command line and in safe mode but...
  10. Most of my pictures have stopped showing icons (previews of the pictures)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Most of my pictures have stopped showing icons (previews of the pictures): Most of my pictures have stopped showing icons (previews of the pictures) I have tried every "fix" that I can find by google and nothing has helped. I am using Windows 10. One site said Windows 10 is known for doing this. I tried clearing the cache. I made sure that the...