Windows 10: Cannot get my printer to work. note says it blocked but don't know why

Discus and support Cannot get my printer to work. note says it blocked but don't know why in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; why is printer blocked? how canmit be fixed?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tedrickman, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Cannot get my printer to work. note says it blocked but don't know why

why is printer blocked? how canmit be fixed?

:)

tedrickman, Jul 6, 2020

2. printer trays don't follow the instructions in Word/printer/page_setup

Hi Denny,

There are several reasons why an issue occurs, sometimes this may be caused by some files or components that are broken or missing on the system. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this article on how to
    fix printer problems in Windows 10. Once you're done, check if the issue
    persists.

On the other hand, if the issue is still the same, you may remove and reinstall the printer on your device. To do this, follow the steps below:

To remove your printer

• Click Start > Settings > Devices > Printers and Scanners.
    • Under the Printers and Scanners, find and select the printer and click
      Remove device.

To reinstall your printer

• Click Start > Settings > Devices > Printers and Scanners > Add a printer or scanner.
    • Make sure that your printer is on and connected to your computer.
    • It will scan the available device that is connected to your PC, wait for it until it finds a printer, and then select
      Add device.
    • Download and install the latest printer driver by visiting the manufacturer's website.

Note: You can print a test page to make sure that the printer is working correctly.

Let us know if these suggestions work for you and if you need additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Jul 6, 2020
  3. cognus Win User
    Brother Printer exists & works, but won't "Install" - Why?

Gang I have really appreciated how Windows 10 can pickup devices on the network and get them working without the user even knowing what happened. Saves steps. With multifunction printers, however, it is better in some cases to run the Manufacturers software stack for key important key features, in this case scanning multiple pages into one PDF. I have not seen a case like this one: The Device, a Brother MFC-L2707dw, is working - windows dropped it into Devices & Printers with no intervention, both by USB, and later by WIFI. The basic functions work. It will print, scan, and copy. But all not well.

The info on the printer is not populated other than the basic ID: it gets the model correct, all other information missing in Windows Devices & Printers. Most importantly, in trying to install either the Basic Drivers package or the Full Features package from Brother [they only list those two in Downloads for Windows 10], I have to quit the install because it cannot detect the printer. Fails when connected by USB, and fails when connected only by WIFI [and the printer works on WIFI as well as USB]. Similarly, if I delete the Printer and then use the "Add Printer" in Windows Control Panel, Windows 10 cannot discover the device. [but it does... just not the prescribed way]

I have not tried this in Safe Mode - I assumed drivers would be squelched and the package would fail again.

Anyone have a suggestion here?

C

cognus, Jul 6, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Cannot get my printer to work. note says it blocked but don't know why

Can't share printer—getting error message

Step 1: Go to store.
    Step 2: Buy a less shitty printer.
    Step 3: Pick up some beer while you are there.
    Step 4: Enjoy both your new printer and your beer.

In all seriousness, I have had more issues with Lexmark printers and their shitty drivers then any other manufacturer, HP is a close second though.

However, if you don't want to get a new printer*Laugh :laugh:, and I can understand that, when my Lexmark was giving me the same troubles in Win7(and Vista) I had to make sure the Windows firewall was ON and the firewall service was enabled and running. After I shared it I could re-disable the firewall and firewall services.

newtekie1, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

Cannot get my printer to work. note says it blocked but don't know why

1. Cannot get my printer to work. note says it blocked but don't know why - Similar Threads - Cannot printer note

2. Nothing is working on my computer, and I don't know why.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nothing is working on my computer, and I don't know why.: Nothing is working on my computer, whey I try to open any app I get a window called explorer.exe that says Class Not Registered. The only thing that I can open is google chrome and other internet browsers. When I try to open the start menu using the windows button it just...
  3. Nothing is working on my computer, and I don't know why.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nothing is working on my computer, and I don't know why.: Nothing is working on my computer, whey I try to open any app I get a window called explorer.exe that says Class Not Registered. The only thing that I can open is google chrome and other internet browsers. When I try to open the start menu using the windows button it just...
  4. Getting spam email don't know how to block on my phone link.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting spam email don't know how to block on my phone link.: Getting spam email dont know how to block on my phone link. * Moved from Community Center* Original title: spam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-spam-email-dont-know-how-to-block-on-my/faf17b88-5d6e-43ea-a59a-416e1c6733b4
  5. Getting spam email don't know how to block on my phone link.

Getting spam email don't know how to block on my phone link.: Getting spam email dont know how to block on my phone link. * Moved from Community Center* Original title: spam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-spam-email-dont-know-how-to-block-on-my/faf17b88-5d6e-43ea-a59a-416e1c6733b4
  6. I cannot access my settings, I don't know why.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot access my settings, I don't know why.: After updating my PC, I can no longer open the settings. I need to change some settings but it's not allowing me to access it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-access-my-settings-i-dont-know-why/2462d1a8-48d6-487d-82a5-b20aa8e37f6f
  7. I cannot access my settings, I don't know why.

I cannot access my settings, I don't know why.: After updating my PC, I can no longer open the settings. I need to change some settings but it's not allowing me to access it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-access-my-settings-i-dont-know-why/2462d1a8-48d6-487d-82a5-b20aa8e37f6f
  8. I cannot access my settings, I don't know why.

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Don't know why I get BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Don't know why I get BSOD: Hi Lately my pc's been crashing, I have already cleaned it and fully reset it but it still happens. Here's my Minidump file Sign in to your account. (I use windows build 19042.630) Can someone help me find the problem. Thx 169013
  10. My Computer Has a debug note on my desktop and I don't know why???

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Computer Has a debug note on my desktop and I don't know why???: The Debug note says Error Window.cc //1/3/4/5..," and I cant figure it out, Maybe its nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-has-a-debug-note-on-my-desktop-and-i/44912866-6bd0-47e1-8ce6-afafacbae5ed