Windows 10: Cannot get notifications to work

Discus and support Cannot get notifications to work in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Awhile back notifications suddenly stopped working, I can't remember if it was after an update. Under Settings > System > Notification &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by NuMs, Nov 6, 2018.

1. NuMs Win User

Cannot get notifications to work

Hello,

Awhile back notifications suddenly stopped working, I can't remember if it was after an update.

Under Settings > System > Notification & actions. I have "Get notification from apps and other senders" enabled and have toggled the switch to on under the app list. Still nothing.

Bit of googling founda suggestion to run the SFC, while it did find and repair files, notifications still do not work.

Any ideas?

:)

NuMs, Nov 6, 2018

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Nov 6, 2018
  4. Cannot get notifications to work

Facebook Notifications and Live Tile Not Working

Hi Terry,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in app settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "Notifications and the Facebook Live Tile stopped", are you using Facebook app from Windows Store?
    • Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?

If you are using Facebook app from Windows Store, then I suggest you to follow the methods below to run Windows Store apps troubleshooter to check for any changes in app settings on the computer
    and turn on app notification.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Windows Store apps troubleshooter from the below Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: I recommend you to follow the steps below to turn on app notification and check if it helps.

Select Settings > System > Notifications & actions >
    Turn on Show app notifications.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with issue with getting Facebook notifications, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

Cannot get notifications to work

1. Cannot get notifications to work - Similar Threads - Cannot notifications

2. No sound on laptop. "This device cannot start. Code 10 FW did not sent FW Ready notification."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound on laptop. "This device cannot start. Code 10 FW did not sent FW Ready notification.": Hello everyone. For the past two months my laptop has suddenly stopped playing audio for anything. In addition, the built-in microphone on my laptop also does not work whatsoever even the button on the laptop to mute the mic won't turn work. The only time I can get audio is...
  3. No sound on laptop. "This device cannot start. Code 10 FW did not sent FW Ready notification."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound on laptop. "This device cannot start. Code 10 FW did not sent FW Ready notification.": Hello everyone. For the past two months my laptop has suddenly stopped playing audio for anything. In addition, the built-in microphone on my laptop also does not work whatsoever even the button on the laptop to mute the mic won't turn work. The only time I can get audio is...
  4. Microsoft Security Keep giving me notification about a threat That I cannot remove

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Security Keep giving me notification about a threat That I cannot remove: Microsoft Security Keep giving me notification about a threat That I cannot remove And did it tell me there is no threat been detected After that, I use PC manager and tell me too that I do not have a threat I already tried the operating Log Clean But that didn't do anything...
  5. Microsoft Security Keep giving me notification about a threat That I cannot remove

Microsoft Security Keep giving me notification about a threat That I cannot remove: Microsoft Security Keep giving me notification about a threat That I cannot remove And did it tell me there is no threat been detected After that, I use PC manager and tell me too that I do not have a threat I already tried the operating Log Clean But that didn't do anything...
  6. Reset my PC and now cannot run Microsoft Defender, notification says IT administrator has...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset my PC and now cannot run Microsoft Defender, notification says IT administrator has...: I reset my new pc for the first time recently and after reinstalling windows, I get a notice that says when trying to scan files with Microsoft defender "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access in not available....
  7. Reset my PC and now cannot run Microsoft Defender, notification says IT administrator has...

Reset my PC and now cannot run Microsoft Defender, notification says IT administrator has...: I reset my new pc for the first time recently and after reinstalling windows, I get a notice that says when trying to scan files with Microsoft defender "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access in not available....
  8. Teams Notification Pop-up Cannot be Turned Off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Teams Notification Pop-up Cannot be Turned Off: I have turned off EVERY setting I can find to make Teams notifications not pop-up on my main screen whenever a team member comments in chat, or posts anything. No matter what I turn off/on, both in Teams settings for notifications and my local computer notifications, it...
  9. Teams Notification Pop-up Cannot be Turned Off

Teams Notification Pop-up Cannot be Turned Off: I have turned off EVERY setting I can find to make Teams notifications not pop-up on my main screen whenever a team member comments in chat, or posts anything. No matter what I turn off/on, both in Teams settings for notifications and my local computer notifications, it...
  10. Show App Notifications" button Cannot be Toggled On and Stay On

in Windows 10 Customization
    Show App Notifications" button Cannot be Toggled On and Stay On: Every time I log on to my Windows 10 AVD the Notifications> Get notifications from apps and other senders is toggled Off.I have to manually turn it On. While I am on my session the Get notifications from apps and other senders is toggled On but when I login it back to Off.How...