Windows 10: Cannot get notifications to work

Discus and support Cannot get notifications to work in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Awhile back notifications suddenly stopped working, I can't remember if it was after an update. Under Settings > System > Notification &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by NuMs, Nov 6, 2018.

1. NuMs Win User

Cannot get notifications to work

Hello,

Awhile back notifications suddenly stopped working, I can't remember if it was after an update.

Under Settings > System > Notification & actions. I have "Get notification from apps and other senders" enabled and have toggled the switch to on under the app list. Still nothing.

Bit of googling founda suggestion to run the SFC, while it did find and repair files, notifications still do not work.

Any ideas?

:)

NuMs, Nov 6, 2018
  2. jboydgolfer Win User

(SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Nov 6, 2018
  3. AmericanPharaoh Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Nov 6, 2018
  4. Nyima Yonten Win User

Facebook Notifications and Live Tile Not Working

Hi Terry,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in app settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "Notifications and the Facebook Live Tile stopped", are you using Facebook app from Windows Store?
    • Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?

If you are using Facebook app from Windows Store, then I suggest you to follow the methods below to run Windows Store apps troubleshooter to check for any changes in app settings on the computer
    and turn on app notification.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Windows Store apps troubleshooter from the below Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: I recommend you to follow the steps below to turn on app notification and check if it helps.

Select Settings > System > Notifications & actions >
    Turn on Show app notifications.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with issue with getting Facebook notifications, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot get notifications to work - Similar Threads - Cannot notifications

2. Cannot find computer between WiFi and Ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot find computer between WiFi and Ethernet: Hello, We have several laptops on WiFi and several desktops on Ethernet. On all of them I have network discovery turned on for all profiles. I can access all desktops from any desktop and all laptops from any laptop but I cannot access a laptop on WiFi from a wired...
  3. Cannot manage mail rules and notifications in Office 2010 Outlook

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Cannot manage mail rules and notifications in Office 2010 Outlook: Hi folks, couple of days ago I noticed that my Outlook rules for sorting incoming mail into folders are no more honoured. I went to "manage rules and notifications" in the menu, and after clicking on it something blinked on the screen and I received notification "operation...
  4. Cannot turn of "ENG" in taskbar/notification area

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot turn of "ENG" in taskbar/notification area: Hello: In spite of looking in many places, I am unable to find where to turn off "ENG" (language bar of some kind), which appears between the Notification area and the Clock/Time area on the taskbar in Windows 10, v1803. Would greatly appreciate some help. Regards,...
  5. notification the battery saver icon is grayed out and cannot be pressed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    notification the battery saver icon is grayed out and cannot be pressed: so , i have a problem with my battery saver. when i press the battery icon on my taskbar it used to have brightness button and battery saver button and now it is gone the batter saver icon and in the notification the battery saver icon is grayed out and cannot be pressed...
  6. Cannot update after notification

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot update after notification: Received an update notification in Windows 10 update screen. When I press the INSTALL NOW button, the spinning circle appears and says in motion without starting the install. I have minimized the window and also checked the task bar. Still the install does not take...
  7. Cannot receive any Notification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot receive any Notification: Why is my "Show app notifications" toggle button disabled? I cannot receive any notification from app like: Mail, Facebook, Twitter... [img] 13000
  8. Cannot disable notifications in settings APP or group policy 1709

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot disable notifications in settings APP or group policy 1709: Installed 16299.15 RS3 on test machine. Three notification settings cannot be disabled. Turn them off, and they just turn back on again. (Notifications from Apps and other senders, notifications on lock screen and notifications about VOIP calls). Turned them off, and went...
  9. Cannot customize notification bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot customize notification bar: Hello friends. New here so forgive me if this is not the right place to ask. I recently bought the Asus Zenbook and cannot customize the notification bar. I right click taskbar>properties>notification area>customize but the next page does not load. It is just a grey box like...
  10. Cannot disable system notification sounds...

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot disable system notification sounds...: Hi everyone, I'm having annoying problem, since I hate system sounds, I have them always disabled... Last times however (after some "fantastic" auto-update propably) windows changes my "no sound" scheme to "default windows sounds" every reboot. Any ideas?? 44511