Windows 10: Cannot Get out of Windows 10 S Mode

Discus and support Cannot Get out of Windows 10 S Mode in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So bought a new laptop with Windows S mode. I'd checked beforehand that this can be got rid of easily enough so went a head with the purchase. However... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mory34, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Mory34 Win User

Cannot Get out of Windows 10 S Mode

So bought a new laptop with Windows S mode. I'd checked beforehand that this can be got rid of easily enough so went a head with the purchase.

However every time I try to get Windows 10 Home from the windows store I either get 'try again later' or more usually 'something has gone wrong' . I have tried various different approaches to this (after reading various advice online) but nothing works. This has gone on for days and I'm worried I'm now stuck with a laptop which will only run S mode which is far far to restrictive for my purposes.

Is there any way to get rid it? Cause the windows store is just not letting me.

:)

Mory34, Sep 27, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 27, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 27, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Delta6326, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot Get out of Windows 10 S Mode - Similar Threads - Cannot Mode

2. Cannot Setup Kiosk Mode Assigned Access

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot Setup Kiosk Mode Assigned Access: I have a tablet that I need to setup as kiosk on Microsoft Edge. It was on 1607, but that version did not support Kiosk Mode on MS Edge, so I proceeded to update to version 1909 which at this time is the latest one. So I went once again try enabling Assigned Access but...
  3. Dell Inspiron 11 3000 cannot switch out of Windows 10 S Mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell Inspiron 11 3000 cannot switch out of Windows 10 S Mode: My wife just purchased a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 that came running Windows 10 home S mode. She needs to use google chrome for her work and because of S mode cannot install. We tried to switch it in the store and when we press the blue get button it changes to gray then back to...
  4. cannot get out of windows safe mode

cannot get out of windows safe mode: pressed the get button nothing happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-get-out-of-windows-safe-mode/ee25ffc3-49e3-4ab4-8208-221cb9bef4ec
  5. Cannot switch out of Windows 10 s mode

Cannot switch out of Windows 10 s mode: Just got a windows surface laptop refurbished. Has Windows 10s . Have tried all the options to switch out and still no luck. Microsoft store lets me push the GET button but nothing happens. Trying anything around the command prompt is blocked because of S mode....
  6. Cannot switch out of S mode

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot switch out of S mode: The get button turns grey and then back to blue, have tried multiple fixes and nothing has worked. I can't even get the "Windows malicious Software removal tool" update cause it always fails. We just got the surface go from best buy, didn't expect it to be this troublesome. I...
  7. Cannot switch out of S Mode, This has rendered my computer useless for work

Cannot switch out of S Mode, This has rendered my computer useless for work: The "Get" button at the "Switch out of S Mode" page in the Microsoft Store does nothing. I cannot install my productivity apps. This has rendered my computer completely useless. I cannot believe Microsoft has this setup to block non-Windows made apps. My videoconferencing,...
  8. i cannot switched out from window 10 s mode

i cannot switched out from window 10 s mode: please help me to get out of window 10 s mode . It does allow me to use other important apps and softwares. and when I go to Microsoft store and click to GET then it wont get downloaded on my pc.please find some solution .look at this image and decide what to do and comment...
  9. cannot get out of s mode. "get" is greyed out

cannot get out of s mode. "get" is greyed out: cannot get out of s mode. running widows 10 home. "get" button is greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-get-out-of-s-mode-get-is-greyed-out/1cba1473-a8e8-4446-84b8-d51e0c9217f2
  10. Cannot get out of S mode with HP computer

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot get out of S mode with HP computer: It is 2020 and I bought my computer. I cannot get out of S mode, following the steps though Settings, Updates & Security, Activation, Go To Store, Get= "Try again Later", something happened. I was able to load Chrome once, but now I cannot use it. This seemed to be a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot get out of s mode