Windows 10: Cannot get past first page

Discus and support Cannot get past first page in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; When I turn my computer on, it will not allow the camera to see me and automatically sign me in. How do I make the camera see me? I probably have a... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by PattiFlynnHeimsness, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Cannot get past first page

When I turn my computer on, it will not allow the camera to see me and automatically sign me in. How do I make the camera see me?

I probably have a password, but I cannot recall it. Can I access the password so I can write it down.

I have tried to guess the password, but for some reason it will not allow me to even TYPE in that box. How can I make it accept my typing?

Is there a tutorial to help with these issues? I am using a DeLL Inspiron laptop.

Thank you.

:)

PattiFlynnHeimsness, Sep 10, 2019
  2. JATownes Win User

Best thermal paste

Most decent thermal paste is about all the same (1-2 degree difference). Without knowing the two listed, (I use MX-2), I would suggest going with the one that is non-conductive.

JATownes, Sep 10, 2019
  3. Help with heat sink thermal paste for h100i 1800x

Use the paste you brought. Also I would have suggest artic x4 unless yours is better but yes use yours.

Actually check the temp with the factory standard factory paste first and list the temps

SanityGaming, Sep 10, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Cannot get past first page

how do I copy and paste

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What is the exact issue that you’re facing?

• Are you not able to copy or paste the files?

• What exactly happens when you try to copy the files?

• Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• To copy
      Ctrl + C
    • To Paste ctrl + V
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/keyboard-shortcuts

Reply with necessary information so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards

Arun B J, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

Cannot get past first page

1. Cannot get past first page - Similar Threads - Cannot past page

2. Cannot get to start page

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot get to start page: Today, when I tried to get on my laptop, the window in which you enter your password did not and will not come up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-get-to-start-page/8c553ca1-4c20-4ff9-8695-8e620ace1297
  3. Windows 10 - cannot get past Log in

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 - cannot get past Log in: Hi My PC was working fine for about 20mins this morning until it froze. Since then i have been unable to get passed the log in screen (circular dots keep spinning). This had happened yesterday and resolved itself with a restart. Today I have spent numerous hours...
  4. PC cannot get past startup/reset/restore

PC cannot get past startup/reset/restore: So after a recent Win 10 update my laptop became slower and slower until disk usage maxed out at 100%. I followed the usual troubleshooting tutorials, used the Media Creation tool which failed to reinstall Windows 10, ran chkdsk, scannow, and DISM restorehealth and the...
  5. computer doesn't accept password unable to get past the signin page

in Windows 10 Customization
    computer doesn't accept password unable to get past the signin page: I had the computer off for several days. I turned it on this afternoon and when it came to page for my password, I froze and tried to think what it was since i don't need to sign in with one on my laptop. I finally put in password and it kept saying it was the wrong password....
  6. Re: I cannot get past windows login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Re: I cannot get past windows login screen: When the login screen appears it also says I forgot password. I have tried to retrieve my password but that doesn't work. Eventually I got a black screen with the windows symbol date time etc at the bottom but unable to click on any of them. At the side of the...
  7. I can't get past windows 10 sign in page

in Windows 10 Support
    I can't get past windows 10 sign in page: When I turn on my computer it loads up and starts Windows, the sign in page comes up with the date, clock, and icon resembling a monitor. Normal. Unfortunately when I click on the monitor icon (or anywhere for that matter), my personal icon, my name, and the field for the...
  8. Dell laptop cannot get past "Hi There" settings screen

Dell laptop cannot get past "Hi There" settings screen: I tried to reset my laptop and now when I try to set it up, I cant get past the "Hi there" settings screen that asks for country, language, keyboard layout, and time zone. I hit next and then use express settings and the computer gives me the spinning white dots and then...
  9. Cannot paste files ...

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot paste files ...: Hello Gang, I have a work system, and the issue as in existence on 7 prior to my upgrade today, but I wanted to bounce this off the community. Ok, I cannot paste files. If I have a folder open on the desktop and want to right click and do it, or by KB, I just don't get...
  10. Can't get past sign in page when computer is sleeping

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't get past sign in page when computer is sleeping: Following the last updates I can no longer get my computer to wake up without shutting it off and restarting it. Why? Thank you so much you folks are so helpful to a Nana that knows so little about computers. 20159