Windows 10: Cannot get past the sign in on the lock screen!

Discus and support Cannot get past the sign in on the lock screen! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; HELP! After downloading and installing important updates yesterday i have been faced with the following message on the blue screen: 'The User... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Chrissie4224, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Cannot get past the sign in on the lock screen!

HELP!

After downloading and installing important updates yesterday i have been faced with the following message on the blue screen:

'The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in

User profile cannot be loaded'

I have tried using my Pin to sign-in and that failed. I have tried using my Microsoft Account password to sign-in and that wasn't recognised. I tried changing my password which was done after being verified using an authenticator app on my phone. No luck there either. The caps lock and numbers lock are off.

How can i get round this? I need to access my laptop ASAP to do important work! Please help.

:)

Chrissie4224, Mar 20, 2020
  2. dacrone Win User

different lock screen and sign in screen?

Step 2b is labeled as Change the Login Screen Image, but the steps show you how to change the Lock Screen image. Step 2a is irrelevant. It only tells you how to change the desktop background.

What I want to do:
    Set Spotlight as the LOCK Screen Image(s) - Done
    Set the Win 10 Hero Image as the SIGN IN Screen Image - This is the one that shows after you click on the lock screen and you are able to type your password. If I uncheck "Show Lock Screen Image on Sign In Screen", it shows a solid blue background behind my Password box and user image. This is what I want to change to the Hero Image....

dacrone, Mar 20, 2020
  3. rmanasa Win User
    Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Mar 20, 2020
  4. Cannot get past the sign in on the lock screen!

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

Cannot get past the sign in on the lock screen! [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

Cannot get past the sign in on the lock screen!

1. Cannot get past the sign in on the lock screen! - Similar Threads - Cannot past sign

2. Can't get past lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get past lock screen: I have put in the correct pin for my PC and then it shows that it is loading the home screen and doesn't advance. It just stays loading and never changes. I have restarted the PC several times and nothing seems to work....
  3. Can't get past lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't get past lock screen: I have put in the correct pin for my PC and then it shows that it is loading the home screen and doesn't advance. It just stays loading and never changes. I have restarted the PC several times and nothing seems to work....
  4. Cannot get past sign in

Cannot get past sign in: I have been unable to sign into my computer.. did a restore and a reset but seems to be the Microsoft sign in and won’t even let me change user https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-get-past-sign-in/79d10603-eeb4-4b67-9772-2f888df2738f
  5. Cannot get past sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot get past sign in: I have been unable to sign into my computer.. did a restore and a reset but seems to be the Microsoft sign in and won’t even let me change user https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-get-past-sign-in/79d10603-eeb4-4b67-9772-2f888df2738f
  6. Cannot get past sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Can't get past lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't get past lock screen: Hi there- I can't log into my HP Windows 10 laptop, I haven't used it in a long time and can't find the password. I don't have the recovery disk it's asking for so what do I do now? When I turn it on it comes up with my User ID populated prompting me for the password. Thanks...
  8. Can't get past lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get past lock screen: Hi there- I can't log into my HP Windows 10 laptop, I haven't used it in a long time and can't find the password. I don't have the recovery disk it's asking for so what do I do now? When I turn it on it comes up with my User ID populated prompting me for the password. Thanks...
  9. Can't get past lock screen

10. Cannot get past the welcome screen.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot get past the welcome screen.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Ookgluk32 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eac6xb/cannot_get_past_the_welcome_screen/