Windows 10: Cannot get past the welcome screen after a windows 10 reset

Discus and support Cannot get past the welcome screen after a windows 10 reset in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had to reset my pc, I choose reset & keep my files, after the reset, the pc got to the welcome screen but said I needed internet to enter my password... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Michael1620, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Cannot get past the welcome screen after a windows 10 reset

I had to reset my pc, I choose reset & keep my files, after the reset, the pc got to the welcome screen but said I needed internet to enter my password or pin. it stated NO INTERNET, the welcome screen internet icon showed me as connected but with no internet, the welcome screen also opens without the power button on the lower right corner of the screen. I checked & reset both my router and modem several times, I tried both wifi and a direct ethernet connection, all to no avail, several other items in my home, both wifi & ethernet connected to the internet just fine, I am at a loss as to what to do, all my files are on this pc and i'd hate to lose them

is it possible that the reset somehow disabled the network adapter on this pc during the reset?

Please help

:)

Michael1620, Nov 27, 2019
  2. Guest1 Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Guest1, Nov 27, 2019
  3. Guest2 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

Guest2, Nov 27, 2019
  4. Guest3 Win User

Cannot get past the welcome screen after a windows 10 reset

Black screen after trying to reset back to factory settings. (Windows 10)

Hi Simen,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with black screen issue on Windows 10 . I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings or display driver is corrupt.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "reset my computer back to factory settings", are you referring that you have tried to perform rolling back to previous Operating System or performed Reset of Windows 10?
    • Are you able to see Windows 10 logo when you switch on the computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the Microsoft Help Article about troubleshooting on black screen related issues and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Please get back to us with an update on black screen issue with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Guest3, Nov 27, 2019
Thema:

Cannot get past the welcome screen after a windows 10 reset

1. Cannot get past the welcome screen after a windows 10 reset - Similar Threads - Cannot past welcome

2. Can’t get past welcome screen no matter what

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t get past welcome screen no matter what: I can’t get past the welcome loading screen screen and if I take to long on the screen before it, it freezes, boot options troubleshoot doesn’t show advanced items the command prompt I’ve tried everything there. And I’ve logged in during the brokenness and I used advanced...
  3. Can’t get past welcome screen no matter what

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t get past welcome screen no matter what: I can’t get past the welcome loading screen screen and if I take to long on the screen before it, it freezes, boot options troubleshoot doesn’t show advanced items the command prompt I’ve tried everything there. And I’ve logged in during the brokenness and I used advanced...
  4. I cannot get past the welcome screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot get past the welcome screen: My pc can’t get to the password screen. Every time I get to the welcome screen I press space or click my mouse and it dosent go to the bit where I type my password it just goes white for half a second and goes back to the welcome screen. I’ve tried restarting it and doing a...
  5. I cannot get past the welcome screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I cannot get past the welcome screen: My pc can’t get to the password screen. Every time I get to the welcome screen I press space or click my mouse and it dosent go to the bit where I type my password it just goes white for half a second and goes back to the welcome screen. I’ve tried restarting it and doing a...
  6. I cannot get past the welcome screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. I can’t get past the welcome screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can’t get past the welcome screen: When i input my password on my computer’s welcome screen, it acts like it’s been accepted, but suddenly stops and tells me the password is incorrect. The password is CORRECT, but is still not working. I think there is something faulty with the Windows 10 installation, but...
  8. Cannot get past the welcome screen.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot get past the welcome screen.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Ookgluk32 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eac6xb/cannot_get_past_the_welcome_screen/
  9. Cant get past welcome screen to login after a windows 10 update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cant get past welcome screen to login after a windows 10 update: I have a 7 year old home build PC that has worked flawlessly for 7 years...even with windows 10. :) Last week I restarted it because i noticed my browser and a few apps running a bit slow and I had an update waiting on restart. Well after the restart it boots to the...
  10. Can't Get Past Welcome/Login Screen on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Get Past Welcome/Login Screen on Windows 10: Hi, I've got Windows 10 installed on my laptop and everything was fine until this morning when I opened it. I closed it last night so it might have gone into sleep mode, but I definitely did not turn it off. This morning I opened it up and tried to log in. I enter my pin...