Windows 10: Cannot Get Past Windows 10 Loading Screen

Discus and support Cannot Get Past Windows 10 Loading Screen in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi, I've had a really frustrating day trying to get my computer back up and running but I have very little technical knowledge to help me. I built the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by AFrustratedLad, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Cannot Get Past Windows 10 Loading Screen

Hi, I've had a really frustrating day trying to get my computer back up and running but I have very little technical knowledge to help me.

I built the computer myself 4 years ago and it has been running fine in general; however, there have been times where it failed to initiate a boot when I pressed the main power button and I'd be forced to press the reset button to begin the boot sequence.

Over the passed couple of days I had been receiving an occasional red screen warning about unauthorized changes I believe, but the computer still started. I know I should have taken note of the particular warning but, beyond reading it and failing to derive and significant meaning out of it I just hit okay the few times it appeared and everything worked.

The computer has suddenly started taking a lot longer to boot up windows too, it went from maybe 40-45 seconds to close to two minutes on a couple of occasions in the past couple of days.

Today, it refused to complete a boot. Here's what's happening, as best I can describe it. I turn on the computer and the Asus loading screen appears. I can enter my BIOS menu no problem and everything seems to be fine in there, there are no obvious warning signs, fans are working, CPU temperature is consistent etc.

WHen it comes to loading my computer repeatedly comes to the windows loading screen, complete with little wheel turning, and stays there for 20 minutes or so. It then returns an error such as 'PNP watchdog error' (though there was another error brought up twice 'boot device not found'.

Windows tries to launch automatic repair mode, same thing happens, 20 minutes with nothing changing and then tries to boot again and fails again. At no time do I get to a landing page or the option to launch in safe mode etc. just an endless cycle of failed windows loading, failed auto repair, and back to failed loading until I manually power it down.

In trying to rectify the problem, my first hope was that it was my SSD boot drive. I removed it, cloned it on my laptop using AOMEI and tried the new SSD, unfortunately I got the exact same problem. I then settled to do a fresh install to fix the problem, made a flash drive from the laptop and then... it got stuck on the ASUS loading screen with the same little turning wheel underneath for 20 minutes before finally delivering a 'PNP watchdog error' back to me again.

I'm at my wit's end and I'm hoping someone more knowledgeable than me can even tell me what the most likely problem is so I can go about fixing it as I'm completely out of ideas. If it's not the CPU, not the motherboard, not the SSD, and not the windows installation, what can it be? Should I remove the graphics card?

Many many thanks to anyone who can shed any light at all for me.

Ev

:)

AFrustratedLad, Jan 14, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 14, 2020
  3. Nick259 Win User
    Friends computer freezing at windows loading screen

Ok my friend is having problems with his computer right now. Basically it crashed on the windows loading screen. This is what he told me on MSN.

Now i'm not too sure what the problem is. I suggested doing a repair install with the xp disk (i'll be giving him that tomorrow) but in the mean time do any of you have any ideas?

Nick259, Jan 14, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Cannot Get Past Windows 10 Loading Screen

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

Cannot Get Past Windows 10 Loading Screen

1. Cannot Get Past Windows 10 Loading Screen - Similar Threads - Cannot Past Loading

2. Cannot get past a black screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot get past a black screen: When I try to open the advanced start up settings my computer blue screens and saids “your pc has ran into a problem and needs to restart” which doesn’t restart but turn off my computers I can not get into safe mode either. My computer blue screened while I was playing a game...
  3. Cannot get past a black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot get past a black screen: When I try to open the advanced start up settings my computer blue screens and saids “your pc has ran into a problem and needs to restart” which doesn’t restart but turn off my computers I can not get into safe mode either. My computer blue screened while I was playing a game...
  4. Cannot get past a black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot get past the windows login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot get past the windows login screen: Ever since my windows 10 updated yesterday, I cannot get past the Windows login. I enter the pin and I get "Your credentials could not be verified". It will not let me click "set up my pin". I have changed my password on that screen and when it starts to boot, it stops and...
  6. Cannot get past the windows login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot get past the windows login screen: Ever since my windows 10 updated yesterday, I cannot get past the Windows login. I enter the pin and I get "Your credentials could not be verified". It will not let me click "set up my pin". I have changed my password on that screen and when it starts to boot, it stops and...
  7. Cannot get past the windows login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Cannot get past the screen saaver

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot get past the screen saaver: I cannot get past the screensaver. Normally I select ALT/CTRL/DELETE to get me to the screen when I enter my sign on. This is not working, ALT/CTRL/DELETE is not allowing me to get to the next screen and log in...
  9. Cannot get past the welcome screen.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot get past the welcome screen.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Ookgluk32 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eac6xb/cannot_get_past_the_welcome_screen/
  10. Can't get past ASUS loading screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't get past ASUS loading screen: I had turned on my laptop and gotten passed the loading screen, but the laptop ended up freezing so I shut it off. Now, I can't get passed the loading screen. I got into the BIOS menu, and had no clue what to do with it. I've tried accessing the Advanced settings menu but it...