Windows 10: Cannot get program to work

Discus and support Cannot get program to work in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to update Ultimate Windows Tweaker, but I get an error message that won't let me apply changes. I just reformatted my drive and installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by donnyb, Aug 4, 2020.

1. donnyb Win User

Cannot get program to work

I am trying to update Ultimate Windows Tweaker, but I get an error message that won't let me apply changes. I just reformatted my drive and installed Win10. The error message is shown below:

System.Security.SecurityException: The user does not have the requested permissions.
    at ah.a(RegistryKey A_0, String A_1, String A_2, Object A_3, RegistryValueKind A_4)
    at t.b(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)

I added GPEDIT.MSC because it was not installed on my computer, but I am at a loss as to what to do next. Any ideas?

:)

donnyb, Aug 4, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Cannot get program to work

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

keep us posted. i'll be interested in this as i've been wanting to do one for a while.

Chicken Patty, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Cannot get program to work

1. Cannot get program to work - Similar Threads - Cannot program

2. Windows cannot find C Program -...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot find C Program -...: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cannot-find-c-program/8f713d7e-2719-4a6f-9f0c-778ecaa926b3Hello, I have a user with the same issue: uninstalling HP Command does not solve the problem. In my case, I uninstalled the myHP software from the device...
  3. Windows cannot find C Program -...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows cannot find C Program -...: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cannot-find-c-program/8f713d7e-2719-4a6f-9f0c-778ecaa926b3Hello, I have a user with the same issue: uninstalling HP Command does not solve the problem. In my case, I uninstalled the myHP software from the device...
  4. Windows cannot find C Program -...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Leaving W11 Insider program resulted in W11 re-install that cannot be activated Error...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Leaving W11 Insider program resulted in W11 re-install that cannot be activated Error...: Leaving the W11 Insider Preview program resulted in re-installing W11 Pro. Now I cannot activate and get Error 0x803 FABBA. Ir seems the system thinks I've changed hardware but it's the same system as before and after the Insider Program. Troubleshooter loops back pointlessly...
  6. Leaving W11 Insider program resulted in W11 re-install that cannot be activated Error...

Leaving W11 Insider program resulted in W11 re-install that cannot be activated Error...: Leaving the W11 Insider Preview program resulted in re-installing W11 Pro. Now I cannot activate and get Error 0x803 FABBA. Ir seems the system thinks I've changed hardware but it's the same system as before and after the Insider Program. Troubleshooter loops back pointlessly...
  7. Windows 11 now on startup cannot open any programs, settings, or home menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 now on startup cannot open any programs, settings, or home menu: Recently after restarting my PC Windows is stuck on not being able to open essentially anything, I tried a system restore to fix it didn't work though. I really don't want to reinstall but this has already happened to me last week on windows 10...
  8. Windows 11 now on startup cannot open any programs, settings, or home menu

Windows 11 now on startup cannot open any programs, settings, or home menu: Recently after restarting my PC Windows is stuck on not being able to open essentially anything, I tried a system restore to fix it didn't work though. I really don't want to reinstall but this has already happened to me last week on windows 10...
  9. start icon does not show up on my task bar and cannot access my programs or apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    start icon does not show up on my task bar and cannot access my programs or apps: cannot access start menu; cannot access programs, apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-icon-does-not-show-up-on-my-task-bar-and/f9b0aadd-fdd7-443c-b0e2-50d4d8d35b9b
  10. start icon does not show up on my task bar and cannot access my programs or apps

start icon does not show up on my task bar and cannot access my programs or apps: cannot access start menu; cannot access programs, apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-icon-does-not-show-up-on-my-task-bar-and/f9b0aadd-fdd7-443c-b0e2-50d4d8d35b9b