Windows 10: Cannot get resolution right on tv monitor connected to pc

Discus and support Cannot get resolution right on tv monitor connected to pc in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have temporarily connected a 22 inch LCD tv monitor( until i get a new one) to pc via HDMI lead but i cannot get resolution set right.The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by treblefree, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Cannot get resolution right on tv monitor connected to pc

I have temporarily connected a 22 inch LCD tv monitor( until i get a new one) to pc via HDMI lead but i cannot get resolution set right.The recoommended native makes the taskbar disappear of screen and the desktop icons are barely visible on left side of screen.
    I have tried various resolution settings but all are no good apart from one which makes the desktop look like like a laptop screen.

I have reset Windows 10 and updated Intel Graphic Card drivers to the latest but still resolution cannot be set correctly for monitor and used a VGA lead aswell.

Is it because you need a proper pc monitor to have correct resolution ?

:)

treblefree, Mar 2, 2016

2. what is the correct screen resolution for a toshiba 40 inch tv with windows 10? I'm trying to connect through my sound bar and i get a "unsupported video" error message

I just had windows 10 reinstalled due to technical issues. unfortunately, the resolution is now set for a pc monitor. I need to get the proper resolution to connect the pc to a 40 inch Toshiba tv and a Samsung soundbar

JLindeman71, Mar 2, 2016
  3. Mode not supported when streaming using a hdmi cable to a samsung tv.

I'm sure that the issue is the resolution. After you connect to the TV and the TV on the right input for that HDMI cable, go to your Windows display settings and highlight that monitor that the top of the screen (use the identify button
    if you don't know which one is the TV) and then set the resolution to something that all HDMI TV's can handle, such as 1024x768 or 1080

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Mar 2, 2016
  4. Wullail Win User

Cannot get resolution right on tv monitor connected to pc

It could just be either that the TV isn't communicating the available resolutions back to the card or that the card just can't display a screen in the resolution that the TV has available to fill the screen.

Does the TV have an 'adaptive' resolution under settings? , mine does and adjusts itself to fit the signal being fed from the PC.

Wullail, Mar 2, 2016
  5. Thanks for reply..no the tv does not have any adaptive resolution setting. I think i'll buy a proper pc monitor

treblefree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Cannot get resolution right on tv monitor connected to pc

1. Cannot get resolution right on tv monitor connected to pc - Similar Threads - Cannot resolution right

2. How to get a picture on tv/monitor with hdmi PC connection?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get a picture on tv/monitor with hdmi PC connection?: My PC worked on my monitor with HDMI connection 2/3 days ago,I am on Windows 10, and haven’t done any updates recently.My problem started today, as I’ve done some rearranging in my home for couple days, and now my PC is refusing to connect to my TV.I’ve tried connecting it to...
  3. How to get a picture on tv/monitor with hdmi PC connection?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get a picture on tv/monitor with hdmi PC connection?: My PC worked on my monitor with HDMI connection 2/3 days ago,I am on Windows 10, and haven’t done any updates recently.My problem started today, as I’ve done some rearranging in my home for couple days, and now my PC is refusing to connect to my TV.I’ve tried connecting it to...
  4. How to get a picture on tv/monitor with hdmi PC connection?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Cannot find TV via Connect in PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot find TV via Connect in PC: Hello All,I have Sony TV A8F, i have been trying to connect my PC via the TV wirelessly but i cannot find it when i try to find it.I found the TV via Bluetooth, Chromecast through Chrome and i also found the TV in network in PC.But i cannot find it as a display when i try to...
  6. Cannot find TV via Connect in PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot find TV via Connect in PC: Hello All,I have Sony TV A8F, i have been trying to connect my PC via the TV wirelessly but i cannot find it when i try to find it.I found the TV via Bluetooth, Chromecast through Chrome and i also found the TV in network in PC.But i cannot find it as a display when i try to...
  7. tv resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    tv resolution: hey tv says not support and everyone say change the resolution on yer computer, how can i change the resolution on my computer if it says not support on my tv and cant see anything but not support..... i cant change any settings cause nothing shows up on my tv to change........
  8. Cannot get full resolution on monitors PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot get full resolution on monitors PLEASE HELP: I have two 4k viewsonic monitors attached to my thinkpad p14s via the thinkpad thunderbolt 3 dock and I cannot get both monitors to display at full resolution, in fact, I don't even have it as an option. When I play around with the settings for a bit I can get one monitor at...
  9. Problem connecting PC to TV (Resolution)

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Problem connecting PC to TV (Resolution): Not sure if this is the correct forum - but here goes: I connected my PC to my TV with an HDMI cable. The only problem is that, on the TV, I lose approximately one row and one column of icons (left, top, right & bottom sides). Is there a way to correct this? Thank you.........
  10. Cannot get screen resolution right using 46" TV, no resolutions work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot get screen resolution right using 46" TV, no resolutions work: I'm using a 46" flatscreen. The proper resolution would be 1920, as this is what I was using before. However, doing so cuts off the edges of the screen(large enough portions to make using Windows difficult). I tried switching to some other resolutions(as well as, of course,...