Windows 10: Cannot get rid of the watermark "activate windows"

Discus and support Cannot get rid of the watermark "activate windows" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have my computer for four years now and this is the first time this watermark "activate windows" shows. I try to check for solution but all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jtanner5, Jun 20, 2022.

1. Jtanner5 Win User

Cannot get rid of the watermark "activate windows"

Hello, I have my computer for four years now and this is the first time this watermark "activate windows" shows. I try to check for solution but all the help that I found only temporarily fix the issue and it will come back after a while. It's kinda annoying since I have this computer for a long time and should be activated.

:)

Jtanner5, Jun 20, 2022

2. Activate Windows Watermark

Hi Duncan,

The Windows activation watermark is usually appearing if the activation servers detect that a device is not activated. For further help with activating your copy of Windows 10, visit this
    link. If the same issue persists after performing the troubleshooting suggestions on the link, follow these steps:

• Using Cortana, type Notepad and then click on Notepad (Desktop app).
    • Type the following commands in Notepad:
      • @Echo off

taskkill /F /IM explorer.exe

explorer.exe

exit
        Cannot get rid of the watermark "activate windows" c725ce4e-b96c-420a-b767-3ff38944c7c2?upload=true.png

• Save the file and name it as Activation.bat.

• Change the Save as type to All files.

• Locate the file, right-click on it and then choose Run as Administrator.

• After running the file, restart your computer and then check if the same issue persists.

Let us know if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Jun 20, 2022
  3. wu-tang Win User
    Can't permenantly get rid of "Activate Windows" watermark

I started on a clean install of Windows 10 on a new home PC build last year using one of the public keys available. Since then there have been several times that I've needed to reinstall Windows when I ran into problems and everything has been fine.

A couple weeks ago I needed to reinstall again and did as I have before. Only now there is the ever-present

"Activate Windows

Go to Settings to activate Windows."

watermark. I go into settings and click activate but I get red error text "Windows can't activate right now. Try activation later. If that doesn't work, contact your system administrator. Error code: 0x8007232B"

The only way to get rid of it is to go to Settings->Update & Security->Windows Update where I have a bulletin

"There's a problem with getting preview builds...

• Your preview build settings need attention. Go to Advanced options to fix this issue."
    When I go to advanced options underneath "Get Insider Preview builds" and my microsoft account it says

"Your security settings need attention to get Insider Preview Builds" with a box saying "Fix me" beneath

Clicking the box displays a message box saying "Your security settings need attention. We need to change security settings on your device so you can get Insider Preview builds. We'll fix this right now, then you'll need to restart your device"

I confirm and restart the PC. When it reboots the watermark is gone! However after several hours the watermark will reappear and the cycle restarts which is very annoying. I've tried activating through command prompt and even get "Successfully activated!"
    message but the watermark remains. How can I get rid of this watermark for good?

wu-tang, Jun 20, 2022
  4. iboy55 Win User

Activate Windows watermark - cant get rid of it!!!!!!!!!!!

Cannot get rid of the watermark "activate windows" [​IMG]

iboy55, Jun 20, 2022
Thema:

1. Cannot get rid of the watermark "activate windows" - Similar Threads - Cannot rid watermark

2. Cannot get rid of the watermark "activate windows"

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot get rid of the watermark "activate windows": Hello, I have my computer for four years now and this is the first time this watermark "activate windows" shows. I try to check for solution but all the help that I found only temporarily fix the issue and it will come back after a while. It's kinda annoying since I have this...
  3. Cannot get rid of the watermark "activate windows"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot get rid of the watermark "activate windows": Hello, I have my computer for four years now and this is the first time this watermark "activate windows" shows. I try to check for solution but all the help that I found only temporarily fix the issue and it will come back after a while. It's kinda annoying since I have this...
  4. Cannot get rid of "Activate Windows" watermark

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot get rid of "Activate Windows" watermark: The other day a watermark saying "Activate Windows" has popped up that was never there before. I've owned this computer for at least four years and it's never shown this before. I've tried looking for various solutions on the internet including running .bat files and using...
  5. Cannot get rid of "Activate Windows" watermark

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot get rid of "Activate Windows" watermark: The other day a watermark saying "Activate Windows" has popped up that was never there before. I've owned this computer for at least four years and it's never shown this before. I've tried looking for various solutions on the internet including running .bat files and using...
  6. Cannot get rid of "Activate Windows" watermark

7. getting watermark to activate windows

getting watermark to activate windows: Have had windows 10 since the free upgrade when it was released in 2015. In the past week there is a water mark saying to activate windows. I have tried to enter the product key that is on this computer and am told it is not good. I think this happened when the lastest update...
  8. How do I get rid of the "Activate Windows" watermark

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get rid of the "Activate Windows" watermark: I just want to get rid of the watermark. it's really annoying. and I hate it submitted by /u/MalanaoWalanao [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ivw4qw/how_do_i_get_rid_of_the_activate_windows_watermark/
  9. Getting rid of Windows 10 "Activate Windows" watermark on fully activated laptop

Getting rid of Windows 10 "Activate Windows" watermark on fully activated laptop: The title says it all really. A couple of months back, the "Activate windows" watermark appeared on the desktop (bottom right hand corner) of my MSI laptop, which came with windows 10 preinstalled. I did as it says and went to activation settings. The first few times, it...
  10. Activate Windows watermark - cant get rid of it!!!!!!!!!!!

Activate Windows watermark - cant get rid of it!!!!!!!!!!!: I have had windows 10 since the free update and have had no problems with activating it. it has worked flawlessly with no problems (maybe a few but that's besides the point) and have never had to deal with this stupid "activate windows" watermark. Now out of the blue i have...