Windows 10: Cannot get screen resolution right using 46" TV, no resolutions work

Discus and support Cannot get screen resolution right using 46" TV, no resolutions work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm using a 46" flatscreen. The proper resolution would be 1920, as this is what I was using before. However, doing so cuts off the edges of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by rlewis, Jul 30, 2015.

1. rlewis Win User

Cannot get screen resolution right using 46" TV, no resolutions work

I'm using a 46" flatscreen. The proper resolution would be 1920, as this is what I was using before. However, doing so cuts off the edges of the screen(large enough portions to make using Windows difficult). I tried switching to some other resolutions(as well as, of course, playing with the Aspect on my TV) but nothing works. This is very aggravating, since it seems that this new version of Windows doesn't support this screen or something. I hope this can be fixed, otherwise I don't know what to do besides go back to Windows 8(and frankly I'm not sure how to do that, either, since I don't have the Windows 8 disc but only the OS prepackaged on the system).

Thanks for any help,
    Richard

:)

rlewis, Jul 30, 2015
  2. ericsen28 Win User

Screen Mirroring with Windows 10

What kind of adjustments?

I went into the display properties (right clicked on desktop - clicked on graphic properties) and adjusted the resolution for my monitor and my Samsung TV. Initially when I was able to mirror the monitor did not show full screen. I needed to adjust the resolution
    so the monitor correctly displayed the right resolution.

ericsen28, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Issues with Microsoft Treasure Hunt and Windows 10

What screen resolution do you have?

I also have the problem on a laptop with native resolution 1600x900. If I do a remote desktop session to the notebook in 1920x1080, the problem is gone. Also, on a desktop PC with native resolution 1920x1080 I do not have the problem.

So I guess, it is a problem with resolutions other than 1920x1080. In the latter resolution, it seems to work fine as of December, 19th, 2015. Cannot get screen resolution right using 46" TV, no resolutions work :)

Best regards

Michael

Michael(K), Jul 30, 2015
  4. rlewis Win User

I had to create a custom aspect ratio to get it to work. Probably not the best way to do it but couldn't find any other solutions. Thanks for all the great help.

rlewis, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

1. Cannot get screen resolution right using 46" TV, no resolutions work - Similar Threads - Cannot screen resolution

2. tv resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    tv resolution: hey tv says not support and everyone say change the resolution on yer computer, how can i change the resolution on my computer if it says not support on my tv and cant see anything but not support..... i cant change any settings cause nothing shows up on my tv to change........
  3. Screen resolution cannot be changed?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen resolution cannot be changed?: My screen resolution cannot be changed in the settings. I have already tried to update all drivers, have sent the graphics card in for repair twice, but this error does not occur in the workshop. At the PC I have already changed all components except the hard disk, the...
  4. Screen Resolution issue when using TV as a monitor

Screen Resolution issue when using TV as a monitor: Hi, I have connected a 26 inch TV as a monitor for my Windows 10 Desktop PC. The screen image appears too large with part of the Task Bar just barely showing on the bottom. I need to reduce the size of the screen image. How do I do this? ***Original title: Windows...
  5. TV screen resolution

TV screen resolution: Hello, I cracked the LCD on my laptop, so thru HDMI, I hooked it up to my TV. I need to make it so the resolution fits the TV. the max res im getting on the tv is 1920x1080. the tv is full HD 1080p. is my computer not compatible? Thanks, Tyla...
  6. Screen Resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen Resolution: Hello, My Dell U3818DW is running Windows 10. This monitor is connected to NVIDIA NVS 510, which max resolution is 3840x2160. In display settings the highest resolution it lets me pick is 1920x1080. Windows help suggest I update my graphics driver, but Windows Update...
  7. Screen resolution

Screen resolution: Hello How do I change the screen resolution to 1600 x 900 in windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/screen-resolution/0e331887-527d-4cb1-875c-e3a070c88589
  8. 4k tv resolution issue

4k tv resolution issue: I'm running an LG 4k UHD tv with a GTX 1080. The first day I brought it home I was able to set the proper 3840x2160 resolution but then I updated the driver. Now anytime I set that resolution, starting from the standard 1920x1080, I get a black screen. It's not the TV...
  9. Cannot get resolution right on tv monitor connected to pc

Cannot get resolution right on tv monitor connected to pc: I have temporarily connected a 22 inch LCD tv monitor( until i get a new one) to pc via HDMI lead but i cannot get resolution set right.The recoommended native makes the taskbar disappear of screen and the desktop icons are barely visible on left side of screen. I have tried...
  10. custom screen resolution not working to fit my tv monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    custom screen resolution not working to fit my tv monitor: Hello friends, I have just upgraded to Windows 10 and my screen is too big for my television monitor that I am using. Usually I just go to display settings and choose advanced settings in order to customize the size, but in this particular case I do not have the custom bar...