Windows 10: Cannot get secondary monitor to detect for duel screens.

Discus and support Cannot get secondary monitor to detect for duel screens. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have the following setup: OS: Windows 10 version 1909 OS-build: 18363.657 GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/subless, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Cannot get secondary monitor to detect for duel screens.

I have the following setup:

OS-build: 18363.657

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core

Primary Monitor: AOC 24G1WG4

Secondary Monitor: AOC e950Swn(1950w)

My secondary monitor will not wake from sleep mode no matter what. It works just fine on my Windows 7 setup. I've updated all drivers from the items listed above but still nothing. When I navigate to the Display settings on windows 10 it will show that I have a second smaller monitor and allow me to set settings for it but when I click Detect is states it cannot detect a second monitor. I even shutdown my computer and plugged in the secondary monitor and unplugged the primary but still will not wake up from sleep mode.

I don't know what else to try after trying most tutorials online.

submitted by /u/subless
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/subless, Feb 29, 2020
  2. Colly173 Win User

Connecting to duel monitors

I'm trying to connect my work laptop (at home) to duel monitors. I have an hdmi cable from the laptop to a splitter, then two hdmi cables from the splitter into each of the monitors. However the monitors are both showing the same image, whereas I wanted
    this to be extended. It is identifying screen one as the laptop, and the monitors are showing as screen two. I have to have the laptop open for this to happen, if I close the laptop it only detects one screen. How can I change this so the monitors are showing
    as screen one and two?

Colly173, Feb 29, 2020
  3. duel monitors

I upgraded to windows 10 and not my duel monitors do not work? do I have to reinstall a driver?

LeonardLong, Feb 29, 2020
  4. Cannot get secondary monitor to detect for duel screens.

Second monitor not detected after update

Hi Tom,

There are several reasons that could have caused the issue you are experiencing. One of these is the update you previously performed in Windows, either it was not configured properly by the system or the update components were corrupted. Kindly answer the
    following questions for clarification:

• Have you tried updating the monitor and display drivers?
    • Have you tried to use another user profile to check if the issue re-occurs?

Furthermore, we suggest that you add the other monitor manually. This is to ensure that the second monitor is still connected after the update. Here are the steps:

• Type connected devices and open Connected Devices on the
      Windows Search bar.
    • Click Add devices.
    • Select the Second screen.
    • Pick one of the 3 options: Duplicate, Extend, and the Second screen only.
    • The Duplicate option will duplicate the primary display to secondary display.
    • The Extend option will unite two monitors so you can use them both as one.
    • The Second screen only option will, obviously, disable primary and use only the secondary monitor.
    • Once you’ve chosen the preferred mode, save changes.

We're looking forward to your response.

PreciousLeb, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

Cannot get secondary monitor to detect for duel screens.

1. Cannot get secondary monitor to detect for duel screens. - Similar Threads - Cannot secondary monitor

2. Windows 11 not detecting secondary monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not detecting secondary monitor: My windows 11 PC is not detecting the secondary new monitor that I bought. Both my monitors are Dell S2721HN. I'm able to connect both the monitors independently to the CPU. However, I'm not able to establish a connection between both monitors as an extended display via HDMI....
  3. Windows 11 not detecting secondary monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 not detecting secondary monitor: My windows 11 PC is not detecting the secondary new monitor that I bought. Both my monitors are Dell S2721HN. I'm able to connect both the monitors independently to the CPU. However, I'm not able to establish a connection between both monitors as an extended display via HDMI....
  4. Duel Monitors help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duel Monitors help: I'm trying to set up a second monitor with my laptop. However, in my settings, I got accidentally combined them. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duel-monitors-help/2099739a-23bd-454b-a352-ce261a37bd6c
  5. Duel Monitors help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duel Monitors help: I'm trying to set up a second monitor with my laptop. However, in my settings, I got accidentally combined them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duel-monitors-help/2099739a-23bd-454b-a352-ce261a37bd6c
  6. Duel Monitors help

in Windows 10 Customization
    Duel Monitors help: I'm trying to set up a second monitor with my laptop. However, in my settings, I got accidentally combined them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duel-monitors-help/2099739a-23bd-454b-a352-ce261a37bd6c
  7. Duel Monitor issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Duel Monitor issue: Windows 10 64bit about a week ago crashed to the extentthat I had to re-install. It is on its own SSD with only those programmes thatare required for the computer to function i.e., monitor – security. All other programmes are downloaded and installed on entirelydifferent...
  8. Duel monitors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Duel monitors: I have recently set up duel monitors, I have one plugged in using a Hdmi and another using a hdmi to a display port, when I try and have the extended monitor it won't register the second screen and the only way to have it register this is to unplug it and plug it back in when...
  9. duel monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    duel monitors: I have a Dell PC. I hooked up a second monitor to the connection right next to where the first monitor was plugged in. The second monitor had a VGA cord. I bought a VGA male to a DVI-D female which plugs into my PC. When I turn on computer I get no signal on second monitor....
  10. RDP and Duel monitors

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP and Duel monitors: I have a windows 10 pro laptop that has another monitor connected to it. I want to remote desktop to a windows 7 procomputer. Is there a way that I could get both the monitor and laptop to span the remote desktop session? I clicked on use all monitors but that did not work....