Windows 10: Cannot get "slimware/drive update " screens off my desktop (3 weeks).

Discus and support Cannot get "slimware/drive update " screens off my desktop (3 weeks). in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I cannot get the "slimware/drive update " screens off my desktop (3 weeks). I DID NOT accept the update, it's not listed in my apps -- frustrated. How... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mary Jane_069, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Cannot get "slimware/drive update " screens off my desktop (3 weeks).

I cannot get the "slimware/drive update " screens off my desktop (3 weeks). I DID NOT accept the update, it's not listed in my apps -- frustrated. How do I get rid of these two screens & why would you put this in place!?

:)

Mary Jane_069, Aug 14, 2019
  2. Geethu B Win User

How to uninstall software "Driver update" SlimWare Utilities.inc?

Hi Lilien,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I will surely help you.

To uninstall the SlimWare Utilities follow these steps and check if it helps.

You may try to uninstall and reinstall the SlimWare Utilities
    and check if it works. To uninstall the software follow these steps:

• Right-click on
      Start Button and click on Programs and Features.

• Right-click on the
      SlimWare Utilities and click on
      Uninstall.
    Note: Make sure you have the installation media for
    SlimWare Utilities before uninstalling it.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Aug 14, 2019
  3. Is Slimware Updates a legitimate part of Microsoft? Or is it a 3rd party company?

* Original Title: Slimware Driver Updates

1.Is Slimware Updates a legitimate part of Microsoft? Or is it a 3rd party company?

2. Why did it and Slimwares Utilities download with the Windows 10 that was forced on me, and place icons on my Desktop?( Although 10 isn't as bad as I was led to believe it would be.)

3. Why would I need about 18 updated drivers if Windows 10 downloaded only TWO days prior?

4. Also, unrelated to my above question, where is the listing of all installed programs? It used to open automatically when you hovered the mouse at the bottom of the Start Menu. I only see a listing on the Control Panel "Programs" listing to "Uninstall
    or Change" heading. The two lists were different. I'm referring to the "tree"one could open from the Start Menu.

Thanks.

auntijoan1, Aug 14, 2019
  4. Cannot get "slimware/drive update " screens off my desktop (3 weeks).

How do I remove the Slimware Driver Update?

Hi Judith,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me assist you.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity on the issue.

1. Did you remove the program from the Programs and Features?

2. Which driver have you updated using the Slimware program?

3. Are you not able to remove Slimware software or the drivers installed by it?

As Slimware is an application you can uninstall it from the Programs and Features
    on your computer. This will remove the program as well as updates related to the program from the system. Refer the steps below to uninstall the application.

Steps:-

1. Press “Windows Key + X.”

2. Select “Control Panel.”

3. Click on Programs and Features.

4. Right click
    Slimware program then click Uninstall.

5. Follow the on screen instructions and restart the computer.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the below article to uninstall and prevent an update from installing on Windows 10.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930?TEACUPRBBS=8c68e36ffd34a7f4cc95c1656b0df1eb

If device drivers are updated you can try rollback by Device Manager.

Steps:-

1. Press “Windows + X” and select
    Device Manager.

2. Select Driver and expand the driver icon.

3. Right click on the driver icon and click on
    Properties.

4. Go to Driver tab.

5. Select Roll Back Driver.

You may also contact the Slimware support
    for assistance.

https://www.slimwareutilities.com/forum/index.php

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

Cannot get "slimware/drive update " screens off my desktop (3 weeks).

1. Cannot get "slimware/drive update " screens off my desktop (3 weeks). - Similar Threads - Cannot slimware drive

2. Cannot get into my Microsoft account on my desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot get into my Microsoft account on my desktop: I cannot get into my Microsoft account on my desktop. Have followed the steps many times. Can't access help on line 140513
  3. How do I get this off of my desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get this off of my desktop?: The bar in the screenshot: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-this-off-of-my-desktop/192460dc-8bd2-4712-b28e-81ba5b97e259
  4. Desktop screen off center

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop screen off center: My desktop screen is offcenter and thre is a one inch black bar running down the left side. I can't see the volume and time and when in a document, I have to drag it to the left, so I can close it. Anyone know how to fix this?...
  5. SLIMWARE UTILITIES

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SLIMWARE UTILITIES: I recently purchased Slimware Utilities program and I was billed twice and I have no phone number for contact. Please help me with this information. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/slimware-utilities/715e4b63-7d21-49ce-9a62-65e6182e5926
  6. slimware/driverupdate

slimware/driverupdate: I keep getting this popup and do not know how tp stop it. Can u help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/slimwaredriverupdate/d547e63a-6c55-4056-8a45-2ff73448cd8f
  7. Slimware

Slimware: How can I stop the popups from Slimware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/slimware/1eb93c98-8023-4fc0-80df-054596dac4f2
  8. How to get a desktop folder off the desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get a desktop folder off the desktop?: I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I had (and have) a downloads folder under the desktop folder (a subfolder of users) which I use(d) to store video files. As far as I can remember Windows 7 didn't show this folder with its contents on the desktop, Windows 10...
  9. Will I get the update on my desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Will I get the update on my desktop?: I got the Windows10 updated on my 8.1 NextBook today. After my desktop is fixed it will have Windows 7 Ultimate. Will my desktop get the Windows 10 update as it will have Ultimate on it? 15548
  10. My laptop turns off the screen in 2 - 3 minutes.

in Windows 10 Support
    My laptop turns off the screen in 2 - 3 minutes.: This is fairly new behavior. I had changed power options to turn off the screen from 2 hours down to 1 hour when this began. What have I done wrong? I only use the laptop plugged in so I didn't change the battery part of the power option. 99810