Windows 10: Cannot get sound from this online webcam

Discus and support Cannot get sound from this online webcam in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can't decide what category to post this in, so am plonking it here. A small group of us are monitoring webcams focused on barn owls in a Cornish... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by clemenzina, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Cannot get sound from this online webcam

I can't decide what category to post this in, so am plonking it here.

A small group of us are monitoring webcams focused on barn owls in a Cornish barn.

Nestbox with audio = The Barn Owl Trust Nestcam | WildLife TV

(Barn = The Barn Owl Trust Barncam | WildLife TV ... currently sound not transmitted from this cam, but this is where most of the action is taking place, pre-breeding, and the sound is available from the nestbox but out of sync. If nothing's going on, you just hear a hum.)

The nestbox delivers sound, but only one of us watchers is able to hear it, and that's the only one of us who is using Windows7, the rest of us are on Windows10, all different PC models, OS versions and browsers - I've tried Edge, IE11, FF, Opera, Chrome. Oh, and one other can hear it when she's using her Lenovo tablet, which I presume is Android.

Can anyone think of an explanation and hopefully a fix, please? It's so useful to be alerted to the owls' presence by their thumping around the beams *Wink instead of having to be glued to the screen all the time *Sad

:)

clemenzina, Nov 14, 2017

2. Webcam/Camera not working

My webcam has stopped working for the face-detection to log in. I have tried to fix the webcam by following the Microsoft support instructions online, however I can't seem to find 'webcam' under sound, video and game controllers in the device manager.

How can I fix the webcam to get it to work again?

Mariya_832, Nov 14, 2017
  3. Webcam

Hi, I am using Dell inspiron 5559 laptop and it has two webcam drivers installed. One for 3D and one for normal RGB. I am having a problem when using online video calling now. I cannot use Normal RGB webcam for video calling as each time I share this camera,
    my sounds goes mute, or call drops. Is there any solution for this?

KaushalyaRathnayake, Nov 14, 2017
  4. Cannot get sound from this online webcam

What are the model numbers of the camera(s) in use?

It's likely that the camera(s) are using a flash web based application and past Windows 7, nearly every tool has left Adobe Flash for HTML5. Do the Windows 10 machines have Flash installed and enabled in the browser? Your best bet would be to use IE11 in Windows 10.

Masterchiefxx17, Nov 14, 2017
  5. Thank you, Masterchief *Smile

The cams are nothing to do with us. We all have Flash installed and enabled, and other similar cams have audible audio *Wink I already tried IE11, which is already displaying and playing sound from another set of cams using Flash.

'Tis a mystery!

clemenzina, Nov 14, 2017
  6. spunk Win User
    We now have a dedicated email address for all correspondence regarding our owl webcams. Please email L: nestcam@barnowltrust.org.uk for all webcam-related comments. Thank you.

spunk, Nov 14, 2017
  7. I appreciate you looking, Spunk *Smile Can I safely assume that "we" are not "you"?

Please be assured that if the BOT had been able to help us with the problem, they would have. (We had a similar-but-not-the-same problem with the cam from a much bigger charity last season, and the professional outfit running that cam on behalf of the charity was eventually able to fix it, it took more than a few weeks to do so.)

I'm here hoping to mine the knowledge banks of experienced Win10 users, many of whom will know that Win10 has not been as audio-friendly as Win7, and maybe one or two of whom will brilliantly unearth some browser or system settings to allow us to hear chirples/twitters/rasps/screeches/thumps/scrapes (see how much we're missing?!) of these lovely creatures during the bonding phase.

clemenzina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Cannot get sound from this online webcam

1. Cannot get sound from this online webcam - Similar Threads - Cannot sound online

2. Cannot get my PC online

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot get my PC online: Cannot get my PC online. Please assist https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-get-my-pc-online/e5c4442b-67fb-4fe9-8762-faa97893e0f5
  3. Cannot get my PC online

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot get my PC online: Cannot get my PC online. Please assist https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-get-my-pc-online/e5c4442b-67fb-4fe9-8762-faa97893e0f5
  4. cannot get any sound from speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot get any sound from speakers: window 7 Lenovo x201, cannot get any sound from speakers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-get-any-sound-from-speakers/9c4a9277-d2e9-43e2-b995-334e32f52e96
  5. cannot get any sound from speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot get any sound from speakers: window 7 Lenovo x201, cannot get any sound from speakers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-get-any-sound-from-speakers/9c4a9277-d2e9-43e2-b995-334e32f52e96
  6. Sound problem when online

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound problem when online: after updating to windows 11, when online for example when using the whats app application or during a zoom meeting, I have a problem with the sound. my voice can't be heard by the other person because the microphe doesn't work /mute . is there any solution for this problem...
  7. I cannot get any sound from emails

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I cannot get any sound from emails: I cannot get any sound from emails https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound/186d34c1-bc5e-4704-a1c9-ce6f4be2aeb7
  8. Cannot get audio from online web dictionary

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot get audio from online web dictionary: I cannot get audio whenever I click on the button to voice dictionary words from my browser. I reformatted my computer to factory setting and still have the same issue. I've tried edge browser and google browser with no luck. I have audio when listening to music files and I...
  9. Will This get me banned from GTA Online?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will This get me banned from GTA Online?: I was wondering if this mod for gta V will get me banned from GTA online? LINK its a low end mod this guy boasts about this mod bumping his 10 FPS to 30+ and running it on a intel HD, because i dont see 1 reason that gta V should be giving me trouble on my laptop, i can...
  10. Webcam sound very low

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam sound very low: Thank you for taking time to help with my issue.. I have a new Logitceh C270 webcamera. Drivers are installed correctly. Sound settings in Windows 10 Home detects the mic and the green mic indicator works with volume at 100. I have also used mic testing website and they...