Windows 10: Cannot Get Speech Recognition Working on Surface Pro 3 with Windows 10 in Canada

Discus and support Cannot Get Speech Recognition Working on Surface Pro 3 with Windows 10 in Canada in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey all, I can't get the speech recognition working. The following setting only has one select-able option; Choose the language you speak with your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ChrisZard, Feb 28, 2019.

1. ChrisZard Win User

Cannot Get Speech Recognition Working on Surface Pro 3 with Windows 10 in Canada

Hey all,

I can't get the speech recognition working. The following setting only has one select-able option;

Choose the language you speak with your device

English (Canada)

Every time I try to turn Speech Recognition on, I get the following error;

"Speech Recognition could not start because the language configutation is not supported.

The recognizer language must match the language of the user interface. Please change the recognizer language in the Speech Recognition control panel under Advanced Options."

I have tried setting every language to English (Canada) and it doesn't work. I have tried setting the region to United States as well as every available language option to English (United States), except the one listed above, which is locked on English (Canada).

How do I change this setting to get Speech Recognition working?

:)

ChrisZard, Feb 28, 2019

2. Speech Recognition surface pro does not recognize built in microphone

The base testing works but when I try to setup speech recognition it registers no sound at all like it does not

see the microphone.

What gives ,.. surface pro, Windows 10 , speech recognition.. complete failure.

This is my wife's surface pro, but on my old Dell Tablet Venue 11 this works fine.

Kenneth Wilson, Feb 28, 2019
  3. Windows Speech Recognition

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would require more information to help you better.

Are facing any issue with speech recognition?

I would suggest you to follow the steps to see Advance speech options.

• Press Windows+X key on the keyboard
    • Click on control panel
    • Select speech recognition
    • On the left hand pane you will see Advance speech option
    I would also suggest you to refer to the below link:

How to use Speech Recognition

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/using-speech-recognition

(Step applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope this information helps and let us know if you have any further queries related to Windows we will be glad to help you.

Mohammed Yaseer, Feb 28, 2019
  4. Cannot Get Speech Recognition Working on Surface Pro 3 with Windows 10 in Canada

Windows Speech Recognition on surface ppro 3

I cannot setup windows speech recognition on my surface pro , when it asks me to read the line to set it up it does not highlight the next button.

I want to integrate it with a software

Cortana does not do that

Muhammad HaseebKhalid, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

Cannot Get Speech Recognition Working on Surface Pro 3 with Windows 10 in Canada

1. Cannot Get Speech Recognition Working on Surface Pro 3 with Windows 10 in Canada - Similar Threads - Cannot Speech Recognition

2. how to get speech recognition working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to get speech recognition working?: i'm on windows 11 and trying to get speech recognition working but constantly get the error: "speech recognition could not start because the language configuration is not supported"i tried googling but couldn't find a straight/clear answer.the main language a.t.m is still in...
  3. how to get speech recognition working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to get speech recognition working?: i'm on windows 11 and trying to get speech recognition working but constantly get the error: "speech recognition could not start because the language configuration is not supported"i tried googling but couldn't find a straight/clear answer.the main language a.t.m is still in...
  4. Cannot update Windows 10 - Surface Pro 3

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot update Windows 10 - Surface Pro 3: Core Memory Isolation does not stay off after restart. I have tried editing the Registry, REG_DWORD to enforce Code Integrity did not helpUpdated TPM too...
  5. Cannot update Windows 10 - Surface Pro 3

Cannot update Windows 10 - Surface Pro 3: Core Memory Isolation does not stay off after restart. I have tried editing the Registry, REG_DWORD to enforce Code Integrity did not helpUpdated TPM too...
  6. Speech recognition not working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Speech recognition not working.: I really need to get this to work, I keep getting this error message, I also found this post of someone with a similar problem, but just like him I can't get past step 2 since there's nothing on the left. Does anyone know how I can get it to work? submitted by /u/SGKKLNGGZ...
  7. Cannot Get Speech Recognition Working on Surface Pro 3 with Windows 10 in Canada

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot Get Speech Recognition Working on Surface Pro 3 with Windows 10 in Canada: Hey all, I can't get the speech recognition working. The following setting only has one select-able option; Choose the language you speak with your device English (Canada) Every time I try to turn Speech Recognition on, I get the following error; "Speech Recognition...
  8. Windows 10 Speech Recognition Training Is not working

Windows 10 Speech Recognition Training Is not working: I am trying to set up voice recognition for a program I purchased called voice attack. I followed instructions and I have gotten to a Speech Recognition Voice training window. I did the entire thing once, and it completely failed. It could not recognize a single word I said,...
  9. Cannot get speech recognition to work.

Cannot get speech recognition to work.: This has nothing to do with Cortana. That actually works just fine. I'm talking about the basic speech recognition software built into Windows 10. I've been working on and off with this for over a month now and still cannot get it to work. I have the microphone icon pinned to...
  10. Can anyone get speech recognition to work?

Can anyone get speech recognition to work?: I HAVE SPENT COUNTLESS HOURS IN TRYING TO GET SR TO WORK. iT APPEARS TO BE LISTENING, BUT DOESNT RESPOND. I HAVE TRIED EVERY FIX I CAN FIND 45057

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface pro 3 voice recognition