Windows 10: Cannot get the Join Domain option

Discus and support Cannot get the Join Domain option in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In my 40 years of being involved with computers, that was one of the dumbest. Maybe ageing is not like wine where it usually improves! Once I got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rtcary, Feb 19, 2018.

1. rtcary Win User

Cannot get the Join Domain option

In my 40 years of being involved with computers, that was one of the dumbest. Maybe ageing is not like wine where it usually improves! Once I got ownership and permissions back in order, I fixed the problem correctly that started it all: C: drive was shared. My C: drive is only used for OS and Apps -- D: drive contains all data.

Back to Samba: I believe my problem is with Centos/Linux since I am now able to transfer files between my Mac and Windows:

Cannot get the Join Domain option [​IMG]

What is the appropriate tool to used that will show what is connected to my Windows -- command line?

Todd

rtcary, Feb 20, 2018
  2. Bree New Member

Not something I've needed to do, but NET SESSION /LIST would seem to fit the bill. You need to run it from an Admin command prompt.

Thema:

Cannot get the Join Domain option

1. Cannot get the Join Domain option - Similar Threads - Cannot Join Domain

2. Laptop domain-joined to InTune but cannot use domain accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop domain-joined to InTune but cannot use domain accounts: A laptop recently came to me that had been wiped by a 3rd party repair service. This has reset it from Edu Pro to Home version.I've reimaged it using an Edu Pro ISO from a USB, but I've had to create a temporary personal account to sign in to do so. I'm autopiloting it...
  3. Laptop domain-joined to InTune but cannot use domain accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Laptop domain-joined to InTune but cannot use domain accounts: A laptop recently came to me that had been wiped by a 3rd party repair service. This has reset it from Edu Pro to Home version.I've reimaged it using an Edu Pro ISO from a USB, but I've had to create a temporary personal account to sign in to do so. I'm autopiloting it...
  4. Laptop domain-joined to InTune but cannot use domain accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Problem Joining a Domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem Joining a Domain: I have a new Windows 11 Pro PC...and cannot join my domain. I enter the correct user name and password and domain i even tried domainname.local. It then asks for the computer name and computer domain. I have no idea what the computer domain is. I tried my network domain and...
  6. Client cannot join domain domain Windows Server 2008 R2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Client cannot join domain domain Windows Server 2008 R2: Hello Team,My customer have active directory on windows server 2008 R2- His windows server shutdown by electric power off- After Electric on then he start windows active directory on windows server 2008 R2- Normal the active directory - But new client unable to join the...
  7. Joining a Domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Joining a Domain: I'm trying to join a domain that resides on my Synology NAS. When trying to join the domain I'm getting the following message: [ATTACH] I've also tried joining the domain using the "Network ID" button and I get the following message: [ATTACH] I'm running Windows 10...
  8. "Join a domain" option missing?

"Join a domain" option missing?: We are moving from a Win7 fleet to Win10 (pro). We have encountered an issue where we are unable to connect to our domain with the new PCs. From what I understand, under Settings>system>about there should be a "join a domain" option. This option does not exist for us, and...
  9. Domain Joining error

Domain Joining error: Hai all I am Sumesh I have a problem for joining to my company domain ,if we trying to join a new win10 PC to domain its showing the below error Our Server is win2008 R2 and this system is win 10 pro 64bit please help me to solve this issu...
  10. cannot join domain on server 2003

cannot join domain on server 2003: Hi all, since Microsoft released 1803 version of Windows 10, I am not able to join domain on SBS 2003 (single label). On June 2018 some updates was released in Win10 1709 and since then it is not possible to connect to domain too. The only solution is clean installation of...